• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

EchosMyron

Jun 29, 2018
I'm tryna hustle down a link but all my usual tactics are coming up short.

The first battle has started tho, Ryda & Glu. Bottom of the 1st rn.

Ninja_Hawk

Oct 27, 2017
I'm tryna hustle down a link but all my usual tactics are coming up short.

The first battle has started tho, Ryda & Glu. Bottom of the 1st rn.

Ok so the battles have started then....I guess its just quiet then...I mean, its not SM or Nome...smaller events usually are harder to find.

I might just wait on the bootlegs, I know they'll be up shortly afterwards.

Ninja_Hawk

Oct 27, 2017
^Honestly I feel this way about all his third rounds. I think he got his point across though. Good battle, I still have him winning.

EchosMyron

Jun 29, 2018
fire alarm goes off during shine vs ave. energy for the 3rd was very diminished.

K Shine got the battle on first watch. The crowd was sleeping on ave tho so I've gatta peep it again.

Ninja_Hawk

Oct 27, 2017
^ I got it debatable....this crowd is kinda ass. Definitely the feeling is that Shine won though. I was rocking with a lot of Ave's material that seemingly went unnoticed. Energy in the face-off didn't match the battle, disappointed in that.

SageShinigami

Oct 27, 2017
Oh shit I forgot The Strike was tonight. Man, battle rap might be the only thing more carny than wrestling lol.

Also: B Dot in a debatable battle against JC means I'm prolly gonna give it to JC all three rounds lmao. Can't stand that clown.

Ninja_Hawk

Oct 27, 2017
DNA was freakin wack this battle....again...crowd was gahbij...but DNA was suuuuper wack this battle. Danny clear.

OP
OP
enzo_gt

enzo_gt

Oct 25, 2017
Is it still going on? Did Ave vs. K-Shine happen yet? Link if not.

EDIT:

URL: Franchise vs. Mack Mel. Jesus Christ, Franchise went super saiyan on this guy in the first round, Mack Mel was good too, but his cheerleaders are insufferable. Decent battle, although the rest of it doesn't touch the first round.

Last edited:

Ninja_Hawk

Oct 27, 2017
Is it still going on? Did Ave vs. K-Shine happen yet? Link if not.

EDIT:

URL: Franchise vs. Mack Mel. Jesus Christ, Franchise went super saiyan on this guy in the first round, Mack Mel was good too, but his cheerleaders are insufferable. Decent battle, although the rest of it doesn't touch the first round.

I watched the whole thing...but the after first round, the battle got fairly repetitive. Both dudes need to show more versatility before they end up like Holmzie, with what Big Kannon did to him.

Danja Zone VS. R Streets
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pvHHQyCKhGE

Obviously this was a bag. R Streets is actually nice, but doesn't prepare very well and clearly wasn't ready for Danja's pen. This is how you fuck up a great opportunity. So long Streets.

Also, I don't think anyone posted it to talk about, but how did you guys feel about JC/Geechi? Great battle, but I thought Geechi barked on him heavy.

OP
OP
enzo_gt

enzo_gt

Oct 25, 2017
URL BANNED: Nu Jerzy Twork vs. Chess.

Just started watching now, but Chess choking up a storm in the first round already. He needs to go back to sitting out. I don't know how the hell it got this way for Chess but he really tarnished his legacy.

Also, I don't think anyone posted it to talk about, but how did you guys feel about JC/Geechi? Great battle, but I thought Geechi barked on him heavy.
Feel the same way. Great battle overall but man, Geechi is really on a tear this year. Battle of the year if I think about it off of the top of my head.

JC is great every battle but man, he really did get smoked by Twork, T-Top, and Geechi recently. He really fucked up his shot at Lux IMO.

Ninja_Hawk

Oct 27, 2017
URL BANNED: Nu Jerzy Twork vs. Chess.

Just started watching now, but Chess choking up a storm in the first round already. He needs to go back to sitting out. I don't know how the hell it got this way for Chess but he really tarnished his legacy.
I didn't think Chess did that bad, quite a few pauses and slip-ups but, he recovered and Twork had them too. That said, I gave it to Twork 1st and 3rd. But it was a very solid battle.

OP
OP
enzo_gt

enzo_gt

Oct 25, 2017
RBE: Iron Solomon vs. Bigg K.

Absolutely fire battle. Bigg K wasn't wack, and when he was rapping he had a lot of good stuff and better than usual (lately), but yeah, he barely rapped. Iron didn't was a single bar and his whole angle rebutted Bigg K's only substantial round he had, so Iron with a clear 3-0. Can't believe Bigg K is so consistently butthurt over URL when he went to SMACK and spit bullshit for 3 rounds vs. T-Top. Iron's 3rd said it all, really.

Ninja_Hawk

Oct 27, 2017
RBE: Iron Solomon vs. Bigg K.

Absolutely fire battle. Bigg K wasn't wack, and when he was rapping he had a lot of good stuff and better than usual (lately), but yeah, he barely rapped. Iron didn't was a single bar and his whole angle rebutted Bigg K's only substantial round he had, so Iron with a clear 3-0. Can't believe Bigg K is so consistently butthurt over URL when he went to SMACK and spit bullshit for 3 rounds vs. T-Top. Iron's 3rd said it all, really.
Yeah, this was a 30. K's 2nd was fire though and I think he was being honest about his mom. So I think he shed some light on his situation and it makes sense. Iron also rapped in rhythm the whole battle like Bigg K....which didn't work all the time because Iron's rapping isn't that great but his pen made up for it.

Also, Calicoe/Ill Will is super fire! Cal actually put the fuck on!

sbdesignworks

Nov 2, 2018
Sup everyone, I've just joined the forums so I though I'd say hello!

Big battle rap fan for a long time now..started watching from the Grindtime era...I watch all leagues pretty much but my favourites are the "Street" leagues (URL, RBE etc)

Current Favourite battlers (No particular order) : Tay Roc, Geechi Gotti, A-Ward, Rum Nitty.

Hoping to be an active member here!

Just out of curiosity, have you guys heard of Verbal Warzone? Stumbled across the league recently they do battles on a beat but they're actually pretty good to me! its direct feed audio so its like listening to a track.

Quite a few good battles on there that I've watched recently and i'm enjoying them. Makes a change from the main stage crowd gas and hour long battles haha!

Here's the Trez battle anyway...enjoy (Battle starts about 4mins in)

[VERBAL WAR ZONE] CHEF TREZ VS BANDANA BOOGIE

P.S. Are you guys hyped for SM8? I live in the UK and i'm like "ehhhhh" Dunno, don't know the full card so dont wanna commit as of yet...event is this weekend though!

Last edited:
OP
OP
enzo_gt

enzo_gt

Oct 25, 2017

Big battle rap fan for a long time now..started watching from the Grindtime era...I watch all leagues pretty much but my favourites are the "Street" leagues (URL, RBE etc)

Current Favourite battlers (No particular order) : Tay Roc, Geechi Gotti, A-Ward, Rum Nitty.

Just out of curiosity, have you guys heard of Verbal Warzone? Stumbled across the league recently they do battles on a beat but they're actually pretty good to me! its direct feed audio so its like listening to a track.

Quite a few good battles on there that I've watched recently and i'm enjoying them. Makes a change from the main stage crowd gas and hour long battles haha!

P.S. Are you guys hyped for SM8? I live in the UK and i'm like "ehhhhh" Dunno, don't know the full card so dont wanna commit as of yet...event is this weekend though!
Welcome to the thread bruh, this thread could always use more regulars. Ima check out this Verbal War Zone battle when I get a chance.

I think the SM8 card is pretty insane TBH. All the matchups are pretty contentious, make sense, and have some pretty big names. Definitely one of the best SMs mach-up wise, and it's also packed with many MCs who bring it every time; I think Twork vs. Arsonal is the only one that might end up a flop, but I don't think so. Hopefully the URL material lands well in the UK crowd and doesn't get too weird.

Who y'all got?

Hollow 2-1
Tay Roc 2-1
Nu Jerzy Twork 3-0
Iron Solomon 2-1
Soul 2-1
Rum Nitty 2-1 (Debatable)

Also, it's wild to see Soul on a URL stage PERIOD. They should've matched up UK MCs against Western ones instead of each other though, IMO.

EDIT: This Chef Trez vs. Bandana Boogie is kind of fire, and hard to call. They both went in. I think I'm leaning 2-1 to Chef Trez but that might be because I'm more familiar with him.

Last edited:

Ninja_Hawk

Oct 27, 2017

WELCOME!

Welcome to the thread bruh, this thread could always use more regulars. Ima check out this Verbal War Zone battle when I get a chance.

I think the SM8 card is pretty insane TBH. All the matchups are pretty contentious, make sense, and have some pretty big names. Definitely one of the best SMs mach-up wise, and it's also packed with many MCs who bring it every time; I think Twork vs. Arsonal is the only one that might end up a flop, but I don't think so. Hopefully the URL material lands well in the UK crowd and doesn't get too weird.

Who y'all got?

Hollow 2-1
Tay Roc 2-1
Nu Jerzy Twork 3-0
Iron Solomon 2-1
Soul 2-1

Also, it's wild to see Soul on a URL stage PERIOD. They should've matched up UK MCs against Western ones instead of each other though, IMO.

SOUL VS. GEMIN1....ON URL...WHAT!

sbdesignworks

Nov 2, 2018

Who y'all got?

Hollow 2-1
Tay Roc 2-1
Nu Jerzy Twork 3-0
Iron Solomon 2-1
Soul 2-1

EDIT: This Chef Trez vs. Bandana Boogie is kind of fire, and hard to call. They both went in. I think I'm leaning 2-1 to Chef Trez but that might be because I'm more familiar with him.

Woah, just saw the new announcements now! What I am hearing though is that Geechi / Nitty already happened and they are just showing the battle on the PPV and for the people live at the event! :(

Listen to how Beasley talks about the battle in the trailer etc "premiering the battle etc" Kinda makes sense as I'd be surprised if Geechi could travel given his stints in and outta jail...

Also theres talk JJDD is in Jail which means no JJDD Vs Hollow...Which I actually wanted to see... URL have been quiet about it so who knows...

My predictions anyway! (Hoping all battles go down smh...)

Hollow 2-1
Pat 2-1 (I think the jokes will go over pretty well)
Twork 2-1 or 3-0
Iron Solomon 2-1
Soul 2-1
Geechi 2-1 (Debatable classic if both are on their A game)

Ninja_Hawk

Oct 27, 2017
The Saga VS. Snake Eyes
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D-Zillo0Fvk

I didn't know what to expect out of this, but this battle is FIRE!!!! First off, these visuals are AMAZING!!! Saga's first....i'm not going to spoil the bar, you'll know it when you hear it....OMG!!!

Having finished it....Snake Eyes had a dope first and some solid material in his third...but he kinda got fucked up by Saga.

Last edited:
OP
OP
enzo_gt

enzo_gt

Oct 25, 2017
The Saga VS. Snake Eyes
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D-Zillo0Fvk

I didn't know what to expect out of this, but this battle is FIRE!!!! First off, these visuals are AMAZING!!! Saga's first....i'm not going to spoil the bar, you'll know it when you hear it....OMG!!!

Having finished it....Snake Eyes had a dope first and some solid material in his third...but he kinda got fucked up by Saga.
I agree with this assessment. BANNED was the right platform for Saga to come back, just like that battle with Prep in Blackstar was. I'm still not very hot on his style or any more excited than I would be otherwise to watch Saga rap, but he did his thing.

Twork needs to battle one of the Four Horsemen on a SMACK VOL card ASAP.

Ninja_Hawk

Oct 27, 2017
So 1-1 so far? Ars was cooking with real shit in the 2nd. He makes average/wack shit sound so good, because he's a great rapper.

OP
OP
enzo_gt

enzo_gt

Oct 25, 2017
I love it when Ars puts in effort. This is highly entertaining still though.

What's that bar everyone was booing/reacting to that Twork spit?

EchosMyron

Jun 29, 2018
3rds were pretty light on both ends but Ars did enough to safely get the battle imo.

good battle, though.

OP
OP
enzo_gt

enzo_gt

Oct 25, 2017
Jesus Christ, Iron is too much. Someone stop this man.

This man's pen is MONSTROUS. T-Top was great but Jesus Christ..

EchosMyron

Jun 29, 2018
Can't really judge the battle too much cause the stream dropped but I got Iron winning. Idk for sure though I gatta watch it again uninterrupted,

OP
OP
enzo_gt

enzo_gt

Oct 25, 2017
I was like this is close

and then Hollow started doing a bit more

and then that Smack I DON'T WANT NO SMOKE bar, cot damn

Ninja_Hawk

Oct 27, 2017
Hollow is a goddamn genius with angles, his approach is always so well thought out, on top of having bars and freestyling crazy, hollow 1-0 so far, John John is making it a good fight though. He's good ,but he isn't doing anything GREAT

Ninja_Hawk

Oct 27, 2017
Hollow has too much content. He could've cut his round short and he still would've gotten it. He opens himself up to having more dry spots as a result, but he has too many hits.

OP
OP
enzo_gt

enzo_gt

Oct 25, 2017
2nd round, honestly I think I'm edging JJDD's condensed round, Hollow was just too long. Need to watch again. Hollow definitely had higher highs, though.

EDIT:

TBH.. I think I got JJDD 2-1. Hollow edge the first, I think he went too long in the second, and Hollow's 3rd was preeetty sparse. It's not a bad battle, I just think it had way too many OBC bars (which is weird because when Hollow put up that sign I thought it was ingenious, but then he started spitting some overdone wordplay in the 2nd and third soo..).

Need to watch on cam.

Last edited:

EchosMyron

Jun 29, 2018
Hollow left the door open and didn't make it clear like he was supposed to but I've got him taking the 1st two rounds.

That third was shocking, IDK that was about.