• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

ShadowFox08

Banned
Nov 25, 2017
this is weird.. base forms should have been in from the beginning. I'll probably only end up buying bardock on the switch version.

Camstun187

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
China
so are new fighters going to stop? Or will they smarten up and jiat turn this into a SF4-style game where they eventually just release almost everyone?

NeonZ

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
so are new fighters going to stop? Or will they smarten up and jiat turn this into a SF4-style game where they eventually just release almost everyone?
We got 8 DLC fighters leaked from datamines right after the game was out and so far it's matching that and there are no real signs of a 2nd wave, aside from rumors.

spman2099

Oct 25, 2017
Assuming the sub isn't wildly different, it's used for all mortal beings by Zamasu.

I'm just going by what the word means in Japanese, I'm not really super familiar with how it was used in the anime (I skipped around everything before the ToP arc).

I will say that my Japanese isn't amazing, so it is possible that I am just wrong. *shrug*

SpiritSlayer

Oct 27, 2017
Why is Goku using Super Spirit Bomb in his base form? Doesn't the act of him going Super Saiyan make it a Super Spirit Bomb like when he fought Kid Buu?

BreakAtmo

Nov 12, 2017
Australia
Why is Goku using Super Spirit Bomb in his base form? Doesn't the act of him going Super Saiyan make it a Super Spirit Bomb like when he fought Kid Buu?

No, the Super Spirit Bomb is, I think, just a Spirit Bomb that's really big due to taking in an unusually large amount of energy. As opposed to the normal Spirit Bomb like what was used against Vegeta.

Edit: I might be wrong, the Wiki says it's the one he used on Kid Buu. Though on the other hand, the only reason he went Super Saiyan there was because Buu was strong enough to push the bomb back, so it's not exactly an intrinsic part of the attack.

DaveB

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
New Hampshire, USA
No, the Super Spirit Bomb is, I think, just a Spirit Bomb that's really big due to taking in an unusually large amount of energy. As opposed to the normal Spirit Bomb like what was used against Vegeta.

Edit: I might be wrong, the Wiki says it's the one he used on Kid Buu. Though on the other hand, the only reason he went Super Saiyan there was because Buu was strong enough to push the bomb back, so it's not exactly an intrinsic part of the attack.
Yep, Goku made the spirit bomb in his base form, but went SS because he needed the extra power to make the final push to overpower Kid Buu.

Lifejumper

Oct 25, 2017
rpsqpmj5jqb11.jpg

Goku can charge his spirit bomb? Or just an lvl 1 attack?

Also looks like goku hair is flowing like in the saiyan saga.

HardRojo

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Peru
With the way the graphics in this game are set up its impossible to implement alternate costumes without redoing the complete animations for each character in each costume. So something like this will never come.
They might come, but I expect them to cost between $3-4 a piece. I'd definitely buy a RoF outfit for SSB Vegeta.

Runner

Nov 1, 2017
Mortals makes more sense (im assuming that's why the American dub used it) but they use Human Being, which gets confused because he often uses it to refer to non human beings.

Pratchett's Johnny Maxwell books have an interesting thought: any alien species' word for their species, would translate most literally as "human" as that is the word for "the species we are"