• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Blader

Oct 27, 2017
I was planning to stay away from bars and restaurants the next couple weeks anyway, but even still. Shit.

Dark Knight

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Oh damn. I'm in MA. Going to my parents house tomorrow and we're gonna get takeout some place for my birthday. Sounds like places need the business.

Anyways, a good call and this should happen everywhere.

Oct 25, 2017
I know people that work in the restaurant industry and rely on tips and such to get by. I expect many angry people

Valkrai

Oct 25, 2017
I'm still shocked people are dumb enough to go to bars now regardless of the warnings about the virus. Its to protect them.

Piggus

Oct 27, 2017
Oregon
Only a matter of time before they do this in Oregon too. Our restaurant just started offering curbside pickup. We may just need to close entirely though... :( We've already had to lay off some people and significantly cut back on hours.

Dark Knight

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I'm still shocked people are dumb enough to go to bars now regardless of the warnings about the virus. Its to protect them.
St. Patrick's Day is upon us and kids are stupid and selfish as ever, of course nobody is going to listen if they perceive their own health risk as low.

Fat4all

Woke up, got a money tag, swears a lot
Oct 25, 2017
here
tomorrow is in your hands

show

Valkrai

Oct 25, 2017
St. Patrick's Day is upon us and kids are stupid and selfish as ever, of course nobody is going to listen if they perceive their own health risk as low.

Yeah, that's fair. It's been a little irritating personally too since friends tell me the same thing when I don't want to go out with them currently. I'm more concerned about family members not being in great health.

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017
So since the federal government completely bungled this response surely they'll subsidize restaurant and bar owners and workers while they're closed, right? Oh no forgot, that's only for farmers and white collar industries.

Akahige

Oct 27, 2017
Live in Mass, I didn't have any plans to go to restaurants anyways but feel bad for the employees.

TaySan

SayTan
Dec 10, 2018
Tulsa, Oklahoma
I'm starting to get really concerned if this goes on for a very long time. If I lose my job IDK where I can work. :( Best to just not think about it right now.

Dark Knight

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, that's fair. It's been a little irritating personally too since friends tell me the same thing when I don't want to go out with them currently. I'm more concerned about family members not being in great health.
Exactly. I would care a lot less if I got it(I'm 33) and would honestly rather burn through it to get the immunity but I'm terrified of my aging parents getting it.

MattB

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
So does this effect retail to? Are we gonna have to count people coming in and out?

RoninChaos

Oct 26, 2017
This is the kind of shit where rent payments need to be suspended. This stops earnings for a HUGE chunk of people.

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017
This is the kind of shit where rent payments need to be suspended. This stops earnings for a HUGE chunk of people.
And/or an actual leftist implementation of UBI and/or better healthcare system and/or better unemployment payments and/or better SNAP program

Thanks conservatives!

Sonicbug

Oct 26, 2017
The Void, MA
Taken from the bullet point list:
Gov. Baker ordered a slate of other coronavirus changes, including:
  • Any restaurant, bar or establishment that offers food or drink shall not permit on-premises consumption. These establishments may continue to offer food for takeout or delivery, effective Tuesday. Establishments must also follow social distancing protocols outlined in the department of public health guidance. This order does not apply to grocery stores or pharmacies, Baker said. "This is about bars and restaurants and those places people do not absolutely have to go," he said.
  • Gatherings of over 25 people will be prohibited, including all community, civic, public, leisure, faith-based events, sporting events with spectators, concerts, conventions, and any similar event or activity that brings together 25 or more people in a single room or a single space at the same time. This includes venues like fitness centers, private clubs and theaters. This order amends last week's guidance that prohibited gatherings of 250 people or more.
  • Some requirements will be relaxed around current unemployment claims, allowing many workers who are affected by closures to get some financial relief faster.
  • Emergency legislation will be filed to allow new claims to be paid more quickly by waiving the one-week waiting period for unemployment benefits that currently exist under state law.
  • Emergency regulations will be filed to expand eligibility around collecting unemployment for people who have been impacted by COVID-19.
  • Long-term care facilities and nursing homes will be prohibited from allowing any visitors.
  • Hospitals will be required to screen visitors and restrict visitation.
  • The Registry of Motor Vehicles will extend the renewal timeline for certain credentials to reduce the need for customers to physically visit an RMV service center for in-person transactions.
  • Hospitals will be directed to postpone elective surgeries to ensure medical workers and hospital space is available.
  • All commercial health insurance carriers will be ordered to allow providers to deliver services via Telehealth, allowing people to avoid physically going anywhere should they need to consult a medical professional.
  • Legislative package will be filed to help address challenges surrounding the municipal governance issues that have been raised by many cities and towns, including potential delays and holding town meetings and adopting fiscal year 2021 municipal budgets.
  • While it was announced last week, legislation will be filed Monday to officially postpone the Boston Marathon until September 14, 2020.
These orders will remain in effect through April 17.

Speevy

Oct 26, 2017
Here in Georgia, Bryan Kemp is giving districts the choice. How is this a choice?

entremet

You wouldn't toast a NES cartridge
Oct 26, 2017
Are they putting a moratorium on rent payments as well?

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017
lol...i don't want to hear that from someone at a bar right now

we aren't gonna stop this without drastic measures. people are gonna keep going out unless they're forced to not.

no
Maybe they should start by freezing rent payments and expanding unemployment drastically before denying people access to money in a capitalist system

AaronD

Dec 1, 2017
You know, it's going to be hard for many people to stay at home when they lose their homes after being out of work, especially if they have any kind of tax bill due very soon. I work for a hospital so that's job security for me, but there's no possible way of precaution without shutting the whole thing down?

Emiya777

Banned
Jan 14, 2019
Look I know that it will hurt a lot of people financially but it's sadly the right call. Number one thing right now is people's health.

Eeyore

User requested ban
Banned
Dec 13, 2019
Who gives a shit where I am? There is nothing in place to help anyone who is affected or displaced by this epidemic.

That is goddam awful.

You're correct about how this affects other people. There has to be some sort of forgiveness plan for people who won't be able to work because of this.

However, you shouldn't be at a bar.

BWoog

Oct 27, 2017
We need landlords to start saying they're not going to collect rent for a month. Lord knows how many people will become homeless because of this.

subpar spatula

Refuses to Wash his Ass
Oct 26, 2017
You're correct about how this affects other people. There has to be some sort of forgiveness plan for people who won't be able to work because of this.

However, you shouldn't be at a bar.
I get y'all are worried but reading Era makes me feel as if the world is literally ending and the only way to prevent it is to stay at home alone in self isolation. The fear mongering is really off the charts.

Culex

Oct 29, 2017
I don't expect NYSE to be open after Wednesday. Will roll to their virtual platform.

shoptroll

May 29, 2018
No dining on premises does not equal "closed" (ok maybe for bars). Mayor Walsh says Boston is waiving delivery license requirements so any place that doesn't normally deliver has that option available. Sucks for the waitstaff though :(

AaronD

Dec 1, 2017
No dining on premises does not equal "closed" (ok maybe for bars). Mayor Walsh says Boston is waiving delivery license requirements so any place that doesn't normally deliver has that option available. Sucks for the waitstaff though :(
They're suffering already. My brother is a chef at a very popular restaurant, and the last few weeks have been the slowest since the place opened decades ago. Even with the ability to do take out, restaurants are going to close and put people out of work.

Eeyore

User requested ban
Banned
Dec 13, 2019
I get y'all are worried but reading Era makes me feel as if the world is literally ending and the only way to prevent it is to stay at home alone in self isolation. The fear mongering is really off the charts.

If you are sick, stay home in isolation. If you're not, you can certainly go for a walk and grab groceries, etc. However the OP gets irritated when people criticize him for sitting in a bar, it's frankly ignorant to just pretend everything is normal and without flattening the curve, this will be disastrous for the country.

Status
Not open for further replies.