• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Power Shot

Oct 27, 2017
If this does indeed have the digital, I'm in. Just preordered on Amazon. Crazy deal regardless for the amount of content in the collection.

Beer Monkey

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Remember the concerns about color timing? Batmobile too blue, etc.

RJvkIcf.jpg

I think that was probably the projector at Comicon.

wOWJnTm.png

Beer Monkey

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Incredible. I knew WBA wasn't going to let me down.

You'd be surprised how many people on YouTube are saying the old transfers look better.

I've got all of the old DVD sets and have always hated their picture quality. They weren't made from a fresh telecine or scan, they were made from Betacam SP 480i analog broadcast masters. Ugh.

It is WB, so most likely Movies Anywhere.

Vudu/UV.

MA is just for movies. My Samurai Jack episodes don't show up on my linked services.

PhoncipleBone

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Kentucky, USA
Vudu/UV.

MA is just for movies. My Samurai Jack episodes don't show up on my linked services.
What? BOOO!

But wasn't the Samurai Jack collection before MA officially kicked off? Actually looks like a week after.
I haven't gotten a TV series on disc that was WB since the launch, so really don't know. That sucks if true, because I am all on iTunes and WB going to Movies Anywhere has been great.

EDIT: Looked at the back of recent WB/CW shows on disc. Explicitly says "Does not include iTunes files." DAMMIT, WB!

Oct 25, 2017
MoviesAnywhere is just for movies. TV shows are usually Ultraviolet, which means it's limited to Vudu and maybe Fandango.

chaosaeon

Oct 26, 2017
Stopped back in to see if there was better media to show off everything. Really glad there isn't a blue tint after all.

overcast

Oct 25, 2017
Shit this comes out the same day as 2001 on 4K. I have both preordered, gonna be an expensive day.

Instant Vintage

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 25, 2017
I CANNOT WAIT.

One of my favorite series, second only to Cowboy Bebop. So much money I'm spending in October and I don't care. LOL

jwk94

Oct 25, 2017
I feel exactly the same.

It all looks too bright, the buildings which were black now look blue. The orange sky in the opening is now red.
Thank god I'm not the only one. Is there a reason they brighten these things up? I noticed the same thing in the blu-ray remaster of I Married A Witch.

#1 defender

Oct 27, 2017
So it was never supposed to look that dark?

Look at that shot of the two silhouettes fighting on the roof, yes, the building isn't black anymore, but where did those windows come from? They were there all the time, but were obscured by the old master. And red skies instead of orange lines up with the production art:

I should mention though that this image isn't a 100% accurate representation. I have the book this is taken from and the whole image is a good deal darker and more saturated in it, so whoever scanned it messed up a bit. But the sky is clearly red in it.

Last edited:

geomon

Oct 25, 2017
Miami, FL
So it was never supposed to look that dark?
No they weren't. If you look at some of the original production cells, you can see just how detailed and colorful the show was supposed to look but never could until now.

aight, so 87.39 is a no brainer, right? i fele like it is
It was a no brainer for me at $120. Now that it's sub $100 and comes with a digital copy, you'd be a fool not to iosefe and we both know...you're no fool.

iosefe

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 26, 2017
Where the sun shines
No they weren't. If you look at some of the original production cells, you can see just how detailed and colorful the show was supposed to look but never could until now.

It was a no brainer for me at $120. Now that it's sub $100 and comes with a digital copy, you'd be a fool not to iosefe and we both know...you're no fool.
you're damn right im' no fool

unknown.png

Beer Monkey

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Original production cels. The DVDs and broadcast masters are utter trash, the original art is much more vibrant and colorful.

mjMWaeB.jpg

Beer Monkey

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Just for the heck of it some crops from Mask of the Phantasm. IMO the DVD of this was a better transfer than the TV episodes were. The MPEG artifacts were gnarly though.

0vf98bC.jpg

nexus

Oct 25, 2017
Put in my preorder. For under 90 bucks it seems like a steal, especially after watching that comparison video. I haven't watched every episode but caught random ones when I was younger so it'll be nice to see all of them in a remastered format.

Strike

Oct 25, 2017
Dat price drop. I was going to wait until after release but I might just have to bite on this one.