• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Geobros

Dec 31, 2018
Oh well.....my pre-order of Super Mario 3D All-stars canceled and I was one of the first buyers there. I ordered the game September 4th. Anyway, here it is the official response by Base UK and I have underlined something interesting.

"We have just been notified of our allocation of Super Mario 3D All-stars (Nintendo Switch) and it is woefully short. This is very disappointing and it is with great regret that we have to inform you that we will be unable to fulfil you order on the day of release. Further, as Nintendo and their UK distributers are unable to give us any reassurance that more stock will become available after release, we have taken the regrettable decision to cancel all orders. "

119216833_3405923649465375_4781143768764745380_n.jpg

Oct 28, 2017
Nintendo's release strategy with this game honestly disgusts me.
To be frank, I think the principled choice if you give a damn is to not financially support this release.

catboy

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
you can still get it from most stores. sucks that this is the scenario, but it doesn't seem in limited supply at most retailers.

Oct 29, 2017
UK
This is why I haven't removed my preorder yet. I literally don't know how much stock there will be and I'd rather have it than not have it.

This fucking sucks.

Possum Armada

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Greenville, SC
This is no way is word that Nintendo UK isn't making more copies, just that this retailer has sold through their first allocation and have not been informed of a second at this time.

Tora

The Enlightened Wise Ones
Jun 17, 2018
Wonder what allocation shopto got; they seem to be a bit closer to Nintendo but their site got absolutely massacred so I doubt everyone will get their order.

This is no way is word that Nintendo UK isn't making more copies, just that this retailer has sold through their first allocation and have not been informed of a second at this time.
It's just this anyway, available until March 31st

waugh

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt-account
Banned
Feb 21, 2020
I live in the UK too and I used ShopTo to pre-order a copy. The servers were woefully unprepared for the amount of people trying to pre-order it. It took me hours to get my order in and I'm so glad I persevered because by the next day it was sold out. I'm pretty pissed Nintendo has gone this route for a Mario game. it just comes off as a shitty and I know it's become kind of a meme at this point but I do genuinely believe this release plan is anti-consumer. I think this is undeniable because it is denying consumers the right to choose that they would normally be allowed by a normal release and there is no reason given for these circumstances.

Homura

▲ Legend ▲
Aug 20, 2019
Nintendo won't coast the holidays with just a musou game.
I bet they will send more stock after launch.

Magic-Man

User requested ban
Feb 5, 2019
Epic Universe
It's not like physical is the only way you can get it, so I don't see this being a big issue. I got it digital to avoid the hassle.

.exe

Oct 25, 2017
Hmmm. Have a UK copy preordered as well, but no cancellation email yet. Ordered mine a few hours after the announcement. Fingers crossed.

filterfilter

Nov 12, 2019
I wouldn't assume too much just yet. Base had something similar happen with FF7R resulting in a lot of cancelled preorders on their end, an issue that other retailers didn't seem to have as I preordered from another a little over a week before release and still got the game early. Ultimately this could just be on their end.

Possum Armada

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Greenville, SC
This is the Mini consoles all over again. There will be a second printing before March.

The mini console required multiple factories and dozens of parts.

This is a game cart. There will be plenty more copies to come. Nintendo isn't going to let tens of millions of dollars in pure profit slip through their fingers this Holiday.

This is one second or third tier retailer sending out an email. Everyone needs to dial back the knee jerking and hyperbole a bit.

Phendrift

Oct 25, 2017
yeah this was an easy digital choice. Only 4 GB and the boxart is nothing to write home about anyway.

if I see physical I'll pick it up if not NBD

Launchpad

Oct 26, 2017
Doing this insane release strategy during a pandemic where a lot of people are out of work is just the dumbest shit Nintendo has pulled in a while.

javac

Oct 28, 2017
I ordered from shopto because I had £10 account balance, when trying to order the website straight up displayed a ddos prevention page, the game is currently showing as confirmed and paid and money has been taken but I never did get an email, I swear to god...

Zomba13

#1 Waluigi Fan! Current Status: Crying
Oct 25, 2017
I ordered almost immediately with the Official Nintendo UK Store so hoping I am good, I really expect this to be like the Wii All Stars disc which I'm sure only got one publishing run.

I'd be concerned with a Shop To order tho, given their website issues. I've seen on Twitter people saying they were charged but got no invoice during the first 24 hours they offered preorders.

I had issues with the shopto store but managed to get an order in on the reveal day and got a confirmation email yesterday (or the day before? All the days blur into one in this hellscape)

Renna Hazel

Oct 27, 2017
Doing this insane release strategy during a pandemic where a lot of people are out of work is just the dumbest shit Nintendo has pulled in a while.
There is more demand than expected. I don't think this is an abnormal release strategy. Nintendo simply underestimated demand. They'll send more now that they know.

shoptroll

May 29, 2018
The mini console required multiple factories and dozens of parts.

This is a game cart. There will be plenty more copies to come. Nintendo isn't going to let tens of millions of dollars in pure profit slip through their fingers this Holiday.

This is one second or third tier retailer sending out an email. Everyone needs to dial back the knee jerking and hyperbole a bit.

I don't disagree with you. I was able to snag both mini consoles at retail during the later printings without trouble. Which is where my comparison is coming from. This is going to have healthy supply once the initial rush is through.

TeaLeaf

Oct 11, 2018
Coolshop say they are getting the next batch mid November.
"
MPORTANT: Delivery Week 2, November:
We are pleased to announce that we'll get another batch of the new Super Mario 3D All-Stars game!
*Please note We expect the second batch to arrive in the middle of November, why the release date is shown differently. We'll of course send you an Email, once the 2. batch has arrived and has been shipped to you. :-) "

kami_sama

Oct 26, 2017
Well that sucks. Haven't heard anything here in Spain, but I worry because these things are Europe-wide.

Leo

Oct 27, 2017
What a shitshow.

I'm importing the game, have already paid a ridiculous amount of money for it, and really hope I won't have trouble to get the damn thing.

Sumio Mondo

Oct 25, 2017
United Kingdom
Yeah just had my pre-order cancelled by them. Went with Amazon UK instead in hope of it being fulfilled (was almost £10 cheaper than anywhere else with base.com, so this is annoying).

OP
OP
Geobros

Geobros

Dec 31, 2018
Coolshop say they are getting the next batch mid November.
"
MPORTANT: Delivery Week 2, November:
We are pleased to announce that we'll get another batch of the new Super Mario 3D All-Stars game!
*Please note We expect the second batch to arrive in the middle of November, why the release date is shown differently. We'll of course send you an Email, once the 2. batch has arrived and has been shipped to you. :-) "
This is really interesting!!

Oct 27, 2017
Just remembered that I cancelled my Amazon pre-order because ShopTo were cheaper (UK). Now wondering whether smaller outlets will be getting roundly let down by their shipments for this game, which would be frustrating.

Please, for the love of God Nintendo, don't make me play WWE 2K Battlegrounds next week.