• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Puru

Oct 28, 2017
Do we know if Kaioken will be a power up mechanic? Couldn't it just be like SSGSS Kaioken?
We don't know yet, i kinda imagine it will be something similar to frieza or sol badguy with some sort of drawback attached to it while it lasts and when it ends, i could imagine them giving the ability to use several charges of super to increase it's potency and drawbacks to make it more thematic. I really hope it's not some level 1 super where he throws another kamehameha and calls it a day though, otherwise it would be incredibly disappointing.

Grailly

Oct 27, 2017
Switzerland
We don't know yet, i kinda imagine it will be something similar to frieza or sol badguy with some sort of drawback attached to it while it lasts and when it ends, i could imagine them giving the ability to use several charges of super to increase it's potency and drawbacks to make it more thematic. I really hope it's not some level 1 super where he throws another kamehameha and calls it a day though, otherwise it would be incredibly disappointing.
I'm also hoping for something more unique to separate him from the other Gokus/Bardock

LuigiV

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Perth, Australia
We got already have 8 1/4 Goku's in this game
SS Goku = 1 Goku
SSGSS Goku = 1 Goku
Goku Black = 1 Goku
Gohan = 1/2 Goku
Teen Gohan = 1/2 Goku
Gotenks = 1/4 Goku
Bardock = 2 Goku
*Vegito = 1/2 Goku
*Fused Zamasu = 1/2 Goku
Goku = 1 Goku

* Thanks AlexFlame
Bardock should also only be a 1/2 Goku, not 2 Goku. He only shares half his genes with Goku, so like his kids, he's 1/2 Goku.

Santar

Oct 27, 2017
Norway
I wish they'd give us some new single player modes too, just a survival mode with random opponents would do. I mean they did just that for Extreme Butoden.

Sanox

Oct 25, 2017
Make Genkidama chargable over time. You can have it sitting at the top of the screen and keep increasing its size with more bars when you have a moment to charge.

Allow tag mid charge. Goku stays on screen in the air in the top left/right corner and continues charging. Pressing Goku assist has him dump another meter into the Genkidama. Tag in Goku with his lvl 3 super and he will fire it.

Grailly

Oct 27, 2017
Switzerland
Oct 26, 2017
Wow, saving Cooler and Android 17 for last, huh?

I would have bet that these two would have been the last of the FighterZ character DLC.

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
Wooo a beta!

Now that these are out of the way, can't wait for my champ 17. Hopefully the fact that he's among the last ones means they could get as many new moves as possible.

Edit: I guess these aren't spoilers anymore

yxe4JL-nMvDvQXknqiQz5_tq0lT3ooV5Fs6b68jBEzXtYCHbu5c_M0tO9mEDtXJ9tIfQXup7LD6FeaWxYj1AlUXgRWP_kCNFBgF3_6izVU96ex4UurOlzitIEMywVye739gwa3PiErdA-Rnxi4vf7BpeZDiy9E8=w500-h236-nc
That's what I'm hoping is the case. 17 had quite a few interesting moves near the end of the Tournament of Power that I'd love to see referenced in DBFZ.

Beta sounds great! I'm in, since I was thinking of buying the game either way.

I'm excited if Base Goku and Vegeta means flowing hair visuals. They kind of lost that as the series moved on, but it gave the saiyan saga a distinct look.
We might be getting that back in the upcoming movie.

Stalker

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
FInal Form Cooler
Android 17

Is the next and final pack of the season.

Honestly pretty meh DLC

Broly and Bardock are cool additions Vegito and Zamasu is neat but 17 and Cooler are just okay and getting a 3rd version of Goku and Vegeta is terrible.

RedEther

Jan 7, 2018
Disappointing but we all knew this would happen since this leak is pretty much 100% accurate at this point.

Hopefully the announcement in late July is something cool such as a season 2 announcement.

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
Disappointing but we all knew this would happen since this leak is pretty much 100% accurate at this point.

Hopefully the announcement in late July is something cool such as a season 2 announcement.
I'm not sure if we'll get a Season 2 announcement until after 17 & Cooler drop, assuming that we get a Season 2 & ASW doesn't go straight to a sequel.

H-I-M

Banned
Apr 26, 2018
I personally find it very very shameful to make the base, normal forms of your protagonists 'payable DLC' s'.

Just my personal take on this.

Jinjo

Nov 12, 2017
Sweet, apparently Vegeta will have Galaxy breaker (move he kills Nappa with) and Goku's kaioken will trigger to x3 and x20 depending on how many allies he has. He can perform multiple kaioken attacks with button combinations Gonna make a great anchor.

Would be funny if Spirit Bomb was an assist move and you'd have to protect his ass while he gathers energy lol (however it's just described as slowest and most damage super -lv3 I assume- in the game).

Zomba13

#1 Waluigi Fan! Current Status: Crying
Oct 25, 2017
Hope we get a Season 2 or a Rev2 style upgrade (with a new season of dlc). Far enough removed from the ToP that we can add some big shots from that seeing as we're getting 17. Gimmie Jiren, gimmie Kaefla, gimmie Roshi, gimmie Brianne.

Mugy

Oct 28, 2017
This game, IMO, doesn't need a Second Season, but a sequel. More modes -theres a lot of thing they can do for a 3v3 fighter - (THIS GAME DOEST NOT INCLUDE SOUND TEST!), improve netcode, more based roster characters, more colors, more arenas, etc etc. Things outside just DLC characters. If they do a second season i guess is alright too, but a sequel at this moment is something i would like better.

Still great game, probably the most fun i had been with a FG since Tatsunoko .vs Capcom. Is easy to learn but hard to master, and that for me is the key here. Highly recommend it if you like fighting games but you don't want to put too much time to improve on them.

The latest fighting games i had play are all way too good (Marvel .vs Capcom Infinite, Injustice 2 Legendary Edition, and DBFighterZ). They are all amazing and offert something unique (being MVCI the one that offers the less).

HardRojo

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Peru
I suppose Oozaru was going to be too hard or too long during a cutscene to implement it as his level 3. Excited to see what they do with these characters' dramatic scenes. Also I really hope their playstyles will be interesting enough.
I'm guessing EVO reveal?
Probably earlier as there is an event on the 29th where they'll have some announcements.

Last edited:

Alienous

Oct 25, 2017
I do feel like the base game skipping base Goku and Vegeta forms resulted in a surprisingly balanced representation of characters when compared to other DBZ fighting games.

Hopefully the new Goku and Vegeta are worth the oversaturation.

Weltall Zero

Game Developer
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Madrid

That's not how genetics work :D . Bardock would share exactly 1/2 of Goku's genes, so he's either 1/2 Goku, or 1 Goku (because let's face it, he's Goku with a scouter :P).

Interestingly, however, it would be accurate to halve that number and say we have 4 1/8 Bardocks in the game. :)

Why would you give Base Goku Super Spirit Bomb

Why wouldn't you? It's "base Goku", not "Goku before he learned to SS".

Just give me Kefla. That's all I ask for :<

I want Kale too. Heavyweight female characters are proportionally very rare in videogames.