• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

sbdesignworks

Nov 2, 2018
SM8 was pretty good! Arsonal Twork was battle of the night for me, Pat got Roc and I gott JJDD 2-1. Hollows 3rd was very short, not good at all honestly.

Ninja_Hawk

Oct 27, 2017
Hollow 2-1. 1st and 2nd. John John had some hits in his 3rd and Hollow's was pretty weak throughout. Good battle, solid event. Time well spent. NOW CAN KOTD PLEASE ANNOUNCE THE CARD FOR DECADE!!!

Ninja_Hawk

Oct 27, 2017
Good event! Twork, Pat, Hollow, and Iron all won for me. Arsonal had a pretty good performance as well as John John. I feel like the consensus on Twork-Ars is going to be different when it drops and people really listen to the material in Ars's first. His second was fire because he was speaking "real shit". But his first had some really odd material, that he was rapping really intensely. Still haven't seen Gemini/Soul or Rum/Geechi.

Another note, Roc's first against Pat is the best and most complete i've ever seen him. I need that from him, in every battle from now on.

Last edited:

uhnomoli

Oct 29, 2017
Geechi 2-1 (maybe 3-0, no body): Weird battle. Energy was off, but they both spit some crazy shit. Should have been pushed to another card.

Soul 2-1: Gem is a clown and Soul didn't really show up either. Easily the worst battle of the night.

Pat 2-1: Good battle that could have been a classic, but Roc pulled some bitch shit in the second and choked in the third.

Didn't really watch Ars vs. Twork, not a fan of either of them. Ars seemed to have showed up though.

Iron 3-0: Iron did his thing. Wasn't as crazy as his battle against Rum, but was still great.

Hollow 2-1: Hollow had some corny lines, but if you go back and listen to JJDD's... holy shit. Also, the sign was fucking hilarious.

Ninja_Hawk

Oct 27, 2017
KOTD's #DECADE event first announcement: Head I.C.E. vs. Chilla Jones.

December 9th.

I been wondering what KOTD has been doing. Not excited, Chilla is going to obliterate him and the crowd will say it's close and edge it to I.C.E. Yawn.

I mean this was predictable, a better match-up in my opinion would've been Chilla VS. A Ward....but Chilla deserves his shot and ICE is the Champ so here we go.

Pass and Cortez just got announced, a much better match-up for me. Lets hope the good announcements keep on coming. We need KOTD to thrive so the culture can continue to grow, so I really hope this event brings them back to relevance. They can't just throw one big event and then disappear for like 8 months again.

sbdesignworks

Nov 2, 2018
This Smack Vol 3 card is flames!!!! Geechi/Shine, JC/Ave, Twork/Nitty...all in a small room....damn Smack trying to go out of this year with a bang!

This PPV is getting copped ASAP!

Ninja_Hawk

Oct 27, 2017
If Iron/O Red isn't one of the best battles of the year, i'll be disappointed. Two smart, strategic battlers, who write really well. I would've rather seen K Shine and Nitty, but they're pushing the coty narrative, I get it. I don't think K Shine is really that deserving of it, but people played it up and here we are.

OP
OP
enzo_gt

enzo_gt

Oct 25, 2017
I like Cortez vs. Pass a lot as a match-up but..

man this Smack Vol.3 is really about to outshine KOTD's DECADE event. KOTD really feeling the effects of not developing enough good talent, but I agree, we really need KOTD to thrive again and put the pressure on URL. Who y'all got? I got:

Chef Trez 2-1 debatable
Brizz 3-0 (I think this will somehow be one of the battles that challenges Brizz the most)
JC 2-1 debatable
Iron 3-0
Mickey Factz 2-1 debatable
Twork 2-1 debatable
Geechi 2-1 debatable

A lot of these matches, I don't know man, super close. Twork/Nitty is going to be crazy. Nitty's got a lot to prove, and Twork's performances on Smack VOLs never disappoint; he's almost Mr. Smack VOL like Rex is Mr. Summer Madness. And Geechi vs. K-Shine is insane, I have no idea how that can go, but it's going to be a great style clash and I don't think either are going to give an inch. Smack VOLs are really well positioned to turn the tides of COTY debates.

- - -

Man, I still go back to Rum Nitty vs. Iron Solomon. That's one of the all-time greatest battles IMO. Not a misplaced or filler bar anywhere and I catch new shit everytime. Honestly love that battle so much. Something so pure about seeing a wasted K-Shine in awe of Iron, a legend, incredible writing and give it up. Iron's bars about Nitty's shoes, WHEW. Not taking anything away from Nitty either, he made it debatable and had HEAT too.

Or you will always be number 2 when your pencil's tested
If you take battles like Scantrons, where you gotta fill your whole round up with lead just to get accepted

So Glu, Joe, Mike, and Nunn Nunn can play their new roles
But I was the first White to watch, I made this hue blow

There are some DISGUSTING bars in that battle.

sbdesignworks

Nov 2, 2018
If Iron/O Red isn't one of the best battles of the year, i'll be disappointed. Two smart, strategic battlers, who write really well. I would've rather seen K Shine and Nitty, but they're pushing the coty narrative, I get it. I don't think K Shine is really that deserving of it, but people played it up and here we are.

Agreed, I don't know why we are talking about K-Shine as COTY.... YK, ENess and Jae Millz doesn't compare to Gotti's resume this year...plus him winning 3 COTN's...To me, there's no debate here but I'm not mad at the match up at all! East Vs West, Blood Vs Crip etc...will be intense...

OP
OP
enzo_gt

enzo_gt

Oct 25, 2017
URL: T-Rex vs. Reed Dollaz.

Never thought I said this but Reed ended T-Rex' career. I never want to see him battle again. Fool me once, etc. but Rex has failed to show up for all of the matches he had the most incentive for. Rewatching this, Reed's 3rd is powerful stuff, and he styled all over Rex in the 2nd; it's over for Rex. I don't want to hear about a comeback in 1.5 years from now, it's a wrap for Rex pump faking his way into throwing matches over and over.

Ninja_Hawk

Oct 27, 2017
URL: T-Rex vs. Reed Dollaz.

Never thought I said this but Reed ended T-Rex' career. I never want to see him battle again. Fool me once, etc. but Rex has failed to show up for all of the matches he had the most incentive for. Rewatching this, Reed's 3rd is powerful stuff, and he styled all over Rex in the 2nd; it's over for Rex. I don't want to hear about a comeback in 1.5 years from now, it's a wrap for Rex pump faking his way into throwing matches over and over.

Yeah, Reed got the win here. Rex is way past washed, he knew he lost. His first was okay though. Reed's style is definitely not like most battlerappers today, but it was entertaining. I like it.

Ninja_Hawk

Oct 27, 2017
Watching bodied now. I can't hold all of these cameos lol!

Also, I like what Wavy was doing, but I guess Trez 2-1. Was kinda even for me.

Ninja_Hawk

Oct 27, 2017
I just watched this too, thought it was fucking awesome.

Still reeling from that final battle sequence .
Yeah the movie is dope. Stands as a great tribute to the culture while providing some pretty in depth social commentaries and deconstructions. Just watching Lux and Hollow team up was amazing in itself. See this movie yall!

Ninja_Hawk

Oct 27, 2017
A. Ward VS. Bill Collector
https://youtu.be/wqpVT4u4uhw

Best Bill Collector i've ever seen and A Ward's best performance to date. Complete fire. A Ward is not to be played with, hope he gets much bigger plates next year.

Last edited:

SageShinigami

Oct 27, 2017
Pour one out for the homie enzo.

Hard to watch a B Dot battle for me but its a good performance from both sides.

Ninja_Hawk

Oct 27, 2017
*pours*

Battle was fire when I first saw it, battle is fire now. Great performances from both. I need a new Mike P battle soon, his writing, rapping, and performances are always entertaining. I usually hit the snooze button on B Dot's thirds, he was pretty on point throughout the whole battle however.

SageShinigami

Oct 27, 2017
Wow, this A Ward/Bill Collector battle was that good? Time to check it out. This the third time I seen it recommended.

Ninja_Hawk

Oct 27, 2017
I legit didn't think anyone would be around for decade. Im gonna catch up, sounds like some solid battles went down. The title match situation was unfortunate. They better announce the WD8 card in ONE TRAILER! Here's hoping it is fire.

Ninja_Hawk

Oct 27, 2017
What happened with the title match?

Also:

Title match got rescheduled for WD8 next month.

Iron 2-1 or 3-0. JC used the same wack angle throughout the whole battle, there wasn't even any point at the end other than you're white and jewish. That shit was old by the 3rd round. We know white people aren't the original jews, nobody claimed otherwise, not sure why JC gets points for that. Iron attacked him from multiple angles that actually directly relate to JC (taking a lot of battles with no names, being a replacement for Surf, believe-ability ); he freestyled about JC using black panther bars, and then JC used them which to me exposed his writing. Iron's schemes/bars were more intricate and they all played to a narrative that made sense. JC was solid, but he was clearly the crowd favorite in this battle, which is why he got a greater share of the reaction for lesser material. Either way just based on the material and tools on display, I think Iron won kinda clearly, but JC made it a good fight. His first was littered with dope wordplay, but that was his highest point really.

sbdesignworks

Nov 2, 2018

Anyone else catch this? Low key hope this league gets big, kinda miss battles to a beat.

Very fire! This league is definitely on the come up! On the beat battles are refreshing in this day and age. Check out 'Fire Da Misfit Vs Madface' and 'Chef Trez Vs Bandana Boogie' both great battles on the Channel...

Well...Vol 3 was nice, pretty much caught up with most battles, and yes Wavy got bodied and choked in the 3rd smh.

Gotti won but the NWX gas may make it look different...just listen to the bars! Will watch again befor I gove my full thoughts..

uhnomoli

Oct 29, 2017

See you was better off taking a dive
I mean you said it yourself this year
There was times you wanted to die
But the truth is you're hooked on attention
You do this shit for the likes
And that's what makes you a gladiator
Cause a thumbs up is the reason you're alive

That shit is cold...

Ninja_Hawk

Oct 27, 2017
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NNpvGbiy4pg

What a day for battlerap...LETS FUCKING GOOOOOo!!!!!!!!

Illmaculate VS. Soul
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yi1EYyAWGmU

This is one of my favorite battles this year, great back and forth, very solid performance from Soul....but I had illmac 2-1 or 3-0. Every round he displayed every facet of battlerap successfully, the angle in the 2nd was great! Just a masterclass performance. Really dope battle.

Last edited:

uhnomoli

Oct 29, 2017
Illmaculate VS. Soul
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yi1EYyAWGmU

This is one of my favorite battles this year, great back and forth, very solid performance from Soul....but I had illmac 2-1 or 3-0. Every round he displayed every facet of battlerap successfully, the angle in the 2nd was great! Just a masterclass performance. Really dope battle.
Yeah, I have Illmac 3-0, but no body. The crowd really killed Soul's third, he ran everything back like three times.

SageShinigami

Oct 27, 2017
So Verb and ARP beefing 'cause Verb backed out of him vs. Iron. Verb sent back the deposit but ARP still put the trailer out like the battle is going to happen.

ARP is BSing because he trying to bully a grown man. Verb is BSing IMO because you hoeing the league 'cause you got your bigger battle.

But ARP is handling this in a foul way. I just wouldn't book Verb no more lol.

Ninja_Hawk

Oct 27, 2017
So Verb and ARP beefing 'cause Verb backed out of him vs. Iron. Verb sent back the deposit but ARP still put the trailer out like the battle is going to happen.

ARP is BSing because he trying to bully a grown man. Verb is BSing IMO because you hoeing the league 'cause you got your bigger battle.

But ARP is handling this in a foul way. I just wouldn't book Verb no more lol.
Yeah, I woke up to Iron/Verb not happening...and was like..uh....when did this get announced...then I saw the trailer...a lot of fuckery overshadowing what would be a great battle. But Verb should focus on Lux, Iron coming off that Red battle would probably do Verb dirty. Just replace him with Danny and be done with it.

Afro

Oct 25, 2017
My Top 5 personal favorites as of now (not all-time). No particular order:

Twork
O-Red
Daylyt
Lux
Surf

Bonus: O-Solo. Don't @ me. Underrated. Entertaining as hell.

Used to be in top 5 but seems to have lost hunger: Bigg K.

I'm feeling Glueazy, but haven't watched enough of him.

Last edited:

uhnomoli

Oct 29, 2017

This dude Jey is fucking crazy, just watch his second. He better be out the PGs this year.