• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Oct 27, 2017
Put in my preorder. For under 90 bucks it seems like a steal, especially after watching that comparison video. I haven't watched every episode but caught random ones when I was younger so it'll be nice to see all of them in a remastered format.
You are in for a treat if you didn't extensively watch this show as a kid. One of the best animated shows ever. It was so good, it didn't even need the name in the opening title.

Bowl0l

Oct 27, 2017
Since Amazon has two listing before this, when will it be safe for me to remove one of my order?

sfedai0

Oct 27, 2017
All this hype is getting me interested, I have never really seen this show outside a episode or two years ago, as I thought this was aimed at kids. After reading through this thread, I can see its quite the opposite. How strong is each season? And is every episode good or are the really good episodes sprinkled throughout ?

Brazil

Actual Brazilian
Oct 24, 2017
São Paulo, Brazil
All this hype is getting me interested, I have never really seen this show outside a episode or two years ago, as I thought this was aimed at kids. After reading through this thread, I can see its quite the opposite. How strong is each season? And is every episode good or are the really good episodes sprinkled throughout ?
It's probably one of the most consistently good cartoon series ever created, and this is coming from someone who isn't even a big Batman fan.

It's an amazing ride throughout.

zulux21

Oct 25, 2017
I guess I can bite. Ideally the digital copy can be sold for $20 or so which would likely make this set the cheapest it will be for a long time.

I've been meaning to watch this for a while anyways.

Keldroc

Oct 27, 2017

I'd say 80% of them are good, 5% of them are just okay, and 15% of them are great. Really the only subpar ep I can think of off the top of my head is I've Got Batman In My Basement, which is as close to generic braindead kiddie cartoon fluff as the series ever gets. It's an early episode so it's probably just some growing pains. The show honestly hits the ground running and almost never stumbles.

It's the definitive portrayal of Batman in any medium, IMO.

Bor Gullet

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

There's 85 episodes in the original show (not counting the new adventures).

I'd say 15 episodes are bad/mediocre, the rest range from good to excellent.

It's arguably the best adaptation of the character.

Last edited:

Bor Gullet

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'd say 80% of them are good, 5% of them are just okay, and 15% of them are great. Really the only subpar ep I can think of off the top of my head is I've Got Batman In My Basement, which is as close to generic braindead kiddie cartoon fluff as the series ever gets. It's an early episode so it's probably just some growing pains. The show honestly hits the ground running and almost never stumbles.

It's the definitive portrayal of Batman in any medium, IMO.

I adore B:TAS but the show definitely had some stinkers.
latest

latest

latest

latest

latest

latest

latest

Last edited:

Wingfan19

Layout Designer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Bothell WA
Don't you talk dirty about "The Mechanic". I loved that episode. Getting to see how Batman got his cool stuff was fascinating to me as a kid.

#1 defender

Oct 27, 2017
Someone made their own SD/HD comparison, the SD doesn't come off as bad in this one:

Still, the HD remaster is a notable improvement.

Chaosblade

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
Ordered this for my nephew (and I guess his dad) for Christmas. They both love superhero stuff and are big Batman fans in particular, so it seems hard to go wrong with it.

Bowl0l

Oct 27, 2017
Less than a month left, who still keep their orders for two different listing in Amazon?

Oct 25, 2017
I wish I had ordered when it was available on amazon.ca. Sigh.

Oh well. I'm hoping to just get the digital copies at some point.

Jan 11, 2018
Someone made their own SD/HD comparison, the SD doesn't come off as bad in this one:

Still, the HD remaster is a notable improvement.

Looks great. Although it does take some time getting used to the crimson red sky, but unlike the guy who made the comparison and some of the people who comment on the video I also realise that the colours we grew up with weren't necessarily accurately captured. They act like someone changed them in post, when in fact this is just a better transfer.

Beer Monkey

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Man, I have never been happier to see a delay announced, as I'm on vacation for three weeks in October! Was going to be super annoying knowing these discs are sitting at home for two weeks before I can watch them.

Bowl0l

Oct 27, 2017
Man, I have never been happier to see a delay announced, as I'm on vacation for three weeks in October! Was going to be super annoying knowing these discs are sitting at home for two weeks before I can watch them.
Estimated arrival date: November 26, 2018 - December 14, 2018

It's delayed again..

Bowl0l

Oct 27, 2017
Amazon email received on Tuesday, September 11, 2018 8:34 AM

Ordered on July 25, 2018

Beer Monkey

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
I'm leaving both my Amazon and Target orders open until a couple of weeks before release.

I suspect response has been greater than expected and that there will be a standard edition (or editions) following shortly after the Deluxe edition but at no substantial savings over those who got the Deluxe for ~$90.

PhoncipleBone

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Kentucky, USA
I'm leaving both my Amazon and Target orders open until a couple of weeks before release.

I suspect response has been greater than expected and that there will be a standard edition (or editions) following shortly after the Deluxe edition but at no substantial savings over those who got the Deluxe for ~$90.
That is what WB did for Batman 66. Think it was early the next year when a standard box set came out with no extras.

#1 defender

Oct 27, 2017
They probably prioritize the US market too. Mine ordered on July 25th but got delayed to November.
I am staying in Malaysia.

Have your ordered it to Malaysia? If so, it's probably just that they play it extremely safe with their estimated shipping times. I live in central Europe, Amazon.com deliveries usually take 2 weeks to get here, but every time i get a delivery estimate of more than a month.

LosDaddie

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Longwood, FL
I guess I can bite. Ideally the digital copy can be sold for $20 or so which would likely make this set the cheapest it will be for a long time.

I've been meaning to watch this for a while anyways.

I'll buy your digital copy for $20, if you want to sell it. I can PayPal you the $$ as soon as you have the code.

Bowl0l

Oct 27, 2017
Have your ordered it to Malaysia? If so, it's probably just that they play it extremely safe with their estimated shipping times. I live in central Europe, Amazon.com deliveries usually take 2 weeks to get here, but every time i get a delivery estimate of more than a month.
Yup, ship to Malaysia. The books I pre-ordered usually don't include shipping time so it's strange that it is included this time.

CDX

Oct 25, 2017
Maybe, possibly delayed until Nov 27th, at least that's what people on forum.blu-ray.com are speculating.

It seems every online store stopped taking pre-orders and WBshop.comchanged the shipping date to Nov 27

But then again WB didn't officially announce any additional delays yet, and they did announce the first delay.

In other maybe more positive news, a standard non-deluxe non-limited edition set has seemingly been announced for $89.95 USD retail compared to the $112.95 retail price for the deluxe version.

https://www.wbshop.com/collections/...oducts/batman-the-complete-animated-series-bd

Amazon Canada has it for preorder for $76.97 Canadian
Amazon US has a page for it but hasn't listed a price or made it available for preorders yet

Last edited: