• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

cvbas

Oct 25, 2017
Brazil
I played it for the first time earlier this year and it already looked stunning at 4K. This is very impressive.

Dragonyeuw

Nov 4, 2017
Crazy, I just reinstalled this two days ago because I'm going through Batman TAS and the Arkham Series in light of Kevin Conroy's( RIP) passing. Good timing...

.exe

Oct 25, 2017
Looks really good. I should start the NG+ hard mode run that I've been meaning to do for years.

ciddative

Apr 5, 2018
Same guys who were part of the Arkham Asylum texture pack, cool.

Wonder if it still uses texmod

RIP Kevin Conroy T_T

cgpartlow

Oct 27, 2017
Seattle, WA
I prefer the ease of Console gaming, but PC mods are one of the best cases around for PC gaming. They can breathe new life into old games. This looks fantastic.

Patitoloco

Oct 27, 2017
His Arkham Asylum HD pack is FANTASTIC so this must be pure fire.

Yep, a replay is incoming for me.

Kami

Jul 13, 2020
Awesome, I've been holding off on playing Arkham City praying they would release this soon. The Arkham Asylum pack was too good.

Patitoloco

Oct 27, 2017
Oh shit, he's retiring from HD packs :(

Will you work on more graphics mods for the Arkham games?
GPUnity: I'm done with texture packs, Arkham City Redux is the end for me. I don't have any plans for other Arkham games either. I hope everyone is happy with this mod.

Kaswa101

Oct 28, 2017
Well damn, had no idea this existed for Arkham. Have to give this a shot next time I replay!

Patitoloco

Oct 27, 2017
I haven't played Origins yet but Knight holds up well IMO. At least that one probably doesn't need the work like the earlier entries.
Origins would need the same work as Arkham City more or less. It's a shame, it's a great and underrated game in the series!

Knight would need nothing, that game looks like a million bucks even 7 years after release, Rocksteady did wonders lol

sixteen-bit

Oct 30, 2017
Has there ever been any interest in a cel-shading mod with model swaps that emulates the TAS art? With the vocal talent in the game I though it'd be a no-brainer.

Condwiramurs

Nov 10, 2020
wow this looks good
fits the old art style perfectly
and a FOV slider and the improved shadows, niiiiicee

Kalik

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
does the texture pack make the game look as good or better than Arkham Knight?

Dragonyeuw

Nov 4, 2017
Origins would need the same work as Arkham City more or less. It's a shame, it's a great and underrated game in the series!

Knight would need nothing, that game looks like a million bucks even 7 years after release, Rocksteady did wonders lol
Yeah it's the only one I haven't played and I think I probably let the mixed user reviews put me off it( which doesn't usually happen). That said, I bought it probably 5 years ago at this point on Steam and I just installed it to have my first playthrough after I finish Batman 'The Enemy Within' Telltales.

Patitoloco

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah it's the only one I haven't played and I think I probably let the mixed user reviews put me off it( which doesn't usually happen). That said, I bought it probably 5 years ago at this point on Steam and I just installed it to have my first playthrough after I finish Batman 'The Enemy Within' Telltales.
I recommend it! It's very similar to City in structure, but the Christmas setting and the story are super good.

And the Telltale games are great, some of my favorite Batman character moments are definitely from those two seasons. I wish there was a third one.

We really lived in a golden era of Batman games, I hope we come back to them someday (and I really like Gotham Knights, but it's not as good)

gdt

Oct 26, 2017
Wild. I just downlou this for a replay after Gotham Knights released. Will be using this!

Hzoltan969

Oct 26, 2017
Arkham Knight on PC looks incredible

I'm not getting the hype. I'm playing it right now, downsampling from 6K, using Nvidia's RTGI etc. and it still doesn't look like a current game. Maybe it doesn't look as dated as it actually is, but it's far from incredible, imho.

That said, I love these games and I'll probably go back and finish the remaining achievements on Arkham City with this HD mod.

Niklel

Prophet of Regret
Aug 10, 2020
Amazing work, obviously.
But there are frame drops in the trailer..? So I wonder how much more demanding the game becomes.

Odelpha

Oct 17, 2018
Hope Arkham City gets a remaster or even remake for current gen. I heard the last gen remaster is pretty bad. Amazing game, I wanna replay it

TheMadTitan

Oct 27, 2017
Since I'm new to the app gaming scene, is this something I can easily add to the Steam Deck?
Don't have a Steam Deck, but in all likelihood, yeah. Depending on the format of the texture loader program, you might have to add that to Steam as a Non-Steam game first to take advantage of Proton, but after that, it should just be a matter of running the program, letting it do its thing, and then playing the game.

hlhbk

Oct 25, 2017
I never even knew there was an arkham asylum pack. Man now I gotta replay these!

hlhbk

Oct 25, 2017
I'm not getting the hype. I'm playing it right now, downsampling from 6K, using Nvidia's RTGI etc. and it still doesn't look like a current game. Maybe it doesn't look as dated as it actually is, but it's far from incredible, imho.

That said, I love these games and I'll probably go back and finish the remaining achievements on Arkham City with this HD mod.

View: https://youtu.be/Z6Vno8r4cN8

Watch that.

Kinthey

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Feels.like what the console remasters should have been instead of going overboard with the character models

Kemono

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Wow this looks awesome.

Now that's how you do a remaster.

OP
OP
Gonzito

Gonzito

Banned
Apr 5, 2022
Spain
I just finished testing the mod and it looks incredible, the shadows and the textures make a huge difference. They have done a great job

Last edited:

deadfolk

Oct 25, 2017
Great timing - was planning to play through this in deck. Hope I cat get it working on there.

Menome

Oct 25, 2017
Has there ever been any interest in a cel-shading mod with model swaps that emulates the TAS art? With the vocal talent in the game I though it'd be a no-brainer.

TAS Batman & Catwoman were featured as a pre-order bonus/DLC. I'm surprised no-one ever went on to cartoonify the other main characters.

NaikoGames

Aug 1, 2022
probably the best superhero game ever made, i love Arkham series so much i hope it comes back someday

Rodney McKay

Oct 26, 2017
Dang it, I literally just finished getting all the riddler trophies on PC.

I haven't done the NG+ playthrough, so I guess I can try this out when I do that (assuming it works reasonably well on Steam Deck).

Grimminski

Oct 27, 2017
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Incredible what Rocksteady was able to achieve. A shame that WB never cared to remaster this game. The gameplay is still smooth as butter.
They did.

apps.15948.66605680773719506.5b3e4fed-0747-483d-b407-2d6f4da8c3ba.4fa94af3-3306-44a9-a003-ded13a407b13