• Introducing Image Options for ResetEra 2.0! Check the left side navigation bar to show or hide images, avatars, covers, and embedded media. More details at the link.
  • Community Spotlight sign-ups are open once again for both Gaming and EtcetEra Hangout threads! If you want to shine a spotlight on your community, please register now.

Batman vs. TMNT Animated Movie Trailer

Oct 25, 2017
Why do these always have to be framed as a VS situation? I know they're going to fight a bit like they always do, but that' snot what the movie is going to be about. The US should start using the "X/Cross" thing more (eg "Batman X TMNT").
"VS" is going to sell more/get more people excited, especially to those who love "Could X beat Y" discussions, even if they always end up teaming up by the end of the films.

OP
OP
Penguin

Penguin

The Mushroom Kingdom Knight
Oct 25, 2017
New York
I have said this before, but I hope they adapt the sequel comic, since that one was on the Batman Animated style and continuity. That comic was fun.
Well you mean the other series

Because there's 2 sequels to this series which is in the same style.

But they did the Batman/TMNT Adventures which is closer to the animated style of both

Oct 25, 2017
It's so strange to see Warner and Viacom work on a project together since the former makes shows for Cartoon Network. Guess it shouldn't be too surprising. They had a show on Disney XD a while back, Right now kapow or something.

Looks really cool though!

Dec 31, 2018
Damn DC is having to make partnerships to compete with Marvel.
Fuck Marvel. DC has been doing this for decades.
Though I will not bring up the glory that was : X-Men vs Star Trek because only DC does crossovers apparently due to their desperation and forgetting the fact that DC animated releases have shit all over Marvel animation.

Oct 28, 2017
Watched it earlier this morning. I enjoyed it.

Had some fun references and the animation looked fine in motion.

Really hoping it does well for a sequel. It has a post credits scene as you’d expect haha.

Oct 25, 2017
Yo this looks way better in motion.
Batman's off design actually looks good in the movie, so many shots look like Neal Adams Batman perfectly.

Edit: finished it, that was excellent.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Penguin

Penguin

The Mushroom Kingdom Knight
Oct 25, 2017
New York
Really fun movie.

Some cool setpieces. A nice marriage of the two universes tones/styles.

I didn't look, but it seems to be the Batman Unlimited designers/team.

Oct 25, 2017
France
It was quite fun!
And I'm not saying this in a bad way but those end credits were my favorite thing.
I wish I had some of those fake covers as posters, just beautiful.

The artstyle worked really well for what they were going for. The first half of the film looked a bit cheap but was very funny, good interactions between the Bat family and the TMNT. They kinda lost me during the Arkham scene which I thought was a bit lame but the movie recovered after that. Animation-wise, the final scenes looked really good compared to other recent DC animated films.

Some great gags in there and that goes without saying but you could tell that this was made by a bunch of fans, the amount of references was staggering.

I'd say I enjoyed it more than the comic despite the obvious visual downgrade.
Also, congrats to Troy Baker for playing both Batman and the Joker lol.
I didn't look, but it seems to be the Batman Unlimited designers/team.
Yeah the thought occurred to me. It looked very similar.