• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

ChaosXVI

Oct 25, 2017
Oh hell fucking YES!!! And new episodes are on the table!? Are you serious?! I am so in! Day 0!

Sephzilla

Herald of Stoptimus Crime
Oct 25, 2017
Batman TAS > Batman Beyond > Superman TAS > Justice League Unlimited > Justice League

Oct 25, 2017
Batman TAS > Batman Beyond > Justice League Unlimited > Justice League > Superman TAS > Static Shock

I like Static a lot but I will say the animation is an absolute step down in comparison to the others.

Fisty

Oct 25, 2017
Hopefully this release will be coinciding with Rocksteady's announcement that theyve been working on a Batman Beyond game

Maximus

Oct 27, 2017
Great show, I already own it on DVD and digitally, but that remaster is great. Too bad the price of a physical copy is $120 (in Canada). Sucks that some episodes were damaged :/

hikarutilmitt

Dec 16, 2017
Never watched much of Beyond. I assume it's worth a watch?

I also assume the left side of the video in the OP is the remaster? Lol
Absolutely. IMHO it's better than TAS in many ways. It has a more condensed run that allows it to have many highs that are just as or maybe even higher than TAS and far fewer lows, none of which are as bad as some of TAS's lows. I do love TAS, but BB is the better show, IMO, because they had less to stick to and could go their own route doing their own thing and it paid off in every way possible. They took some major risks with some things right at the start of the series, the first few minutes of it even, and it was well-done.

Is Return of the Joker the uncut version?
TBH, I'd want both because they're actually a little different in places. The uncut one is definitely better/darker, but the TV cut isn't exactly bad and has some different connotations to it, even.

Hot Take: Terry is the only good Bruce replacement
This. The JL episodes later in the series are solid proof of this.

Hm, just thinking, but will they include any of the episodes from JLU that went to the future? Epilogue, in particular, is all about Terry anyway.

hikarutilmitt

Dec 16, 2017
I mostly just think the idea of

Terry being Bruce's biological child

was a really unnecessary addition to the story. The stuff with Bruce and Ace though.... man
Except that it was fairly clear, after everything, that it was the case. Both of Terry's parents have red hair, yet both of their kids have black hair? Hell Superman comments about how much Terry is like Bruce at the end of the JL episodes. The entire series ends up with a bit of a different tone once you know this, too. Hell, this is totally something Waller would do, the way she would do it and how it would all fall apart.

I rather liked it, but yes, the part with Ace was good too. It really is, entirely, everything fitting into place as it should.

Bor Gullet

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
OH MY GOD please everyone buy this as well! Holy hell S4 of Batman Beyond would be fucking amazing!!
Holy shit, I hope they do more seasons of this show.
tenor.gif

Batman Beyond without Paul Dini, Alan Burnett, or Andrea Romano? You guys don't want this.

Though I'd be curious to see how cheap the animation would look if they did Batman Beyond today, considering the current state of DC animation.

Bor Gullet

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Time best not be joking about another season, that kinda talk is serious business lol

Honestly I think Timm is kind of messing with fans, he does this often (like when that shitty Batman and Harley film came out, he said more B:TAS could be possible if it sold well).

He's expressed in multiple interviews that he doesn't have a desire to go back to the old shows.

Riskbreaker

Nov 1, 2017
I mostly just think the idea of

Terry being Bruce's biological child

was a really unnecessary addition to the story. The stuff with Bruce and Ace though.... man
The combination of this dumb plot twist and Terry getting his ass kicked by giant rats does not make me look back on this series fondly.

Jimnymebob

Oct 26, 2017
I watched the entirity of this, but aside from the movie, I remember like 2 or 3 episodes and that's it.
I know I really enjoyed it though, so I'll have to pick this up.

Pandora012

Oct 25, 2017
Honestly I think Timm is kind of messing with fans, he does this often (like when that shitty Batman and Harley film came out, he said more B:TAS could be possible if it sold well).

He's expressed in multiple interviews that he doesn't have a desire to go back to the old shows.
That movie was awesome