• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Rod

Oct 25, 2017
So, Youtube algorithm did just suggest me this thing after a complete random video...

And damn, this looks crazy good. Apparently, it was posted very recently. It captures completely the Burtonverse atmosphere.

Take a look by yourselves:

P.S: I have no association with the artist, nor I should receive any credit for posting.

emperor bohe

Oct 27, 2017
Whoa, I'd definitely play this. Make it the sequal to Batman Returns that we should've gotten (i.e. Billy Dee Williams as Two Face, etc)

Platy

Oct 25, 2017
Brazil
Cool tech demo but people should stop mixing "this assets looks cool" with "this game looks cool" because this barely qualifies as a game

nbnt

Oct 26, 2017
This looks nice, but it's just that, a well done tech demo, not a game.

Nikus

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
It nails down the feel and aesthetic so well that it reminds me of Alien Isolation.

Jumpman23

Nov 14, 2017
Holy amazing tech demo, Batman! That is amazingly detailed capturing all of the nuances of Gotham from the '89 and '92 movie releases.

Temascos

Oct 27, 2017
That is so well done, something about those Tim Burton films had a very cool modern gothic art style that just suited the setting so perfectly. To see it passionately remade is fantastic.

Blade30

Oct 26, 2017
yOeiC82.gif

Looks very good.

Bulby

Prophet of Truth
Oct 29, 2017
Berlin
They got Keaten looking like a dressed up 5 year old in full frame, perfectly.

Piggsy

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Reminds me of that Batman & Robin game for the PSX that had a 1 FPS open world.

HaL64

Nov 3, 2017
Nice art demo. Youtube video compression is really not good with dark colors though. Everything looks banded and washed out even at 4k.
Batmobile materials could use a lot of work. Everything else looks great. Character models and animations look perfect.

Garrison

Oct 27, 2017
Looks amazing. The running animation looks silly but you can't expect much, hate that his arms are to his side at all times like he's about to do a Naruto run or something. The atmosphere, assets, effects are all really well done!

Oct 26, 2017
Outside of Batman's lack of any idle animations making him look like a zombie, they got the aesthetic and style down perfectly.

It must have taken forever to make Gotham City. Burton's version is still my favorite portrayal of the city in cinema.

GamerJM

Nov 8, 2017
I was expecting a romhack of the Sunsoft NES game, not something this ambitious, lol

Spring-Loaded

Oct 27, 2017
That looks rad. I wonder how much of the environment lighting is real-time, or if it's baked in. They really nailed that aspect of the city.

Nintendo

Prophet of Regret
Oct 27, 2017
That's impressive. I hope we get Batman game with Tim Burton's art direction.

Grips

Oct 5, 2020
Mainframe
Besides the obvious majesty of the city they recreated, my favorite thing from this is how they kept Batmans neck so stiff like how it was in the movie.

TheMadTitan

Oct 27, 2017
I'm not impressed. Yeah, it looks pretty, but the world is flat and Batman doesn't move beyond the cape. His head doesn't move and his arms didn't even more to hit the switch. No animations shown beyond the car moving and the jog. The best thing about it is the wrap around cape, which gives me hope that someone will actually do that in the next Batman game (after Gotham Knights).

TheSix

Nov 1, 2017
Toronto
I'm not impressed. Yeah, it looks pretty, but the world is flat and Batman doesn't move beyond the cape. His head doesn't move and his arms didn't even more to hit the switch. No animations shown beyond the car moving and the jog. The best thing about it is the wrap around cape, which gives me hope that someone will actually do that in the next Batman game (after Gotham Knights).
It's a fan made demo, like where are you taking these expectations from lol

TheMadTitan

Oct 27, 2017
It's a fan made demo, like where are you taking these expectations from lol
From other fan made demos that are more visually impressive and dynamic. The fact that it's titled "fan game" and not "tech demo" sets up an expectation that it doesn't come close to meeting.

Don't put out a "fan game" video and not show off anything gamey.

Huey

Oct 27, 2017

Vector

Feb 28, 2018
This is just an assets showcase for the most part.

I do kinda really dig that Gotham aesthetic though, it feels more like the TAS Gotham and the one teased in Arkham Asylum and City than the one we got in Arkham Knight.