• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Penguin

The Mushroom Kingdom Knight
Oct 25, 2017
New York
https://ew.com/trailers/2019/03/12/batman-vs-teenage-mutant-ninja-turtles-trailer/

In EW's exclusive first trailer for Batman vs. Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, inspired by the story arc from comic book writer James Tynion IV and artist Freddie Williams II, the famous half-shelled katana-twirling pizza lovers head to Gotham City. But their arrival doesn't initially merit a warm welcome from the rumored "supernatural Bat creature" in town known as Batman.

The feature-length film, from director Jake Castorena and screenwriter Marly Halpern-Graser, sees the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles tracking Shredder to Gotham City, where the villain teams up with Ra's al Ghul and other members of the Dark Knight's rogues' gallery to enact a mysterious plot. Just like another "V" movie between two superheroes, these sets of good guys may throw a few punches at each other before realizing there's a far more real enemy lurking in the shadows.

Last edited:

Deleted member 8001

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
What on earth!? Did not expect this.

Wow it looks kinda like the 2003 turtles too! Fuckin' sweet!

LewieP

Oct 26, 2017
I just hope it doesn't turn out that all the Turtles had mothers called "Martha".

BarrBarr

Oct 25, 2017
That looks really good! I'm glad that they are going for a more kid friendly bat costume, and the slightly older Batgirl costume.

chezzymann

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Are they gonna do the "fight at first and then battle a common enemy, and at the end say sappy goodbyes to each other" thing

ThLunarian

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Does this mean that Daredevil and the Power Rangers share a universe with Batman too

Rapscallion

Oct 25, 2017
Didn't do much for me. Something about the trailer is so lifeless, especially how the Turtles are being presented.

Sephzilla

Herald of Stoptimus Crime
Oct 25, 2017
I'm gonna be honest. Batman vs Shredder is a throw down I didn't realize I wanted.

KtotheRoc

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
This is an adaptation of the crossover comic, right? Hopefully they just go full on comic book with this one.

Rapscallion

Oct 25, 2017
Shredder and Ra's Al Ghul teaming up make a lot sense, but then they immediately just show the joker and I lost interest.

NotLiquid

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
2SvqukB.jpg

Setsune

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Looks legitimately decent, at least compared to some of the recent DC movies.

I KILL PXLS

Oct 25, 2017
Why do these always have to be framed as a VS situation? I know they're going to fight a bit like they always do, but that' snot what the movie is going to be about. The US should start using the "X/Cross" thing more (eg "Batman X TMNT").

lazygecko

Oct 25, 2017
Seriously, why are so many trailers released these days downmixed to mono audio? I've noticed it more and more these past couple of months and it's bothering the hell out of me.

Rob

Oct 25, 2017
SATX
I thought it looked good. Still a bit iffy on a few of the Turtle designs, but I'll probably get this on day 1.

Shopolic

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
It's strange, but I didn't like the art style in first seconds but after watching the whole trailer, I liked it! Still prefer old style though (Batman: The Animated Series and TMNT 1987 or 2003).

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
Wasnt thrilled with the art style choice when I saw the still image, but I am totally on board after watching the trailer. Not the biggest fan of the blue Batman, but it works well enough with the look of the show.

JonnyDBrit

God and Anime
Oct 25, 2017
What's weird is that parts of this almost feel like a stylistic successor to the old 00s The Batman series - particularly Penguin's design. Which would... Actually kinda make sense, given the martial prowess of that incarnation vs others, as well as its more open embrace of the camp. Easier fit for the TMNT.

OP
OP
Penguin

Penguin

The Mushroom Kingdom Knight
Oct 25, 2017
New York
What's weird is that parts of this almost feel like a stylistic successor to the old 00s The Batman series - particularly Penguin's design. Which would... Actually kinda make sense, given the martial prowess of that incarnation vs others, as well as its more open embrace of the camp. Easier fit for the TMNT.

I feel it most resembles the Batman Unlimited series and feel similar voice cast