• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Uzumaki Goku

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Wow. 10 years ago. I remember getting this at midnight and playing till 6 in the morning. I could do that when I was younger. But yeah, this game changed superhero games forever.

It's one of my favorite games ever but City topped it just a few years later.

Max|Payne

Oct 27, 2017
Portugal
One of the few times where playing the demo completely changed my opinion of a game pre-release. I went from "oh look, another crappy Batman game" to "HOLY SHIT I MUST GET THIS AT ONCE!" and then the full game surpassed my expectations even.

Man, what a masterpiece it was.

Courage

Oct 25, 2017
NYC
I've been meaning to replay Asylum, since it was truly special when it came out and always wondered if it stands on its own today after 3 more Arkhams and a bunch of other games emulating its formula released since then.

Spring-Loaded

Oct 27, 2017
Crossposting:

I stayed up real late playing from the beginning all the way till getting right outside Killer Croc's lair. After hearing him roar, I figured I better get to bed.

Even though my opinion on it has soured considerably since then, I appreciate the groundwork it set for its sequels.

I've been meaning to replay Asylum, since it was truly special when it came out and always wondered if it stands on its own today after 3 more Arkhams and a bunch of other games emulating its formula released since then.

Replaying it lessened my opinion of the game. Can't speak for everyone, and if you are more concerned with reassessing the game, then go for it.

Artdayne

Banned
Nov 7, 2017
It's such a great game, I played parts of it in the past but finally finished it a few months ago and I was so impressed with it.

Falchion

Oct 25, 2017
Boise
This game really snuck up on me. I thought it would just be a shitty Batman game but then my friends in college said it was amazing so I borrowed it and it became one of my favorite games ever.

Hey Please

Avenger
Oct 31, 2017
Not America
For whatever reason, after having started this game 3 times over, I still can't bring myself to play it through. Hopefully, it will change one day.

wookybro

Dec 30, 2018
One of the few times where playing the demo completely changed my opinion of a game pre-release. I went from "oh look, another crappy Batman game" to "HOLY SHIT I MUST GET THIS AT ONCE!" and then the full game surpassed my expectations even.

Man, what a masterpiece it was.
Yep. This was the only situation where a demo for a game made me want to buy the full title on release. So many hours I put into Arkham Asylum, definitely one of my top favorite games of all time. Even though the combat has aged, it's still my favorite Arkham game out of them all.