• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

GK86

Oct 25, 2017

Link.

BART Riders hold 'eatin' protest.

A Concord man is speaking out after he was handcuffed and detained by BART police for eating on the platform at the Pleasant Hill station.

Steve Foster of Concord tells ABC7 News this all happened Monday morning at the Pleasant Hill station when he was approached by a BART police officer.

"I was just up there eating my sandwich waiting for the train to come."

Foster says the officer, wearing the name badge McCormick, walked past several other people eating and drinking on the platform and confronted him. His girlfriend caught the interaction on her cellphone.

He was even handcuffed.

BART says state law prohibits people from eating or drinking in the paid portions of the station. In other words, from the time you enter the turnstiles to the time to exit them at your destination.

BART released a statement on Friday in response.

"He was not arrested. He was cited for eating, which is a violation of state law," said spokeswoman Alicia Trost.

She adds the man was lawfully handcuffed after refusing to provide his name multiple times. Once he provided his name, he was cited and released."

ACAB. Ain't got nothing better to do than harass minorities.

Cipherr

Oct 26, 2017
Foster says the officer, wearing the name badge McCormick, walked past several other people eating and drinking on the platform and confronted him. His girlfriend caught the interaction on her cellphone.

Other people sitting there watching this man get harassed while eating like:

DH3xRTI.gif

Deleted member 8741

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I hope everyone in the area was ok. I can't believe they had to watch a man eat a sandwich like that.

Tbm24

Oct 25, 2017
No idea that was a rule. Does New York have a rule like this because I break it in my mornings commuting to work ALL the time.

N64Controller

Nov 2, 2017
>He wasn't arrested, he was cited for eating

Then you watch the video and the cop literally tells him that he's resisting arrest. Not only that, the reason that he's under arrest is because he's resisting arrest (???????????).

McCormick will probably use that story as a fun story to tell his buddies. And then he'll move on to the next PoC to harass for no reason whatsoever.

Afrikan

Oct 28, 2017
I didn't see other folks eating like you said man....

I'll be real... I sneak in a sip of frappuccino...and do not go further. Maybe sneak in a bite of twix without taking out of a backpack. Bart is not cool with that shit, and I do not take chances. I ain't got time and too old to try to talk my way out of a ticket.

It ain't right, but again I don't want you giving other young folks who are new to the area the impression that "everybody" does it.

Verelios

Oct 26, 2017
I didn't see other folks eating like you said man....

I'll be real... I sneak in a sip of frappuccino...and do not go further. Maybe sneak in a bite of twix without taking out of a backpack. Bart is not cool with that shit, and I do not take chances. I ain't got time and too old to try to talk my way out of a ticket.

It ain't right, but again I don't want you giving other young folks who are new to the area the impression that "everybody" does it.
I'm assuming they left when the man was getting harrassed.

AniHawk

No Fear, Only Math
Oct 25, 2017
it's so reassuring crime in walnut creek is at such a low that cops can enforce even the most meaningless of laws.

Mest08

Alt Account
Banned
Oct 30, 2017
I loled when he said to the cop I bet you dont get pussy at home. The homophobic slur he said (the f one) was a bit cringeworthy though. I can't remember the last time I heard that word said.

Last edited:

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
What a broken windows type law. Add 3 police officers? talk about a waste of resources

LGHT_TRSN

Oct 25, 2017
I've regularly gone to that stop. There is a snack shop directly outside the BART entrance. The idea of detaining someone eating there is ridiculous.

Coyote Zamora

alt account
Banned
Jul 19, 2019
It is to me. Fuck is whatever. What he said is probably the 2nd worst thing you can say.
If you want to confuse people not onboard with your personal slang as well as potentially trivialized the use of that word then carry on. It's like me saying n-bomb, people may be confused and/or may not take it as seriously which would give the opposite intent. But again, you do you. I'm just trying to point it how that can be interpreted.

HotHamBoy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
>He wasn't arrested, he was cited for eating

Then you watch the video and the cop literally tells him that he's resisting arrest. Not only that, the reason that he's under arrest is because he's resisting arrest (???????????).

McCormick will probably use that story as a fun story to tell his buddies. And then he'll move on to the next PoC to harass for no reason whatsoever.
"Arrested for resisting arrest" is a classic cop scam even older than "feared for my life"

Einchy

Oct 25, 2017
There's nothing more infuriating than I cop telling someone to stop resisting when they're not doing shit. Then you have aggro cop number 2 coming in yelling like a fucking lunatic and pushing the guy around without knowing what's going on while they tell him to stop resisting, even though he ain't doing shit.

"Stop resisting" is like a cheat code that allows them to do whatever they want.

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
There's nothing more infuriating than I cop telling someone to stop resisting when they're not doing shit. Then you have aggro cop number 2 coming in yelling like a fucking lunatic and pushing the guy around without knowing what's going on while they tell him to stop resisting, even though he ain't doing shit.

"Stop resisting" is like a cheat code that allows them to do whatever they want.
doesn't help when "resisting" is not defined

Mest08

Alt Account
Banned
Oct 30, 2017
If you want to confuse people not onboard with your personal slang as well as potentially trivialized the use of that word then carry on. It's like me saying n-bomb, people may be confused and/or may not take it as seriously which would give the opposite intent. But again, you do you. I'm just trying to point it how that can be interpreted.
Fair enough. What would you call it? I'll edit. I'd rather put what I put than put the word in quotes like I've seen people do.

Dalek

Oct 25, 2017
I've seen people smoking weed, shooting up and taking a dump on BART-but apparently sandwiches aren't allowed.

BLEEN

Oct 27, 2017
"Arrested for resisting arrest" is a classic cop scam even older than "feared for my life"
Yep. I've gotten assault on officers with resisting for...ouch, wtf, stop kicking my head, how is it assault against 6 bitch ass cops @ 140lbs.

AllCopsAreBitchAsses
Fuck 'em

God damn extortionist cowards.

BackLogJoe

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
I saw this yesterday. I felt bad for the guy until he started calling the cop a slur then I was just like, they deserve each other. Lol.

Stinkles

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I watched the first ten seconds and unless there's a time travel sequence where dude goes back in time and attacks an orphanage, I'm out.

Stinkles

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I saw this yesterday. I felt bad for the guy until he started calling the cop a slur then I was just like, they deserve each other. Lol.
Yeah remember the part when one armed and pointlessly antagonistic napoleon started publicly humiliating another human being for quietly eating a sandwich and then after several ridiculous and aggressive exchanges his victim finally used a gross slur and that balanced things out? He shouldn't have used that word - it's disgusting and he's responsible for it but the balance of power here is ridiculous..

Deleted member 11413

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Yeah remember the part when one armed and pointlessly antagonistic napoleon started publicly humiliating another human being for quietly eating a sandwich and then after several ridiculous and aggressive exchanges his victim finally used a gross slur and that balanced things out? He shouldn't have used that word - it's disgusting and he's responsible for it but the balance of power here is ridiculous..
Lol thank you