• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

RoninChaos

Oct 26, 2017
Hey guys. I have two sealed copies I'm selling. One is a bit banged up (the outer box is a bit crushed but the inside and the discs are perfect) The other is in great condition. Hit me up if someone wants to buy them. I posted about them in the buy/sell/trade thread.

Last edited:

neoak

Oct 25, 2017
Returned both LEs I got from Amazon, didn't want to deal with beaten boxed anymore

Hexxen-panda

Oct 25, 2017
Watching the series for the first time with the bluray, and it looks fabulous.
Only seen the first 6 episodes, but do the stories get better/more serious? The first few stories are a little too "Saturday morning cartoon" flavoured for my taste.

Darknight

"I'd buy that for a dollar!"
Oct 25, 2017
Only seen the first 6 episodes, but do the stories get better/more serious? The first few stories are a little too "Saturday morning cartoon" flavoured for my taste.

Ya, there's some really good ones.

Dancrane212

Oct 25, 2017
Just got my standard edition in the mail. Nice and plain looking!

TfLBjVg.jpg

Last edited:

Bor Gullet

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

Yep!

These are the best episodes in the series and some of the best Batman stories out there.

-Two Face Part 1 and Part 2
-Heart of Ice
-Beware the Grey Ghost
-See No Evil
-Feat of Clay Part 1 and Part 2
-Mad as a Hatter
-Perchance to Dream
-Robin's Reckoning Part 1 and Part 2
-The Laughing Fish
-Almost Got Em
-I Am The Night
-The Man Who Killed Batman
-The Demon's Quest Part 1 and Part 2
-Read my Lips
-Dreams of Darkness
-A Bullet for Bullock
-Trial
-House and Garden
-Harlequinade
-Showdown (not really a Batman episode, but awesome showcase for Jonah Hex).
-Riddler's Reform
-Second Chance

So keep watching! Or just skip to the ones I mentioned :)

Hexxen-panda

Oct 25, 2017
Yep!

These are the best episodes in the series and some of the best Batman stories out there.

-Heart of Ice
-Beware the Grey Ghost
-See No Evil
-Mad as a Hatter
-Perchance to Dream
-The Laughing Fish
-Almost Got Em
-I Am The Night
-Read my Lips
-Dreams of Darkness
-A Bullet for Bullock
-Trial
-House and Garden
-Harlequinade
-Riddler's Reform
-Second Chance

Very cool! I think I'll watch all of it at a casual pace, so it's smart that they end Disc 1 on a very nice uptick in quality.

ViewtifulJC

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yep!

-Heart of Ice
-Beware the Grey Ghost
-See No Evil
-Mad as a Hatter
-Perchance to Dream
-The Laughing Fish
-Almost Got Em
-I Am The Night
-Read my Lips
-Dreams of Darkness
-A Bullet for Bullock
-Trial
-House and Garden
-Harlequinade
-Riddler's Reform
-Second Chance

This is a good list. I'd add a few

-Avatar(Indiana Jones pulp adventure with the Al Ghuls)
-Catwalk(the only great Catwoman episode)
-The Clock King(a formidable, original antagonist. he reminds of what I want the Riddler to be, use logical everyday objects instead of goofy puzzles)
-Deep Freeze(Evil Walt Disney finds a great use for Freeze's immortality, also has Miyazaki references)
-Harley's Holiday(the best slapstick comedy of the series)
-Joker's Favor(Hitchcokian Wrong Man in the Wrong Place thriller, showcase for the casual pure evil of the Joker)
-Vendetta(Great noir-ish, atmospehric horror thriller)
-Beware the Creeper(Infectiously fun, looney tunes episode that upends conventions)
-Critters(controversial, widely hated, but if you understand the joke that is Joe R. Lansdale's script, maybe not a more fun episode in the series)
-Double Talk(stylish suspense noir, great follow-up to Read My Lips)
-Growing Pains(Fantastic animation, stirring voice work, an emotionally gripping story...one of the series' very best episodes)
-Joker's Millions(delightfully goofy Joker showcase)
-Mad Love(A very fine adaptation of quite possibly my single favorite Batman comic)
-Never Fear(A clever, genuinely horrifying Scarecrow episode, where he takes away fear instead of causing it)
-Over the Edge(A hallucinatory nightmare Bad Ending for Batman's pursuit of justice. Animation, music, direction, script, top class all)
-The Ultimate Thrill(A viscerally exciting trifle, starring a compelling Bruce Timm femme fetale and exciting chase sequences)

Bor Gullet

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
This is a good list. I'd add a few

-Avatar(Indiana Jones pulp adventure with the Al Ghuls)
-Catwalk(the only great Catwoman episode)
-The Clock King(a formidable, original antagonist. he reminds of what I want the Riddler to be, use logical everyday objects instead of goofy puzzles)
-Deep Freeze(Evil Walt Disney finds a great use for Freeze's immortality, also has Miyazaki references)
-Harley's Holiday(the best slapstick comedy of the series)
-Joker's Favor(Hitchcokian Wrong Man in the Wrong Place thriller, showcase for the casual pure evil of the Joker)
-Vendetta(Great noir-ish, atmospehric horror thriller)
-Beware the Creeper(Infectiously fun, looney tunes episode that upends conventions)
-Critters(controversial, widely hated, but if you understand the joke that is Joe R. Lansdale's script, maybe not a more fun episode in the series)
-Double Talk(stylish suspense noir, great follow-up to Read My Lips)
-Growing Pains(Fantastic animation, stirring voice work, an emotionally gripping story...one of the series' very best episodes)
-Joker's Millions(delightfully goofy Joker showcase)
-Mad Love(A very fine adaptation of quite possibly my single favorite Batman comic)
-Never Fear(A clever, genuinely horrifying Scarecrow episode, where he takes away fear instead of causing it)
-Over the Edge(A hallucinatory nightmare Bad Ending for Batman's pursuit of justice. Animation, music, direction, script, top class all)
-The Ultimate Thrill(A viscerally exciting trifle, starring a compelling Bruce Timm femme fetale and exciting chase sequences)

I didn't list the New Adventure episodes, but there's definitely some really good episodes there.

I really turned around on Critters after listening to the audio commentary.

ViewtifulJC

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I didn't list the New Adventure episodes, but there's definitely some really good episodes there.

I really turned around on Critters after listening to the audio commentary.
Critters is great because it's like a zany silver age story invading our modern dark sosphicated Batman world. The juaxtopsition is absolutely hilarious to me, especially the climax on the farm. Batman, straight face, runs off to grab like a truck, drives it towards the silo that's about to launch and infect all of Gotham with giant animals, dives out at the last minute and it's just filmed like the most dramatic thing ever.

Oct 27, 2017
Tn, USA
What are the odds that there will be a massive BR set of all the DC animated stuff from this era (B:AS, S:AS, and JL)? Probably wont be any cheaper than getting all this separately, but just curious.

Jun 6, 2018
Blu ray just launched in Australia today. JB exclusive and it's 20 percent off for anyone in Aus who's interested. I'm amazed at how good it looks and love that they kept 4:3. The higher quality definitely highlights some of the dodgier animations in earlier episodes but it's cool seeing how the show has improved as you keep watching. Still the best Batman related media ever made imo

ploonkey

Oct 25, 2017
I got my Standard Edition today but I cannot find the digital code anywhere...I got the 2 cases. With 2 pieces of paper, one about DC Universe. And one multipage pamphlet listing the contents of the boxset. But no code... I'm gonna call Walmart but I feel like I just haven't looked in the right place lol

Last edited:

ChrisR

Oct 26, 2017
What is the MSRP for the standard edition? $50 would be nice but Walmart seems to be charging $75 now

Bor Gullet

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

overcast

Oct 25, 2017
Damn, kinda want to continue to hold out until the standard edition goes a little lower again. Otherwise I'll just grab it next month.

May 5, 2018
Even if the limited and the standard are the same price, I will gladly pay for the standard. The art may not be as dramatic but the packaging is less cumbersome. I have a couple complete show sets that use that book style packaging and it's so annoying.

draconuszero

Oct 28, 2017
I got my Standard Edition today but I cannot find the digital code anywhere...I got the 2 cases. With 2 pieces of paper, one about DC Universe. And one multipage pamphlet listing the contents of the boxset. But no code... I'm gonna call Walmart but I feel like I just haven't looked in the right place lol

I got my copy of the standard edition from Walmart as well and it looks like I didn't get a code either. I'll try the digital support and see if they have any solution.

UPDATE: The support team sent me a code after sending them a picture of the box with my ticket number on a piece of paper.

Last edited:

Hexxen-panda

Oct 25, 2017
What's up with Two-face showing up in Arkham Asylum for episode 24 when the last time we saw him was in the Poison Ivy episode and his face was still fine?

Bor Gullet

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Speaking of which, I just finished watching the Fear of Victory episode, and the animation was really nice.

Turns out it was animated by TMS. Can't help imagine how this show would look if every episode was animated by TMS.

Ultratech

Oct 25, 2017
Ordered the Standard Edition a few days ago and got it in yesterday.

Watched a few episodes this morning and I could really tell they did some major work.
Lots of stuff looks significantly better as far them retouching. I'm really impressed so far.

Unfortunately, my set was missing the Digital Code, so I'm having to contact WB Digital Support on that.