• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Angie

Best Avatar Thread Ever!
Nov 20, 2017
Kingdom of Corona

Grand Theft Auto: The Trilogy - Hit

Shop for the latest and greatest games and accessories for Sony PlayStation, Microsoft Xbox, Nintendo Switch. A wide selection of Music CDs; TV and Movies (on DVD and Blu-rays). Check our prices be...

Screenshot_2.png

Price in pounds

qZ1WEkl.png

I put on rumor because it could be a placeholder.

Credit to:

Last edited:

Toumari

Oct 27, 2017
England
Those are placeholders obviously (especially the image/date). Though it wouldn't surprise me if they price it similar to this.

That said, the PS5 version better have noticeable advantages to warrant that £10 price bump.

Last edited:

jerf

Nov 1, 2017
Wait, people really expected this to be anything less than a full priced game? From Rockstar?

You're lucky each version isn't sold separately at $30 a pop

Icepick_1878

Nov 29, 2017
Does this mean the upgrades are bigger than we thought? The existence of dedicated PS5/X Versions should mean performance that last gen can't handle.

Or… they are sandbagging the PS4/One versions.

Stoney Mason

Oct 25, 2017
It totally depends on the level of upgrades on what I'm willing to spend. If it's slightly updated textures and that's pretty much it, no way. If it's a true real refinement with better controls, a good graphical upgrade (By good I'm being realistic about the level of improvement), and other touches through the experience, I would pay more. But no way am I paying a premium price for nostalgia alone.

sfedai0

Oct 27, 2017
lol I'll wait for it to drop to $20. No way im paying full price for remastered old games.

IonMagus

Feb 18, 2021
People wonder why they would charge so much for simple Remasters...well Nintendo sold Millions of 3 Mario Roms for 60€ with minimal Upgrades lol

Jimnymebob

Oct 26, 2017
These are no doubt placeholder prices, although I can't see them being that much cheaper, but rereleases like this always make me chuckle.
"I'd pay $90 for a rerelease of game X on modern hardware. "
*game rereleases for $60*
"WTF are they having a laugh? I'll pay $15 at most or wait 'til Game Pass."

Acquiescence

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Lake Titicaca
Assuming it's a placeholder tbh. By rights, this shouldn't be priced at anything higher than £25 at launch, but we're talking Rockstar and GTA here, so it'll be something crazy like £40. 40 quid for three old ass games that probably won't look much better than they did in the PS2 era is a farce.

Lampa

Feb 13, 2018
I really don't think this is representative of anything and it's just placeholders. The cover art, and release date, are, so I think somebody just put it up for regular AAA/TakeTwo prices. If the earlier rumors are true, then it's supposed to release next month, so just wait a while, before jumping to conclusions.

weblaus

Oct 27, 2017
It's sad/funny that base.com is still listing prices in Euros as well despite not selling anything to places outside of Brexitland anymore.

Oct 27, 2017
Many other did too lol (didnt the Collection sold like 6 Million Games or so) so Rockstar is smelling easy money

Tbh I only bought it because Nintendo told a porky and made it sound like the retail version would also be delisted and removed from stores March 31st, so I could sell it later as a collector's item. Obviously that didn't happen, so I guess I should just open it and play Galaxy and Sunshine, haha.