• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

blame space

Resettlement Advisor
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
dumb question but why do they keep showing that shot from inside the storm drain? i think fuches looked into it twice. what does the storm drain have to do with where the car was found?

hijukal

Oct 25, 2017
I think Gene will take out Fuches, after Barry interjects and tries to save Gene. Think about it - Gene hates whoever killed Janice. Knowing Barry killed her, with their existing history, then Barry is a semi-saviour, and Gene having killed someone AND given Fuches' call to the cops Gene just can't run to the cops. That's a good setup for future drama.

Egg0

Oct 25, 2017
I've been doing a catch up on this show. Watched all of season 1 yesterday and almost caught up with season 2 now. This is a hell of a show and Hader is a fantastic director.

Episode 5 of season 2 is one of the wildest and funniest episode of TV I've seen in a while.

Master Of Illusion

Alt Account
Banned
Mar 18, 2019
WHEW this is the best show currently airing on TV. I've never seen a comedy switch to pure thriller mode so effortlessly (albeit at all).

Kek at the accordion guy.

Darkwing-Buck

Oct 25, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
vssajlzyihy21.jpg

So good.

OP
OP
Cornballer

Cornballer

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
Season finale tonight:
berkman > block

Barry (Bill Hader) is out for vengeance. Noho Hank (Anthony Carrigan) faces the looming threat of being sent home. Sally (Sarah Goldberg) makes a split-second decision on the night of the acting class' big performance. Fuches (Stephen Root) turns to an unexpected source for help.
Barry has already been renewed for S3 on HBO.

CallMeShaft

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I mentioned it once already this week, but thinking about it, the most 'clean' ending to this current situation is for Fuches to graze Gene in the back of the head. Barry and Gene, once he's conscious again, can try to convince the police that a person (who in this case would be Fuches) tried to set him up and point out that individuals who shoot themselves in the head don't generally miss enough of the brain to allow themselves to live. And then Barry has to attempt to kill Fuches before he gets caught by police, effectively ending Barry's 'no kill' policy.

It's the only thing I can currently come up with that would allow Gene to live and not be a prime suspect in Moss' death, despite Fuches' phone call to police last episode.

Though this show has a tendency to go down some dark paths, so I half expect Gene to bite it tonight. I'm just hoping it'll all work out for him.

Fat4all

Woke up, got a money tag, swears a lot
Oct 25, 2017
here
I mentioned it once already this week, but thinking about it, the most 'clean' ending to this current situation is for Fuches to graze Gene in the back of the head. Barry and Gene, once he's conscious again, can try to convince the police that a person (who in this case would be Fuches) tried to set him up and point out that individuals who shoot themselves in the head don't generally miss enough of the brain to allow themselves to live. And then Barry has to attempt to kill Fuches before he gets caught by police, effectively ending Barry's 'no kill' policy.

It's the only thing I can currently come up with that would allow Gene to live and not be a prime suspect in Moss' death, despite Fuches' phone call to police last episode.

Though this show has a tendency to go down some dark paths, so I half expect Gene to bite it tonight. I'm just hoping it'll all work out for him.
the show has balanced its comedy and tragedy so well, I expect highlights for both

some gut busting jokes/situations, and some truly devastating and depressing stuff

more than anything , i'm just glad Noho is still around

Deleted member 51957

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 14, 2019
on one hand i think fuches will miss/gun will malfunction cause he's a fuckup and that in itself is hilarious -- also I don't want gene to die at all

but on the other it would be cool to see them really punch it like that... 'barry is out for veangance'

Fat4all

Oct 25, 2017
here
I think there's a chance Barry goes all the way back in on killing just as he also nabs a major acting roll

TaterTots

Oct 27, 2017
dumb question but why do they keep showing that shot from inside the storm drain? i think fuches looked into it twice. what does the storm drain have to do with where the car was found?

The otherside of the drain is where the car is I believe.

I am hype for Got tonight, but I'm more hype for the credits for Barry to begin lol.

Fat4all

Oct 25, 2017
here
i expected

Fuches or Cousineau to either both die, or one live and one die

I really didn't expect both would live

hot damn

Fat4all

Oct 25, 2017
here
Sally going in the opposite direction caught me by complete suprise

blame space

Resettlement Advisor
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
i love the shot of comatose Gene staring at a divot in the floor at the police station.

blame space

Resettlement Advisor
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Michael carrying around his exercise ball ➡️ Michael deflating his air pillow killed me

DrewFu

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt-account
Banned
Apr 19, 2018
That made up for Game of Thrones' garbage finale.

Fat4all

Oct 25, 2017
here
i'll pour one out for

Mayrbek

as soon as i saw that smile...

Chase

Oct 25, 2017
Lost it at barely audible Fuches walking over to talk.

Wasn't expecting the direction they went with the Sally plot line.

Can't believed Fuches made it after not one, but two Barry "I'm coming for you calls".

Great season.

Fat4all

Oct 25, 2017
here
i also love that the table was in the exact spot NoHo planned it to be earlier in the episode

Noog

▲ Legend ▲
May 1, 2018
Awesome finale. I wish this show got more attention, it's such a fascinating, well-written story. Bill Hader deserves A LOT of credit for writing, starring in and often directing this show.

CallMeShaft

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Amazing episode. I'm surprised that the pin ended up solving the incident with police. Never crossed my mind when Barry got it. Helped allow all three of Gene, Fuches, and Barry to keep going outside of a jail cell or a casket.

That scene where Barry went off was a thing of beauty. And then him going into the darkness at the end, holy crap. Not to mention it seems like Barry dropping the 'Block' surname was his way of reverting back to who he really is, even though he might not have fully grasped it until the next scene. So it feels like he has accepted his dark side.

Sally's turn during the performance is also worth mentioning.

Now She'll have to deal with Sam's anger about that lie and Barry will have to deal with Gene knowing, or at least suspecting, that Barry was involved in Moss' death.

RoninChaos

Oct 26, 2017
That was a hell of an ending.

Anybody else notice esthers jacket looking like a styrofoam cup from the 90s?