• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Oct 27, 2017
EU Council President Donald Tusk said on Wednesday that the basic foundations of an agreement on Brexit were ready and that it could materialise within hours.

"The basic foundations of an agreement are ready and theoretically tomorrow we could accept this deal with Great Britain," Tusk told Polish journalists in Brussels.

"Theoretically, in seven or eight hours everything should be clear," Tusk said via a live broadcast on Poland's TVN24 news channel.

Boris Johnson redeemed?

djplaeskool

Oct 26, 2017
Tossing in the word "theoretically" on multiple occasions when describing the status doesn't really fill me with confidence.

Teh_Lurv

Oct 25, 2017
From what I understand the new agreement would shift the customs border to the Irish sea, which was previously considered unacceptable by Boris and other hard-line Brexitteers. I think getting this deal through Parliament is going to be an uphill battle.

Tygre

Oct 25, 2017
Chesire, UK
Nothing is agreed until everything is agreed.

When someone says "theoretically" twice in two sentences... that's not big news.

Temascos

Oct 27, 2017
Anything they do has to be agreed by parliament, and there's a lot of unhappy people who would like no Brexit at all or to bring Boris down.

PJV3

Oct 25, 2017
London
So it's a bad deal and by the sounds of it Boris will get a fairly poor trade deal on top(unless he wants to back down on deregulation etc), well worth it.

Bonejack

Oct 27, 2017
So, honest question as i mostly stopped following this whole trainwreck, but how high (or low) are the chances this goes through UK parliament and this whole shitshow just doesn't start over again?

Snack12367

Oct 28, 2017
No chance. The only way this gets by the EU is a customs border on Northern Ireland. If Boris proposes this he will lose the vote, the DUP will never back it.

Moss

Oct 27, 2017
If (when), this gets shot down on Saturday will Johnson have to ask the EU for an extension to Art50? And what will happen if he fails to do so?

Lcs

Aug 9, 2018
At what point does the EU just say fuck it and goes hard brexit regardless of what the UK and it's parliament decide?

Phantom

Writer at Jeux.ca
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Canada
If (when), this gets shot down on Saturday will Johnson have to ask the EU for an extension to Art50? And what will happen if he fails to do so?
My wish is for the EU to NOT allow for any extension. This farce has been going on for far too long, and an extension won't fix the UK's inherent problems. What did they do with the last extension? Almost nothing, politicians are running in circles. France is also against an extension and could veto it, so unless the UK accepts a very poor deal it's going to be a hard brexit come October 31st. Which is all part of the plan for Russia: weaken the EU and the US. Divide and conquer.

Tfritz

Oct 25, 2017
the rest of the union, everytime the uk starts talking about how brexit is finally gonna happen this time, for real:
ASUatBu.gif

Oct 27, 2017
A border down the Irish Sea means Boris loses teh DUP, but supposedly up to 19 Labour MPs are ready to back a deal. It's really hard to say if this passes the HoC or not.

Ac30

Oct 30, 2017
London
Kind of amusing that May's 2017 election miscalculation has been the real block to a deal getting done.

Oct 28, 2017
My wish is for the EU to NOT allow for any extension. This farce has been going on for far too long, and an extension won't fix the UK's inherent problems. What did they do with the last extension? Almost nothing, politicians are running in circles. France is also against an extension and could veto it, so unless the UK accepts a very poor deal it's going to be a hard brexit come October 31st. Which is all part of the plan for Russia: weaken the EU and the US. Divide and conquer.

We'd use the extension this time for a general election and hopefully install a government that isn't full of self-righteous, morally corrupt fucking cunts. So kindly fuck off with this rhetoric.

Oct 27, 2017
I'm sceptical the DUP will sign on to this, even if Arlene has been charmed by Boris, and even a few Tories will bolt. And they are going to need a full house to get it through parliament.

Ironically I see someone attaching an ammendment that this needs a confirmatory referendum and that passing the house, which would include a delay.

Nivash

Oct 25, 2017
We'd use the extension this time for a general election and hopefully install a government that isn't full of self-righteous, morally corrupt fucking cunts. So kindly fuck off with this rhetoric.

Wishful thinking. Failing to get a Brexit by the 31st would probably cause the Brexit Party to balloon and leave you with even worse cunts in government come election time.

For the record, I don't see this deal passing unless some kind of weird Boris effect comes into play. It really is basically another version of May's deal. Then again, Brexit fatigue is setting in and Boris does have a different reputation so who knows.

Oct 28, 2017
Wishful thinking. Failing to get a Brexit by the 31st would probably cause the Brexit Party to balloon and leave you with even worse cunts in government come election time.

That's not remotely true. Thanks to FPTP they'd never get enough votes to take individual constituencies beyond a couple of fortresses, and will only serve to bleed away Tory votes.