• Introducing Image Options for ResetEra 2.0! Check the left side navigation bar to show or hide images, avatars, covers, and embedded media. More details at the link.
  • Community Spotlight sign-ups are open once again for both Gaming and EtcetEra Hangout threads! If you want to shine a spotlight on your community, please register now.

Batman vs. TMNT Animated Movie Trailer

Penguin

The Mushroom Kingdom Knight
Oct 25, 2017
New York
https://ew.com/trailers/2019/03/12/batman-vs-teenage-mutant-ninja-turtles-trailer/

In EW’s exclusive first trailer for Batman vs. Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, inspired by the story arc from comic book writer James Tynion IV and artist Freddie Williams II, the famous half-shelled katana-twirling pizza lovers head to Gotham City. But their arrival doesn’t initially merit a warm welcome from the rumored “supernatural Bat creature” in town known as Batman.

The feature-length film, from director Jake Castorena and screenwriter Marly Halpern-Graser, sees the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles tracking Shredder to Gotham City, where the villain teams up with Ra’s al Ghul and other members of the Dark Knight’s rogues’ gallery to enact a mysterious plot. Just like another “V” movie between two superheroes, these sets of good guys may throw a few punches at each other before realizing there’s a far more real enemy lurking in the shadows.

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
That looks really good! I'm glad that they are going for a more kid friendly bat costume, and the slightly older Batgirl costume.

Oct 25, 2017
Are they gonna do the "fight at first and then battle a common enemy, and at the end say sappy goodbyes to each other" thing

Oct 25, 2017
Eh. The juxtoposition would’ve been greater and funnier with DCAU Batman meeting the Fred Wolf Turtles. But whatever

This seems wrong. What's next, Star Wars and Star Trek going to team up?
Last month I learned that Transformers G1 crossed over with Star Trek the Animated Series

So... maybe?

Oct 25, 2017
Why do these always have to be framed as a VS situation? I know they're going to fight a bit like they always do, but that' snot what the movie is going to be about. The US should start using the "X/Cross" thing more (eg "Batman X TMNT").

Oct 25, 2017
Seriously, why are so many trailers released these days downmixed to mono audio? I've noticed it more and more these past couple of months and it's bothering the hell out of me.

Oct 27, 2017
It's strange, but I didn't like the art style in first seconds but after watching the whole trailer, I liked it! Still prefer old style though (Batman: The Animated Series and TMNT 1987 or 2003).

Oct 25, 2017
Wasnt thrilled with the art style choice when I saw the still image, but I am totally on board after watching the trailer. Not the biggest fan of the blue Batman, but it works well enough with the look of the show.

Oct 25, 2017
What's weird is that parts of this almost feel like a stylistic successor to the old 00s The Batman series - particularly Penguin's design. Which would... Actually kinda make sense, given the martial prowess of that incarnation vs others, as well as its more open embrace of the camp. Easier fit for the TMNT.

OP
OP
Penguin

Penguin

The Mushroom Kingdom Knight
Oct 25, 2017
New York
What's weird is that parts of this almost feel like a stylistic successor to the old 00s The Batman series - particularly Penguin's design. Which would... Actually kinda make sense, given the martial prowess of that incarnation vs others, as well as its more open embrace of the camp. Easier fit for the TMNT.
I feel it most resembles the Batman Unlimited series and feel similar voice cast