• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Wingfan19

Layout Designer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Bothell WA
My friend and I both disliked this movie a lot. And that is something I never thought we'd say in a million years. We're both huge Batman and TMNT fans so this should've been right up our alley. The movie started off pretty great and following the comic, but then it just veers off into stupid ass saturday morning cartoon territory with brutal violence and blood. We both looked at each other near the end in disbelief at how absurd and dumb everything got. The comic was soooo much better and it's a shame they didn't stick to it. I mean, pick a lane here. Are you PG-13 adult or 90's saturday morning cartoon trope? All the nods to the old shows and movies were awesome, but maaaaan that ending. Shit just kept going and going and going. There was far too many fight scenes and not enough actual story and dialog between the characters to get any semblance of anything beyond superficial story telling. All the villains turning into the shitty mid 90's TMNT figures that never appeared in a show was the final straw. I guess I was expecting the comic run in movie form and it veered totally off from that.

EDIT - Ok wtf, I just flipped through the comic again and I honestly don't remember half of what I was seeing. They do mutate the villains into weird animal versions, but it happens in like one page and is over pretty quickly so I guess I just forgot about it. Also, no Casey Jones in the movie, boo. I do wish they kept the fact they traveled to another dimension though. I thought that was super cool for the Turtles to recognize how Gotham was in a giant empty field on their Earth to make up for the fact it's a fictional city.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Penguin

Penguin

The Mushroom Kingdom Knight
Oct 25, 2017
New York
I rewatched the movie tonight, and it shot up as one of my favorite animated DC projects.

The humor was on point.
The music was top-notch.
The action was ace, though still not keen on Batman solo-ing the Turtles though try to handwave that away.
Animation looked really nice.