• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Kreed

The Negro Historian
Oct 25, 2017
Why do these always have to be framed as a VS situation? I know they're going to fight a bit like they always do, but that' snot what the movie is going to be about. The US should start using the "X/Cross" thing more (eg "Batman X TMNT").

"VS" is going to sell more/get more people excited, especially to those who love "Could X beat Y" discussions, even if they always end up teaming up by the end of the films.

modoversus

Oct 25, 2017
México
I have said this before, but I hope they adapt the sequel comic, since that one was on the Batman Animated style and continuity. That comic was fun.

OP
OP
Penguin

Penguin

The Mushroom Kingdom Knight
Oct 25, 2017
New York
I have said this before, but I hope they adapt the sequel comic, since that one was on the Batman Animated style and continuity. That comic was fun.

Well you mean the other series

Because there's 2 sequels to this series which is in the same style.

But they did the Batman/TMNT Adventures which is closer to the animated style of both

xGeneral Ice

Nov 1, 2017
This could be the shittiest movie ever, and I'll still stan it to my death because it has two of my favorite things

OP
OP
Penguin

Penguin

Oct 25, 2017
New York
Release date is May 14th for digital

June 4th for physical
D2_sHhgUgAIRLUM.jpg

The Last Laugh

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Dec 31, 2018
The comic crossovers have been so good, I can not wait for this

HibbySloth

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
It's so strange to see Warner and Viacom work on a project together since the former makes shows for Cartoon Network. Guess it shouldn't be too surprising. They had a show on Disney XD a while back, Right now kapow or something.

Looks really cool though!

The Last Laugh

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Dec 31, 2018
Damn DC is having to make partnerships to compete with Marvel.
Fuck Marvel. DC has been doing this for decades.
Though I will not bring up the glory that was : X-Men vs Star Trek because only DC does crossovers apparently due to their desperation and forgetting the fact that DC animated releases have shit all over Marvel animation.

mutantmagnet

Oct 28, 2017
I'll watch this but I'm already disappointed.

This mash up is a good idea but I'm not feeling the execution so far.

SkyMasterson

Oct 28, 2017
Watched it earlier this morning. I enjoyed it.

Had some fun references and the animation looked fine in motion.

Really hoping it does well for a sequel. It has a post credits scene as you'd expect haha.

Kabuki Waq

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
man this was a lot of fun. some dark bits and good fight scenes. humour was on point for most part too

Oct 25, 2017
Yo this looks way better in motion.
Batman's off design actually looks good in the movie, so many shots look like Neal Adams Batman perfectly.

Edit: finished it, that was excellent.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Penguin

Penguin

Oct 25, 2017
New York
Really fun movie.

Some cool setpieces. A nice marriage of the two universes tones/styles.

I didn't look, but it seems to be the Batman Unlimited designers/team.

Amilliou

Nov 12, 2017
This movie was previewed at wondercon this year,
Got to see the whole feature, I really enjoyed it...
However the Batman vs. Shredder fight... friggin top notch!

Sgt. Demblant

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
France
It was quite fun!
And I'm not saying this in a bad way but those end credits were my favorite thing.
I wish I had some of those fake covers as posters, just beautiful.

The artstyle worked really well for what they were going for. The first half of the film looked a bit cheap but was very funny, good interactions between the Bat family and the TMNT. They kinda lost me during the Arkham scene which I thought was a bit lame but the movie recovered after that. Animation-wise, the final scenes looked really good compared to other recent DC animated films.

Some great gags in there and that goes without saying but you could tell that this was made by a bunch of fans, the amount of references was staggering.

I'd say I enjoyed it more than the comic despite the obvious visual downgrade.
Also, congrats to Troy Baker for playing both Batman and the Joker lol.
I didn't look, but it seems to be the Batman Unlimited designers/team.
Yeah the thought occurred to me. It looked very similar.

Kangi

Profile Styler
Oct 25, 2017
What is with all the blimps, anyway?

Fun movie. A little more brutal than I was expecting from something with the Nickelodeon name attached to it. Great Batman design, best Batgirl design, and I enjoyed the more lighthearted portrayal of Damian. Continue to not be the biggest fan of Baker's Batman but his Joker's on-point.