• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Ninja_Hawk

Oct 27, 2017
Anybody watching? If not, hit me up. Danny/Twork got cancelled.

Saga/EK right now. EK 2-1 against a pretty good Saga. Geechi is KILLING Tech! Tech got 30'd...straight like that!

Mike P/B Dot is a GREAT BATTLE! Like seriously, crazy substance from both sides. A very slight edge to Mike in the 2nd and 3rd. Dot might be have had a bit TOO much substance in his 3rd. I gotta watch that again though...one of the best battles i've seen this year for sure. Crazy debatable!

Rum 2-1 or 3-0 in an ok battle. Brizz is such a good rapper...he really needs to work on his pen.

Last edited:

SageShinigami

Oct 27, 2017
lol, that man Loso is a problem. I don't think he's undefeated but he walks away with a W way more often than not.

Ninja_Hawk

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah, I had him losing to B Dot. But he has been on a run lately.

Also, Tech 9 is getting BODIED on social media after his loss to Geechi. These memes are hilarious.

SageShinigami

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah, I had him losing to B Dot. But he has been on a run lately.

Also, Tech 9 is getting BODIED on social media after his loss to Geechi. These memes are hilarious.

lol. That was a close battle and I hate B Dot so I gave him the edge in all three rounds.

And, supposed to. He was talking all that noise, now he gotta reap the rewards.

Ninja_Hawk

Oct 27, 2017
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UmdVdLpGEK8

YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

YYYYYOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

....clearly i'm excited. Card of the century!

Last edited:
OP
OP
enzo_gt

enzo_gt

Oct 25, 2017
Summer Madness 7 is fucking INSANE.

IT FEELS LIKE SUMMER MADNESS AGAIN

I can't believe it's a VIP event either. Jesus christ, are PPV sales THAT good?!

I always figured everyone just bootlegged the shit.

Last edited:

EchosMyron

Jun 29, 2018
Oof. These mic issues on Pass vs YK are a real disappointment.

I got YK taking the first with the 2nd and 3rd being debatable but hopefully they can do something to clean up the YT release because this is low-key vault worthy.

SageShinigami

Oct 27, 2017
LOL these long ass trailers.

Suge vs. Geechi: Fuck Suge. He got a handful of lines but I've never been a fan. Geechi's a monster, hope it's a solid 2-1.
Ill Will vs. O-Red: Red fuck around and kill Will. If he doesn't this should be a classic.
Ave vs. Math Hoffa: Lol who cares. Ave a thief, Math just aight. Ave 2-1 I guess.
DNA vs. Twork: Let's GO. If DNA can't make a round off that foolishness Twork had in the video he deserves to get 30'd lol. Twork 2-1.
Tsu Surf vs. Iron Solomon: ....I hate Surf lmao so I'm going for Iron, but I feel like Surf oughta get one round clean and make it debatable. Iron 2-1.
Reed Dollaz vs. T-Rex: They gone have to make me care lol. I dunno who wins, so let's just say...Reed 3-0 lmao.
Hitman Holla vs. Tay Roc: Oh, yeah sure I guess. I'm not a Roc fan either so I'll be rooting or Hitman. This has the potential to be the most hype match on the card for everyone else. I'm betting on some shenanigans tho, so I'm gone say 1-1 draw with foolishness to negate one round.

OP
OP
enzo_gt

enzo_gt

Oct 25, 2017
I got:

Suge 2-1 - Betting against Suge is one thing you can't do after he's spent the past few years overcoming every challenge thrown at him from battlers that are supposed to clearly wash him.
O-Red 2-1 - Ill Will is the more interesting battle rapper but he just can't come with 3 stellar rounds at once and O-Red does even though I don't like his style as much.
Ave 3-0 - Easily. Math is just okay now. This is probably the weirdest match up on here.
Twork 2-1 - DNA is the PG killer but I'm not sure it'll be enough to stop Twork's momentum. DNA is also more inconsistent.
Iron Solomon 3-0 - Surf doesn't want that smoke, and Iron wants it all. Surf's also a choke artist and has been so in so many marquee matchups that he has zero good will from me. This one is going to be clear but Surf stans will argue otherwise when he has one good round.
T-Rex 2-1 - If there's any battle that will motivate Rex, this is it. And Rex at 80% is better than Reed at 100%. This is probably going to go the way or Rex vs. Cortez TBH.
Hitman 2-1 - No way this isn't a classic, but people done forgot Hitman is the most consistent top tier battle rapper out and Smack's original gunner. Hitman doesn't come to play, and isn't just good, he's memorable.

Ninja_Hawk

Oct 27, 2017
Oof. These mic issues on Pass vs YK are a real disappointment.

I got YK taking the first with the 2nd and 3rd being debatable but hopefully they can do something to clean up the YT release because this is low-key vault worthy.
Avo said they'll be fixed when they drop, they were pretty bad. I think I had Pass 2-1 though.

OP
OP
enzo_gt

enzo_gt

Oct 25, 2017
URL: Ty Law vs. Fettucine20.

Ty is my guy but this ain't it. Exhausting battle all around, even though they both had moments. I feel Ty's set ups got worse and worse as time went on.

And yeah, Bigg K vs. T-Top isn't even worth watching. Can't believe Bigg K threw that battle. Ridiculous.

Ninja_Hawk

Oct 27, 2017
Until Ty starts switching up his flow and adding more elements to his material, he is going to be in this spot forever. I think a lot of his material is great. Crowds hate his style. He just does the same thing, over and over again, at the same level. He's like Gwitty. I was actually a tad impressed by Fetti. First round was fire.

OP
OP
enzo_gt

enzo_gt

Oct 25, 2017
URL: Big Kannon vs. Holmzie Da God.

Supposed to be the best battle from Survivor Series 2. I think Kannon just did a *bit* better every round, maybe give Holmzie the 3rd. It's a decent battle with some crazy lines peppered through.

Ninja_Hawk

Oct 27, 2017
We got Geechi. Holmzie is cool, his third was pretty solid, but we got Geechi sooo...unless he can start showing a little more, I just don't see it.

Big Kannon was good. Very good st some points, just ok at others. This is a 30. Hopefully, Holmzie learns from this.

OP
OP
enzo_gt

enzo_gt

Oct 25, 2017
URL: John John Da Don vs. Rum Nitty.

Sucks about Rum in the first but I think the 2nd and 3rd are closer upon second watch. I think I overall edge it to JJDD, and the choke might have just made the difference.

Looks Surf has been replaced with JC vs. Iron Solomon for SM7. Yeah, okay I'm here for this. I think I'm over Surf so here I'm here for this bar fest. Trailer is so slap dash that I just had to spoil it lol

SupaNova: Chilla Jones vs. Ty Law.

Law just not putting it all together. I'm sad, he had so much potential and definitely used to be one of my favourites, and it seems like he's regressed ever since the classic he had with B Magic, where he was the most well rounded. He's not even rhyming half of the time, I hate that shit in battle rappers, all the We Go Hard guys are like that. Chilla in the 1st, Law in the 2nd, Chilla in the 3rd.

Ninja_Hawk

Oct 27, 2017
I wanted to see Surf get bodied, but i'll with JC getting mopped up. Should be a great battle. JC isn't fucking with Iron's pen and complete tool set.

Ty Law got beat up in two recently released battles. Yikes!

Nitty's 3rd was fire. I gave him the 2nd and 3rd. I felt like John John took Iron's playbook but was less impactful.

Xcel VS. Madflex
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R21Lz8rEr-U

Really dope back and forth. I think I have Xcel 2-1, but Madflex was fire!

Last edited:
OP
OP
enzo_gt

enzo_gt

Oct 25, 2017
y'all see Bullpen on Who is America?

Lmao the fuck is this

Have no idea if JJDD was in on it or not

SageShinigami

Oct 27, 2017
I got:

Suge 2-1 - Betting against Suge is one thing you can't do after he's spent the past few years overcoming every challenge thrown at him from battlers that are supposed to clearly wash him.
O-Red 2-1 - Ill Will is the more interesting battle rapper but he just can't come with 3 stellar rounds at once and O-Red does even though I don't like his style as much.
Ave 3-0 - Easily. Math is just okay now. This is probably the weirdest match up on here.
Twork 2-1 - DNA is the PG killer but I'm not sure it'll be enough to stop Twork's momentum. DNA is also more inconsistent.
Iron Solomon 3-0 - Surf doesn't want that smoke, and Iron wants it all. Surf's also a choke artist and has been so in so many marquee matchups that he has zero good will from me. This one is going to be clear but Surf stans will argue otherwise when he has one good round.
T-Rex 2-1 - If there's any battle that will motivate Rex, this is it. And Rex at 80% is better than Reed at 100%. This is probably going to go the way or Rex vs. Cortez TBH.
Hitman 2-1 - No way this isn't a classic, but people done forgot Hitman is the most consistent top tier battle rapper out and Smack's original gunner. Hitman doesn't come to play, and isn't just good, he's memorable.

Am I tripping, or hasn't Hitman been bringing mediocre rounds lately? Like, two solid ones and one's always kinda aight?

OP
OP
enzo_gt

enzo_gt

Oct 25, 2017
URL: Mike P vs. Young Kannon.

Fantastic battle. The Smack VOL battles are like higher quality versions of KOTD battles with the shorter lengths and smaller rooms. Man, Mike P is so consistently good and actually thinks about his angles. I don't know how so many have Kannon 3-0. 1st debatable but I edge Mike P, Kannon clear in the 2nd, Mike P clearly in the 3rd.

Am I tripping, or hasn't Hitman been bringing mediocre rounds lately? Like, two solid ones and one's always kinda aight?
Two solid and one alright is mediocre? Lol I think that's about accurate though. Thing with Hitman is that he always brings one super crazy incredibly memorable round that even when his other rounds are good, they just pale in comparison.

Ninja_Hawk

Oct 27, 2017
Mike P 2-1 The first and third were fire! His writing is really good. Pops outside the kid house, same feeling as being on the beach...whew and he was TALKING in the 3rd. A little something called substance.

OP
OP
enzo_gt

enzo_gt

Oct 25, 2017
URL: Franchise vs. Prep.

Prep had his moments but.. Franchise clear 3-0, maybe even a body. Franchise is a problem TBH. I could see Geechi vs. Franchise being good. Enjoyable battle overall.

OP
OP
enzo_gt

enzo_gt

Oct 25, 2017
Aye Verb VS. Nu Jerzey Twork
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=45zwu0-u9n8

Verb 2-1. Twork with the CRAZY 3rd. Verb was rapping his ass off!
Yeah my mind hasn't changed on this. Verb in the first two clear but man, Twork stole the show with that third, one of the best, complete rounds in recent years. EVERYTHING hit hard.

Legendary battle rap moment at the end that will be in compilations for years to come. That's one of those career-cementing moments.

Ninja_Hawk

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah my mind hasn't changed on this. Verb in the first two clear but man, Twork stole the show with that third, one of the best, complete rounds in recent years. EVERYTHING hit hard.

Legendary battle rap moment at the end that will be in compilations for years to come. That's one of those career-cementing moments.
I love the "its not enough for Mook" posts, and we haven't seen Mook battle in front of a crowd in years.

Daylyt VS. Loso
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68wRNo7Vg4o

OP
OP
enzo_gt

enzo_gt

Oct 25, 2017
I love the "its not enough for Mook" posts, and we haven't seen Mook battle in front of a crowd in years.

Daylyt VS. Loso
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68wRNo7Vg4o
He was average at best in that battle too.. I've seen mediocre PGs better than Mook vs. Lux Pt.2. SO many cheesy bars but people defend that performance crazy. Only bar I liked from Mook that whole battle:

We both got different Panthers, but difference is, mine ain't brining no Glocks
It's heavy artillery, Winchesters with the boat locks

The bar isn't even that good, just the boat locks bit was a memorable visual lol

EDIT: URL: Tech 9 vs. Jimz.

Isn't the greatest battle, isn't horrible either, but it's worth a watch IMO.

Last edited:

SageShinigami

Oct 27, 2017
Man I can't lie I can't stand Mook lmao. If you not willing to hop in the ring you gotta be quiet, but this man ALWAYS talking. Verb gotta 30 this man, or get a clean 2-1 or I can't take him serious no more. He been after Mook for years, you can't get him and then botch it up.

Ninja_Hawk

Oct 27, 2017
I dig the aggression and narrative in the Jimz/Tech battle, but so much of the material just falls flat for me. I barely got through it.

ANYWAYS...SUMMER MADNESS IS TOMORROW!!! I assume face-offs will be tonight. Final predictions gentlemen?

OP
OP
enzo_gt

enzo_gt

Oct 25, 2017
Won't be able to watch but (also not much different from earlier predictions):

Suge 2-1: Suge just manages to win somehow every time, probably hardest dude to bet against no matter what you think his baseline skill is.

Ill Will 2-1: I like Ill Will more, but he usually slacks in one round, and O-Red doesn't. Could go either way (had it O-Red 2-1 before).

Ave 2-1: This is a weird match-up, I don't like it. Really comes down to who brings it, but I'll just go with Ave since I think he'll just have more to say about Math than vice versa. I said a body before but I stay forgetting all the good performances Math has had like against Chilla, etc. Either way, I don't care much for this battle. Seems like nobody wants to take Ave and they're just throwing him people who are desperate now.

Twork 2-1: I think if anyone is going to stop the PG killer, it'll be Twork. I can see this going the other way though. Just unimpressed with DNA lately, even though he should win this battle.

Iron Solomon 2-1: Iron is on a tear, and it's been a minute since we've seen JC like that. JC better be at his goddamn best for this.

T-Rex 3-0 bodybag: Modern Reed sucks. I don't know why I gave Reed a round in my earlier predictions.

Hitman Holla 2-1: Holla has the experience and regularly has more memorable moments. This can go either way, though.

Ninja_Hawk

Oct 27, 2017
Geechi 2-1: Geechi has been on fire this year. His progress has been pretty great to watch. I stay underestimating Suge (though he was pretty fire against Twork) and this is no different, but I don't see what Suge can do to out match Geechi. I think Suge is gonna get real nigga'd to death.

O Red 2-1: I still don't know what happened in that DNA battle, but aside from that O Red has been showing what a top-tier is capable of. Will's pen has improved in his last few battles, but I don't know if that and his rebuttals are enough for Red.

Math 2-1: Math's battles with Ill WIll and Real Deal were really solid. The performance, the bars, the consistency; he has shown some depth that I think will be difficult for Ave to match with just punches.

Twork 3-0: Everyone is counting DNA out and so am I. AS LONG AS TWORK DOESN'T CHOKE...DNA can't match Twork's bars and level of performance.

Iron 3-0: I have him edging every round. JC doesn't do well against opponents with a diverse skillset AND Iron has a better pen. JC is literally JUST a pen. Unless he can effectively execute angles throughout his rounds...Solomon is gonna show the difference just like with Chilla and Nitty.

Fans 0-3: I'll be shocked if Rex/Reed turns out to be an entertaining battle from either side. A few years ago this may have been fire....on a big battlerap stage in 2018....this will be the disappointment of the night.

Roc 2-1: Hitman is good for one strong round and two ok ones. His last couple battles were wins, but his opponents really didn't showout (pun not intended). Roc is too consistent. This will probably be really debatable....i'm leaning towards Roc having bigger moments though.

Ninja_Hawk

Oct 27, 2017
^ Facts. Tech rides a fine line between annoying and hilarious.

Its funny seeing Tech next to the man who straight up BAGGED HIM.

OP
OP
enzo_gt

enzo_gt

Oct 25, 2017
I fw Hitman's confidence. He knows his resume speaks for itself, he's 100% right, every time he gets someone, it's at the perfect time, they're at their best, he survives or wins.

Not the greatest faceoffs, but everyone seems energized and hungry to get that money. Generally good, honest, level-headed conversations.

Hitman talking about Champion of the Night "QP got one man *facepalm*" LOL

Roc: "You know what would make me mad though? If JC win that pot. He just got on the card though!" lmao facts. Roc vs. JC is one of my favourite battles on all of URL to this day, still IMO Roc's best performance.

Last edited:

Ninja_Hawk

Oct 27, 2017
Roc is too laid back. Since his hollow battle I feel.

Will is hilarious. Let that man shit!

Ave was sleep til Math woke him up with the stealing angle. Finally he opened up! Lets go!

Last edited:

Ninja_Hawk

Oct 27, 2017
Geechi clear 2-1 so far. Suge choked.

O Red had a good first. Ill Will had a meh first and a good second. O Red lost his voice in the second...stopped the momentum of the whole battle...currently a clusterfuck of a battle... Will 2-1 by default. Red made it through his 3rd...bars were solid, but it was awful to listen to.

DNA 2-1 I guess.. Twork choked.

Ave killed Math. Math choked all over the place. 2-1 or 3-0.

Iron-JC is really debatable perhaps a tad underwhelming. JC came hard with the "you're white...and jewish" angle. I got Iron 2-1...I really hated the crowd. Not as good as it should've been....eh

Reed won...I think the battle kinda sucked and I wasn't really paying attention. But that is what I gathered.

Roc 2-1 I guess. Debatable. Ok battle.

Event kiiiinda sucked. Lots of chokes, crowd was ass....just not good.

Last edited:
OP
OP
enzo_gt

enzo_gt

Oct 25, 2017
Watching bootlegs I can find:

Reed was super hype and I thought he slaughtered Rex. I enjoyed that battle quite a bit TBH.

Hitman clear in 1st, Roc did a little bit more in the 2nd, Debatable 3rd (didn't see all of it). Hitman freestyling now is the most ridiculous attribute for a legend to add late in their career. Overall, I agree, didn't live up to the hype but I gotta see in it better quality.

From the sound of things, the rest of the card does seem kind of like a let down. The choking is unacceptable at Summer Madness, especially if Floyd was really in the building. IDK if this is even Smack's fault, just seems like everyone didn't come with it and it probably ended up being the worst SM.

Ninja_Hawk

Oct 27, 2017
Watching bootlegs I can find:

Reed was super hype and I thought he slaughtered Rex. I enjoyed that battle quite a bit TBH.

Hitman clear in 1st, Roc did a little bit more in the 2nd, Debatable 3rd (didn't see all of it). Hitman freestyling now is the most ridiculous attribute for a legend to add late in their career. Overall, I agree, didn't live up to the hype but I gotta see in it better quality.

From the sound of things, the rest of the card does seem kind of like a let down. The choking is unacceptable at Summer Madness, especially if Floyd was really in the building. IDK if this is even Smack's fault, just seems like everyone didn't come with it and it probably ended up being the worst SM.
Smack said he was ok with Surf choking. At some point someone is going to have to put their foot down and hold these guys accountable. I'll never feel comfortable spending $50 on a url ppv event. You want people to support the culture, ensure they are getting what they pay for.

OP
OP
enzo_gt

enzo_gt

Oct 25, 2017
Smack said he was ok with Surf choking. At some point someone is going to have to put their foot down and hold these guys accountable. I'll never feel comfortable spending $50 on a url ppv event. You want people to support the culture, ensure they are getting what they pay for.
What fucks me up is that they had a $6000 incentive to do well this time, with Champion of the Night. The night with the biggest bonus pot had the most chokes yet. It's embarassing. I honestly want Smack to take a risk on a big venue with maybe only one big name. The only thing keeping half of these vets around is the need to sell tickets based on how well they're known, and TBH they're well known for being underwhelming now.

EDIT: Geechi's first round is INSANE. Dude has levelled up so much since he started out, getting T-Top vibes with this run he's on. Suge got obliterated, every round, crowd knew it, and he ended Suge's run. I think Geechi's pressure made Suge choke, which is even worse.

Last edited:

SageShinigami

Oct 27, 2017
How you get a opportunity to make six thousand extra and throw it away. I hope RBE event is incredible--KOTD might be slipping but URL still need competition.

OP
OP
enzo_gt

enzo_gt

Oct 25, 2017
Smack is pissed.

Saying he's going to dock pay for choking because he can't keep taking these hits. I agree, the insurance that battle rappers currently have is way too much and they've been manipulating it for a long time. Like Smack says, gotta hit 'em where it hurts. Either stop booking them and make them them sit out (like how long Math sat out, not how long Chess sat out), or dock pay for chokes/flights missed/other bullshit. You would in any other job, so they should do it here.

Apparently Floyd was there to throw up racks Diddy style but nothing got that hot for him. TBH I though Geechi killed it from what I watched.

EDIT: Damn, he's so pissed that they uploaded that whole thing to the official channel too lmao I await #BarsOverNames part 2

Last edited:

Ninja_Hawk

Oct 27, 2017
Smack is pissed.

Saying he's going to dock pay for choking because he can't keep taking these hits. I agree, the insurance that battle rappers currently have is way too much and they've been manipulating it for a long time. Like Smack says, gotta hit 'em where it hurts. Either stop booking them and make them them sit out (like how long Math sat out, not how long Chess sat out), or dock pay for chokes/flights missed/other bullshit. You would in any other job, so they should do it here.

Apparently Floyd was there to throw up racks Diddy style but nothing got that hot for him. TBH I though Geechi killed it from what I watched.

EDIT: Damn, he's so pissed that they uploaded that whole thing to the official channel too lmao I await #BarsOverNames part 2
Yeah...YEAH! Good thing we get another SM next month...lets see....I bet Twork's on the card.... >_> <_<