• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Cels

Oct 26, 2017
the chechens dudes speak Russian even though the captions say (speaking chechen). 0/10 show.

all kidding aside i wonder how cousineau is going react to fuches' revelation in s3.

Fitts

You know what that means
Oct 25, 2017
S2 was amazeballs great. Did I already post that? I don't care.

S2 was amazeballs great.

Bane

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
So I just watched the whole show over the last two days. Fucking hell it's so great. I've long been a fan of Hader's comedy but I've an entirely new level of respect for him now.

Noho Hank might be my favorite character on TV currently. I really liked that dude as Zsasz on Gotham but he didn't get near the material he does in this.

Has anyone said now long they plan the show to go? I imagine 3-4 seasons should be the max and would hate to see it be dragged out and suffer in quality.

Blader

Oct 27, 2017
Bill Hader is really underrated as a dramatic actor. When he was racing to get to Fuches at the end of ep. 7, and then went on the warpath in 8, you totally buy his desperation and blind rage in those moments.

The fact that he starred in and directed ronnie/lily is incredible.

The Climaxan

Oct 27, 2017
NC-USA
[CLOSES EYES AND ENTERS THREAD]

I binged season 1 and finished it up yesterday and am diving into season 2 today.

HOLY FUCK, WHAT A SHOW!

NoHo Hank is one of the greatest TV characters ever, no bullshit.

Username1198

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Space, Man
but he doesn't want to be ☹️

Haders acting is so good, when he's in normal everyday situations, he's not intimidating at all. But man, when he goes to that dark place, he's scary af.

He reminds me of The Bride, the scenes where she sees red and just kills everything.

This show is so good. So good. But yea, he's a monster for sure. He's proven he will kill innocents to keep himself safe. Reminds me of Walter White

Last edited:

Plastic Shark

Nov 17, 2017

This always makes me laugh when I remember it.
What a great show, love it. I'm so glad they didn't kill off Hank because he's such a treasure and one of the best things from the show.

EdibleKnife

Oct 29, 2017
Just from a writing perspective, I love that the show always makes sure that every episode there's still at least one spinning plate or frayed wire by the end of each episode. It's easiest to spot in this last episode. Like many of the threads surrounding the main charcter seem relatively sewn off. The pin puts the blame on the gang, the play went great, Gene is released from jail a free man. But the last spinning plate/card on the house is what Fuches whispers to Gene and we remember it at the same time in the story. One last piece that isn't adressed that sets the stage for more drama. It seems really obvious for writing series television but is the most beautiful when a show makes it feel right & natural rather than artificial.

This always makes me laugh when I remember it.
What a great show, love it. I'm so glad they didn't kill off Hank because he's such a treasure and one of the best things from the show.

LOL this is really damn special. This might be my new go to response whenever a friend rambles.

Ocarina_117

Oct 26, 2017
DAMN the final sequence was a hard watch.

What a phenomenal television show.

Currently recommending it to every single person I know.

HiLife

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Just a random post to say that I started s1 and 3 episodes in. Am I wrong for feeling like Sally is gonna get annoying with how self absorbed she seems so far lol.

Joeku

Oct 26, 2017
Just a random post to say that I started s1 and 3 episodes in. Am I wrong for feeling like Sally is gonna get annoying with how self absorbed she seems so far lol.
Like Lotus says, that's kind of the point, but here's a fun article that expands on the reaction some people had to her and the kind of character she is (slight spoilers for an episode you haven't seen yet but the quote below is safe):
https://www.elle.com/culture/a20052...ium=social-media&utm_campaign=socialflowTWELM

At an early screening of Barry, the hit HBO show that casts Bill Hader as a hitman turned improv actor, a man in the audience raised his hand to offer some constructive feedback. He wasn't a fan of Sally Reed, one of Barry Berkman's classmates and his crush on the show. The man deemed her narcissistic and delusional. He said she wasn't "likeable."

Sarah Goldberg, who plays Sally on Barry, was prepared to seethe in silence. But just then, a writer on the show stepped in. "Barry fucking kills people," Goldberg remembers she said. "He's a murderer, and you don't like Sally because she's self-involved."

The moment—so pointed and perfect Goldberg wishes she had it trapped in glass—is one that she's returned to over and over since Barry premiered last month. It's the "perfect distillation," a simple back-and-forth that sums up just how hard it is to depict complicated, "flawed" women on screen. Even next to a homicidal loner, somehow it's Sally who looks bad.

Deleted member 5853

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Also, to add on to that, she is supposed to be like that. In fact, pretty much everyone in Gene's class is an absorbed narcissist to some degree. One could even go so far as to say that every character on the show is self-absorbed, either overtly or subtly.

HiLife

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Interesting. I'm loving Hader in this and I think I found a new show to binge. About to watch a couple more before I pass out. I'll probably be on s2 by wed.

Nov 2, 2017
One thing I didn't care for this season was the Detective (Loach's) heel turn, where we find out the real reason he's hunting down Barry. That character was always a bit dopey but I thought he seemed to actually care about Janice in season 1, I didn't buy him not giving a shit about her fate at all. Just felt like a convenient way to wrap up the detective investigation plot for the season.

Overall though, still reeling from the fact that Barry killed a guy, and got away with it.

jviggy43

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Thats her character.

One thing I didn't care for this season was the Detective (Loach's) heel turn, where we find out the real reason he's hunting down Barry. That character was always a bit dopey but I thought he seemed to actually care about Janice in season 1, I didn't buy him not giving a shit about her fate at all. Just felt like a convenient way to wrap up the detective investigation plot for the season.

Overall though, still reeling from the fact that Barry killed a guy, and got away with it.
This was by far the highlight of the season next to the following episode. Could not disagree more. I to this day think about that ending and start laughing to myself about it.

Oct 25, 2017
Okay, Barry telling that Albert story gave me some big validation.

"Tell me your story."
* Tells story *
"Okay, don't fucking ever tell anyone that again."

Riiight.

You can just see the reaction coming even when people are like "it can't be THAT bad".

I'm uncomfortable with how relateable I find this character.

Futureman

Oct 26, 2017
Like Lotus says, that's kind of the point, but here's a fun article that expands on the reaction some people had to her and the kind of character she is (slight spoilers for an episode you haven't seen yet but the quote below is safe):
https://www.elle.com/culture/a20052...ium=social-media&utm_campaign=socialflowTWELM

Damn this is perfect.

Though I'll have to say I never got the vibe of being annoyed by Sally. I really like her character even in season 1.

Oct 25, 2017
Damn this is perfect.

Though I'll have to say I never got the vibe of being annoyed by Sally. I really like her character even in season 1.
It was definitely the point where she had Barry keep dropping his stuff for her, then kind of just tossed him after they slept together.

But then Barry upped it by freaking out at her with the laptop and for talking to the guy at the party. They were going back and forth for most annoying for a minute in the middle of season 1.

noomi

Oct 25, 2017
New Jersey
Finally started watching this show, and I'm glad I did. Finished up season 1 and now it's up there with some of my all time favorites. God damn @ the season 1 finale.

About to jump into season 2 now.

HiLife

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Just finished season 1 and Haders demeanor alone (ep7) when he kills his friend in the car is crazy.

You can immediately sense the fear in Chris when Barry asked him, "why did you say that?"

hydruxo

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Just finished season 1 and Haders demeanor alone (ep7) when he kills his friend in the car is crazy.

You can immediately sense the fear in Chris when Barry asked him, "why did you say that?"

That still might be my favorite scene in the whole show so far. Incredible acting from them both.

Deleted member 11069

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Saw episode 5 and 6 last night and man, Episode 5 is just absolutely incredible. Really something else, I have to search for some behind the scenes on that.

Blitzrules240

Self requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Midwest
I've been recommending Barry to all my friends disappointed with Game of Thrones. Even claimed it's the best show on HBO

Shugdaddy

Dec 1, 2017
Wasn't too keen on Sally in season 1, but season 2 I definitely felt for her. Was some really strong stuff with her domestic abuse story.

Noho Hank stays winning.

Nothus

Oct 26, 2017
I love that little bit of foreshadowing during season 2 where Barry is training the goons how to shoot. He gets mad when he sees one guy getting a bit cocky, goes and yells at him to never lose concentration or hesitate or he'll be killed.
Then in the finale the same guy is covering the doorway ready to shoot and the camera cuts to his face as Barry walks in. You see the guy's reaction, and the hesitation, as Barry just executes the guy without a second's thought. Fucking brutal and at the same time some really great writing. Love it.