• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

CDX

Oct 25, 2017
reposting for the new page, so it's not stuck unseen at the bottom of the previous page for 50pp people:

Maybe, possibly delayed until Nov 27th, at least that's what people on forum.blu-ray.com are speculating.

It seems every online store stopped taking pre-orders and WBshop.comchanged the shipping date to Nov 27

But then again WB didn't officially announce any additional delays yet, and they did announce the first delay.

In other maybe more positive news, a standard non-deluxe non-limited edition set has seemingly been announced for $89.95 USD retail compared to the $112.95 retail price for the deluxe version.

https://www.wbshop.com/collections/...oducts/batman-the-complete-animated-series-bd

Amazon Canada has it for preorder for $76.97 Canadian
Amazon US has a page for it but hasn't listed a price or made it available for preorders yet

Yeah, I hope it's not delayed because I was really hoping to start watching it soon.

Polioliolio

Nov 6, 2017
The description for the standard says it still has the commentary and featurettes, so what's the point of deluxe again? The damned fucko poops?

notachoice

Oct 25, 2017
The description for the standard says it still has the commentary and featurettes, so what's the point of deluxe again? The damned fucko poops?

If it's just the Funko stuff I'll happily order the version without it and cancel my other preorder. I realize some people are huge fans but I never understood the craze for those things.

adj_noun

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Maybe, possibly delayed until Nov 27th, at least that's what people on forum.blu-ray.com are speculating.

animated-joker-annoyed.png

Disco

Oct 25, 2017
Finally available on Amazon Canada to preorder. Looks like the regular version only, which is what I wanted really

overcast

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah I'm gonna change to standard. Expensive month.

Edit: wait does anyone have the standard link on Amazon US?

CDX

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah I'm gonna change to standard. Expensive month.

Edit: wait does anyone have the standard link on Amazon US?
i think this is it, because it's a different webpage from my deluxe preorder

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07J33MNCV

Amazon.com hasn't made it available for preorder yet

Standard won't be a limited-print kinda thing, right? I just wanna be sure

I don't know. I assume it won't be but I honestly don't have any idea what WB has planned

Polioliolio

Nov 6, 2017
Wait guys, the deluxe also includes three batman animated films too yeah, like heart of ice, mask of the phantasm, and maybe another one?

The amazon price on deluxe is about 87 lowest right? Assuming standard doesn't dip as drastically, you may as well stick with deluxe if you're interested in those films.

Darknight

"I'd buy that for a dollar!"
Oct 25, 2017
Wait guys, the deluxe also includes three batman animated films too yeah, like heart of ice, mask of the phantasm, and maybe another one?

The amazon price on deluxe is about 87 lowest right? Assuming standard doesn't dip as drastically, you may as well stick with deluxe if you're interested in those films.

The standard comes with them too and the standard will dip as well. I expect at least high 60s to 70s price range.

zulux21

Oct 25, 2017
The standard does come with digital copies. The only difference between standard and deluxe is the Funko Minis, the lenticular art cards, and the art book/disc holder.
i see if I had clicked the earlier link the case clearly says digital lol.

hmm I might change my order than since funko pops are pointless and I was just going to give them away.

depends how much cheaper the standard ends up being for preorder since I already have the collectors at $87.

neoak

Oct 25, 2017

It seems every online store stopped taking pre-orders and WBshop.comchanged the shipping date to Nov 27

But then again WB didn't officially announce any additional delays yet, and they did announce the first delay.

In other maybe more positive news, a standard non-deluxe non-limited edition set has seemingly been announced for $89.95 USD retail compared to the $112.95 retail price for the deluxe version.

https://www.wbshop.com/collections/...oducts/batman-the-complete-animated-series-bd

Amazon Canada has it for preorder for $76.97 Canadian
Amazon US has a page for it but hasn't listed a price or made it available for preorders yet

Actually

T9i4ZK8.png

fxCaR3A.png

Better price than the new stuff lol

Gonna trash the Funkos. Down with Funkos!

Aug 17, 2018
Good stuff. I remember reading forums and people were saying this will never be a BR release the show was done in the early 90s and there's no way they can tidy up the images. So buy up the DVD packs as that's the best you'll ever get.

Well, here we are. Batman: TAS BR Edition.

So much for those forum gabbers.

wenis

Oct 25, 2017
I feel like I'm already locked in for the deluxe. I don't wanna risk not getting it this month because I'm too excited.

You win this time WB. I'll pay the extra couple bucks.

CloseTalker

Oct 25, 2017
Hmmm, standard edition seems the way to go here. The packaging for the LE will probably be obnoxiously large because of the stupid toys anyway. I'm not paying another $30 for some art cards haha.

Scavenger

Oct 27, 2017
The Netherlands
Disc breakdown (in French, via Amazon.fr):

Season 1: 5 discs
Season 2: 2 discs
Season 3: 2 discs
Bonus Disc
*French is set is missing the two movies. Sold separately (French MOTP BD is widescreen only).*

Saison 1 - Disque 1 :
Introduction par Bruce Timm sur les épisodes 1 à 5
Commentaire audio de Bruce Timm et Eric Radomski sur l'épisode 1
Promo du pilote The Dark Knight's First Night : présentée par Bruce Timm

Saison 1 - Disque 2 :
Commentaire audio de Bruce Timm, Eric Radomski et Paul Dini sur l'épisode 14
Rétrospective Batman : The Legacy Continues
Visite de la Batcave

Saison 1 - Disque 3 :
Commentaire audio de Bruce Timm et Eric Radomski sur l'épisode 32
Commentaire audio de Bruce Timm, Eric Radomski et Kevin Altieri sur l'épisode 39
Robin Rising : Comment le personnage de jeune prodige a évolué
Gotham's Guardians : Les fidèles personnages secondaires

Saison 1 - Disque 4 :
Commentaire audio de Bruce Timm, Eric Radomski et Paul Dini sur l'épisode 46
Les voix du Chevalier

Saison 1 - Disque 5 :
Commentaire audio de Bruce Timm, Eric Radomski et Boyd Kirkland sur l'épisode 56
Commentaire audio de Bruce Timm, Paul Dini, Boyd Kirkland, Michael Reaves et Shirley Walker sur l'épisode 64
Le nouveau chevalier de Gotham

Saison 2 - Disque 1 :
Commentaire vidéo de Bruce Timm, Boyd Kirkland et Paul Dini sur l'épisode 5
Commentaire audio de Bruce Timm, Eric Radomski, Shirley Walker et Paul Dini sur l'épisode 7

Saison 2 - Disque 2 :
Pas de bonus

Saison 3 - Disque 1 :
Commentaire audio de Bruce Timm, Paul Dini, Glen Murakami et James Tucker sur l'épisode 12
Arkham Asylum : examinez les dossiers top-secrets des ennemis du Chevalier Noir

Saison 3 - Disque 2 :
Commentaire audio de Bruce Timm, Paul Dini, Glen Murakami et James Tucker sur l'épisode 19

Blu-ray bonus :
"The Heart of Batman" : plongez dans le quotidien des auteurs de la série qui continue d'inspirer les fans et les constructeurs de mythes partout dans le monde 25 ans plus tard
"Conceptualisation de Harley Quinn" : Paul Dini explique comment il a intégré l'un de ses personnages préférés à la série

Beer Monkey

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Ugh, Mask of the Phantasm is definitely best in full frame academy ratio not widescreen. WB France should fix that.

Polioliolio

Nov 6, 2017
What's taking amazon so long here?
Even if only the standard edition is delayed and deluxe is still October 30, I'm passing to standard, don't want the toys.

jett

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Someone made their own SD/HD comparison, the SD doesn't come off as bad in this one:

Still, the HD remaster is a notable improvement.

The simple colors and lines help, I guess.

Some shots look off

lwe7VkB.png

Clearly, this ain't right.

8WA0sGD.png

And here I think it's obvious the policeman's legs were not meant to be seen. :P

Jan 11, 2018
It actually looks a bit better without the "Resotred" text, as you can see his actual feet. They're not just sticks. And it lasts for less than a second, so you're not even likely see this shot to begin with. Overall the remaster clearly looks a lot better. I'm used to the dark red sly with hints of orange, but a quick look at the original cells reveal that the remaster gives a better representation of the intended colours.

Katori

Oct 30, 2017
This looks great based on the clip that was posted. Will be on the lookout for deals on this.

Jombie

Oct 27, 2017

Some shots look off

lwe7VkB.png

8WA0sGD.png

And here I think it's obvious the policeman's legs were not meant to be seen. :P

It's going to suck a ton of atmosphere out of the show if more scenes like these are as bright.

SArcher

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017

Some shots look off

lwe7VkB.png

8WA0sGD.png

What's wrong with the first one? The fact that we can see the building?

Mad

Oct 25, 2017
You guys do realize you'rre nitpicking over several frames basically, from the intro that lasted 2 seconds at best

On feet

Also from earlier in the thread