• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Koukalaka

Oct 28, 2017
Scotland
I love it when we get random sales updates for games like this.

Also reminds me that we've not heard from Rocksteady or WB Montreal recently...

Oct 27, 2017
My favourite in the series, and I still remember the beats of a lot of their promo material for it. There's still a lot of money left on the table for Batman games, and I'm looking forward to WB Montreal's effort finally being out in the open after DC Fandome.

Humam

Oct 25, 2017
A new, well made and well marketed Batman game launching both on next gen and current gen can/will beat that. I wonder how much Arkham Knight has sold as compared to this, it should be close if not more.

Mugy

Oct 28, 2017
No wonder WB capitalized in the series that much. For me personally, cheers to them. Arkham City has to be my favorite from all of the Arkham series so far, with 80hrs and numerous playthroughs. It really is a superb game

Asbsand

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Denmark
Almost game of the generation. I had such a good time with that in Christmas 2012. The game was so much better than it had any right to be.

Raigor

May 14, 2020
Arkham Knight sold over 5 million copies as of 2015.

They didn't update sales for this one as we

BasilZero

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Omni
This profile posts a lot of interesting stuff, although most of these things he finds on Linkedin, which is funny.

Amazing, one of my most favorite games from last gen.

Cant believe they threw away the chance of making a proper sequel to it. Could have been one of SE's strongest western franchises if they continued proper support.

ILikeFeet

DF Deet Master
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
ok so wheres 4, 5, and 6
150% isn't enough

48d.png

lost7

Feb 20, 2018
Arkham Knight probably sold more than that. I actually wonder why the series wasn't even bigger than what it is. All of the games were critically a huge success, they were on all platforms and yet it almost feels like Spidey sold as much in its first entry

Samiya

Alt Account
Banned
Nov 30, 2019
I wonder if the revenue made up for the subsequent years of absolutely nothing by WB Montreal and now Rocksteady since 2015.

Deleted member 47654

user requested account closure
Banned
Sep 10, 2018
PlayStation/Xbox/Steam took only %30 of that revenue, theaters take about 40-60 of a movie budget, so yeah, Batman in videogames good bussines.
Also, videogames budget always has been smaller than movies budget.

Raigor

May 14, 2020
Arkham Knight probably sold more than that. I actually wonder why the series wasn't even bigger than what it is. All of the games were critically a huge success, they were on all platforms and yet it almost feels like Spidey sold as much in its first entry

Spider-Man was a good title, Sony marketed the game really well, we didn't have any AAA superhero game since Batman Arkham Knight and Spider-Man is more popular than Batman and on top of that the popularity of the MCU and Spider-Man skyrocketed in the last years.

Activision never cared and they spent the money on COD while relegating Spider-Man to a b-tier series

Muitnorts

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Amazing, one of my most favorite games from last gen.

Cant believe they threw away the chance of making a proper sequel to it. Could have been one of SE's strongest western franchises if they continued proper support.

I feel it was pretty short sighted to abandon it. The game had a ton of goodwill and a was a really strong foundation even if it didn't hit their sales goals.
I so badly wish there was a sequel for me to play.

Raigor

May 14, 2020
Probably not, thats why they want to sell them

The WB gaming division is profitable.
They want to sell because when AT&T acquired Warner they went in a massive debt and they want to repay as fast as possible.

WB Games delivered massive hits with the vast majority of their catalogue

gogosox82

Oct 25, 2017
But didn't AK have a bunch of refunds on steam and pulled it from steam for a while? That probably effect the sales for AK

Prolepro

Ghostwire: BooShock
Banned
Nov 6, 2017
Well deserved. It's an amazing game that Ive finished in one sitting on two separate occasions, the second time being with a group of friends in high school who took turns controlling the game. It was one of the most fun gaming experiences Ive ever had.

jelly

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Guess that's why WB Gaming is high value eh! Rocksteady must have a decent price on them if nobody buys it WB gaming whole.

est1992

Oct 27, 2017
A new, well made and well marketed Batman game launching both on next gen and current gen can/will beat that. I wonder how much Arkham Knight has sold as compared to this, it should be close if not more.
I don't think it sold as well. Keep in mind that Arkham City has been out a lot longer, has a remastered version and is touted as the best superhero game all time.

Nikokuno

Unshakable Resolve
Jul 22, 2019
Dang! That's huge and with the Nolan trilogy and the already huge following of The Bat this ain't surprising. Only played some bits of the first game and it was quite good. The detective things, the atmosphere. The only thing I really didn't enjoy was the combat BUT it's because I always have Bayonetta or any japanese beat em all (NG/DMC) as the basic lol.

Eoin

Oct 27, 2017
That has the average sale price at $48. Was there DLC or anything? That sounds extremely high to me.
There was DLC (Harley Quinn's Revenge) and they also sold skin packs, but that doesn't seem like the type of DLC that would have sold in massive numbers.

Maybe the revenue figure also includes revenue from PlayStation Plus and the Arkham remasters this generation.

Roytheone

Oct 25, 2017
Top 5 game of last gen for me. Incredible game. Happy it sold so much. Now go and announce that next Batman game finally WB!

Vector

Feb 28, 2018
Best superhero game, loved every second of it. Asylum and Knight were also great, but I really didn't like Origins all that much.

Kaswa101

Oct 28, 2017
Deserved. Goddamn I miss this series. Asylum still holds up insanely well and Knight remains absolutely gorgeous.