• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Oct 25, 2017
Kuwait ⇄ Leeds, England
9729.jpg

Tonight at Comic-Con in San Diego, Warner Bros. introduced its upcoming Blu-ray release of the newly remastered Batman: The Complete Animated Series. The box set will be available for purchase on October 16 for $112.99.

Special Features and Technical Specs:
  • NEW REMASTERS OF ALL EPISODES IN THE SERIES
  • REMASTERS of Batman: Mask of the Phantasm and Batman & Mr. Freeze: SubZero
  • NEW Heart of the Batman - featurette (60 min)
  • Select Audio Commentaries
  • Three Funko Pops
  • Deluxe Art Book
Source

I don't remember the last time I have been this excited for a disk based release. What are some of your favorite moments from the series? I'll post one.

We are fuckin' blessed.

Last edited:

SArcher

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I refuse to get this because of the Funko Pops.

Oct 25, 2017
Is it coming to digital? Or just a plain Jane set? I don't need all the extra crap.

That said, I've been watching some DVD rips and mannnnn it'll be nice to see them all cleaned up.

Shauni

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Was going to say in before 'bitching and whining about the Pops,' but was beat lol

Shauni

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Is it coming to digital? Or just a plain Jane set? I don't need all the extra crap.

That said, I've been watching some DVD rips and mannnnn it'll be nice to see them all cleaned up.

The DC streaming service is going to have it in HD we know, so I would think that the digital versions will probably be available on VOD services at some point

Zombine

Oct 25, 2017
1.33.1 aspect ratio so it'll have those nice black bars on the left and right side of your tv. Fully expected, but just a reminder for those who expected otherwise. Hoping the restoration clears the picture up nicely.

Deleted member 42105

User requested account closure
Banned
Apr 13, 2018
We're so close. Binge watch that weekend no question.
I have complete faith in the team that does remasters for Warner Bros Animation.

Laserdisk

Banned
May 11, 2018
UK
As long as it's region free and not covered in the DNR disney ruins it's animated stuff with, then I am on it like a tramp on chips.

Oct 30, 2017
Preordered. I never thought this would come to blu ray and I'm gonna get it 1 because it's amazing and 2 because I want Superman the animated series and Batman beyond on blu.

Strangelove_77

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
How do you remaster something that wasn't in HD when it was created? Aren't old tv shows and movies "stuck" in the way they were made?

Gentlemen

Oct 25, 2017
Not a fan of the packaging. Thin cardboard sleeves meant to grip the surfaces as opposed to the edges of the disc will scratch the shit out of them. And for what, extra room for 3 cheap vinyl desk toys. Bleah.
Makes me wish there was an alternate edition where the discs are properly encased in something that doesn't risk them sliding around.

Heynongman!

Oct 25, 2017
How do you remaster something that wasn't in HD when it was created? Aren't old tv shows and movies "stuck" in the way they were made?
If the show was shot on film, it's generally a lot higher definition than what you got back then. Also if they have the original cells they can do a lot of touch up work and reshoot stuff. It's a fascinating process

OP
OP
Death Metalist
Oct 25, 2017
Kuwait ⇄ Leeds, England

Scarecrow

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Wish the crew would record complete commentary tracks for every episode. There were precious few in the DVD sets, and they were pretty interesting.

Strangelove_77

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
If the show was shot on film, it's generally a lot higher definition than what you got back then. Also if they have the original cells they can do a lot of touch up work and reshoot stuff. It's a fascinating process

I know that it sometimes happens with movies but I wasn't sure if that happens with tv shows as well. From what I hear, a lot of original stuff like cells get thrown away instead of getting preserved.

Deleted member 135

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So what does this cover? Just the 85 episodes branded under BTAS or also the 24 under The New Batman Adventures?