• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

enzo_gt

Oct 25, 2017
drake.gif

What is Battle Rap?

Battle rap is a part-sport, part-artform, in which rhymes are delivered acapella in high pressure, competitive environments where battlers attempt to beat their opponents using wordplay, personal attacks, freestyles, rebuttals, word association and schemes, and a smattering of other different aspects of lyricism and performing ability.

Put simply, it's entertaining and addictive to watch rappers berate and break down one another creative rhymes in intense, competitive settings where their careers and reputation are constantly on the line. The dog-eat-dog scene and need to come up with a completely unique set of rhymes for every new battle means there's a constant pressure to survive or you face the end of your career, and which also means there's always great storylines to follow that result in memorable moments that stick in your head, like any good sport has. Combine that with the experience of watching and hearing the crowd react to the bars and the performance elements and a host of gimmicks, slogans and more, and it becomes quite an involved experience with it's own culture to say the least.

It's sometimes hard to encapsulate what makes battle rap so great, but there's something really addictive and infectious about watching the best lyricists on the planet insult each other using the most complex and creative uses of language. And since battle rap has long moved on from rapping over beats, the artform has opened up to accommodate more styles and depth than ever before.

Leagues

Battles almost always occur as a part of different leagues, which often cater to different tastes and have their own stables of talent. Battle rap is incredibly diverse in the types of styles, content, and formats it can take, and it can take a while before you figure out what you like, but if you're a fan of rap, there's almost certainly a rapper out there that will cater to your taste.

Here are some of the main, current leagues that are worth following:
  • Ultimate Rap League - New York's biggest league, and without doubt the most prestigious and biggest stage in all of battle rap. The spiritual successor to the Smack DVD movement which brought battle rap into it's current era and format. The URL prides itself on it's street authenticity, so if you want to hear that gun toting, aggressive lyricism, this is the place to go. URL's annual Summer Madness event is considered the biggest stage in battle rap, and their Proving Grounds system produces most of the great new talent year after year.
  • King of the Dot - After the URL, this Canadian-based league is the next biggest league in battle rap. KOTD holds the greatest diversity of events in the greatest diversity of locations with the greatest diversity of MCs, also hosting an annual World Domination event that brings together MCs from all over the world. It is widely considered the spiritual successor to Grind Time.
  • Dont Flop - The UK's largest battle league, which has recently fallen under hard times, but is probably the third largest league overall and has a history of great battles. UK battle rap tends to be more lighthearted and jokey in nature, which might be preferable to some, and has been hosting 2-on-2 battles longer than most modern leagues.
  • UDUBB - Arsonal's own battle league, which frankly doesn't consistently have great battles, but every blue moon picks up MASSIVE match-ups and cards when negotiations fail at other leagues.
  • Rare Breed Entertainment - A relatively newer New York-based league that also facilitates many match ups that wouldn't otherwise make it onto cards on other leagues, but feature talent that hardcore fans really like to see.
  • Queen of the Ring - The pre-eminent women's battle league, based in New York. Don't sleep, the ladies have bars too!
  • BullPen Battle League - The current breeding ground for southern battle rap talent, run by John John Da Don, which filled the same void that Spit Dat Heat left.
  • Go-Rilla Warfare - Chicago-based offshoot of URL, which holds events infrequently, but when it does, delivers some well-produced, high-profile matches.
  • Syndicate Cartel - A relatively smaller league that provides a battleground for ome of the more talented writers in more intimate environments. Also known for their super hype editing of battles.
  • The Quiet Room - What is now primarily a channel for QueenzFlip after his viral success, the Quiet Room league uniquely held battles where no audible reactions were allowed, following criticisms that audience reactions influenced people's evaluations of battles. Three-way battles were another unique concept explored on this channel.
  • GrindTimeNow - A now-defunct league, which was once the largest league prior to the current era of battle rap. Had chapters all across the United States, but is most well-known for curating and birthing the careers of major West Coast talent.

But really, the main places to go are URL and KOTD as they are the most consistent and enduring producers of great battles.​

Where do I start?

This is a really difficult question to answer, surprisingly. Battle rap is so diverse, and is often very, very self-referential which means you need to watch a bit before you get what they're talking about and appreciate the lyricism. What might not make sense to you in a battle might be a reference to a popular phrase in another battle, or a specific pop-culture event.

My best advice would be to sift through a few different battles to see what sticks and what kind of styles you'r'e gravitating towards and ask for recommendations in this thread. Often, people's tastes or preferences start narrow but tend to broaden once you get to understand more and start to discover radically different styles.

Alternatively, it might be worthwhile to check out some compilations of great moments in battle rap to get yourself up to speed on some of the more popular moments that get referenced and whether battle rap might be up your alley. If you see a rapper you like, YouTube compilations of their battle or jump into their most viewed battles and work from there.

Here are some suggested places to start with modern battle rap:
  • Brizz Rawsteen vs. Young X - Two newcomers with pretty much opposite styles bring 3 consistent rounds a piece. This battle might be a good litmus test for if you prefer more aggressive battle rap or some of the more jokier stuffe - or hopefully both. IMO one of the best battles in terms of pure entertainment value.
  • JC vs. Chilla Jones - Two potent newcomers spar to create what's widely agreed upon as one of the best and most influential battles of all time. It's hard not to be impressed upon first watch, but it is so dense that I still watch it 5 years later and pick up on new wordplay and references. From this battle onwards, JC's punchline style and Chilla's word association schemes would be the basis of newcomers' styles to the present day.
  • Aye Verb vs. Hitman Holla - A brewing rivalry results in a face-off between master and the apprentice in their home town of St. Louis. This is definitively one of the best battles of all time and has the most memorable conclusion by far.
  • Real Deal vs. B Magic - Real Deal, a product of the GrindTime era which was characterized by it's calm demeanor, clowning, and freestyling, gets pitted against the master of flow, cadence and name flips in battle rap: B mothafucking Magic. Another good litmus battle and personal favourite of mine.
  • B Magic vs. Chilla Jones - If you liked either of their previously listed battles, and hell, even if you didn't, you must watch this. Some of the most creative rhymes ever spit are in this battle, so this one will jolt you awake if you aren't already.
  • Loaded Lux vs. Calicoe - Probably the one battle that made the most noise in the mainstream given it's relatively deeper and more "woke" content, and is an example of a one of the best MCs of all time exposing and putting a beating on someone who thought they could challenge a vet.
  • Loaded Lux vs. Young Miles - If you want to see what total annihilation of an opponent looks like, this is the quintessential battle.
  • Shuffle-T & Marlo vs. Verb T & Joker Starr. This might not be the best battle to showcase it, but Shuffle-T & Marlo are the UK's 2-on-2 kings and the ones who have been holding down the format in the current era before it caught on in the more street scenes. Their synergy and able to riff off of one another is unparalleled, in addition to being some of the funniest MCs of all.
  • Jaz The Rapper vs. O'fficial - Both these female MCs, each considered among the best of all time, had spotless records up until this battle. Someone had to go home with a loss this night.
  • Hollohan vs. Pat Stay - Two ex-best friends square off and hold back nothing when it comes to exposing each other's dirty pasts.
  • Daylyt vs. Chilla Jones - Two of the best writers of all time square off; Daylyt, the king of the unorthodox, and Chilla, the king of schemes.
  • Ill Will vs. Bigg K - A much-anticipated showdown between two of battle rap's bullies. Ill Will, who is known for his charisma, versatility, and freestyle ability, and Bigg K, who is an absolute punchline monster.
  • Tsu Surf & Tay Roc vs. DNA & K-Shine - DNA & K-Shine, who resurrected the 2-on-2 format and brought it to street audiences and have been ripping teams apart one-by-one, finally meet their match when Tsu Surf and Tay Roc, vets in their own right, come together to bring a building-shaking performance.
  • Rum Nitty vs. Ave - Perhaps the best distillation of the most popular style of battle rap today, which is rapid fire punchlines.

This is just a small slice of what's out there, so pick something and give it a go. The battle rap community has traditionally been a small one, but I encourage lurkers to join in on the discussions and post what they like, don't like, and what they think in this new Era we're in.​

anigif_sub-buzz-25972-1479741401-2.gif

Grzi

Oct 26, 2017
Been getting back into this recently. Stopped following the scene a like 2 years ago due to the time commitment needed to stay up to date. But it's hard to stay away.

Also realized that I'll always give the win to a rapper with one amazing round even if it's objectively 2-1 for the other guy. That's why I have Roc beating Hollow off the strength of his second round alone, same way I had Clips beating him due to that third round. Might not be the way people are accustomed to do it, but I prefer it this way. Got kinda bored of Hollow, still in my top 5 though.

Ninja_Hawk

Oct 27, 2017
On second watch, this was a 30 from Hitman. K-Shine deserved to get bagged. Joe VS. Franchise dropping soon. Gonna be CRAZY!

Cordy

Oct 25, 2017
I need to get back into it. Haven't seen any major battles in like 4 years.

OP
OP
enzo_gt

enzo_gt

Oct 25, 2017
Think I still got Hitman 3-0. Shine got wrecked.

Chilla vs. Clips is more debatable, think I'd edge it 2-1 Chilla with Clips getting the 2nd. But man, I really can't stand Clips anymore I'm finding. Hollow really broke him for me, he's just soooooo absurdly predictable and repetitive. Maybe just the varnish of his style has worn off and the 4 bar set up thing only really works if you're high intensity or aggression like a lot of the newer PGs.

I need to get back into it. Haven't seen any major battles in like 4 years.
I have been slacking haven't even been watching the homie 40 Bars battles.

There are select newer battles in OP y'all, check out what you've missed or what looks unfamiliar. Also hope y'all stick around!

Ninja_Hawk

Oct 27, 2017
Joe VS. Franchise
https://youtu.be/bjBl9dXU5V0

Joe 2-1. Joe's delivery still sucks (you can't help the way you sound right? *shrugs*) but his pen continues to be fire. Franchise's delivery kinda sucks too, but less so. He raps way too fast and sounds like he's trying to fit too many words in.

OP
OP
enzo_gt

enzo_gt

Oct 25, 2017
URL: Young Kannon vs.Jakkboy Maine

This is somewhere between a 3-0 and a body, and Jakkboy did better than last time I watched this on the bootlegs, but I'm still leaning towards a body. I hope getting bodied like this affects his career. These are supposed to be those gatekeeping kind of matches and it would suck if URL keeps pushing him regardless. I feel the same way about Twork who seems to be able to yell his way through his Ls.

Traffic 3 going down tomorrow. I think it's actually a pretty crazy card. Predictions?

Tay Roc vs. Dizaster
DNA vs. Rum Nitty
T-Top vs. JC
Danny Myers vs. K-Shine
Geechi Gotti vs. Ave
Shotgun Suge vs. Ill Will

Roc 2-1, Rum Nitty 3-0, JC 2-1 (this one's really hard for me), Danny Myers 2-1 (debatable), Ave 2-1 (HYPE), Ill WIll 2-1.

Joe VS. Franchise
https://youtu.be/bjBl9dXU5V0

Joe 2-1. Joe's delivery still sucks (you can't help the way you sound right? *shrugs*) but his pen continues to be fire. Franchise's delivery kinda sucks too, but less so. He raps way too fast and sounds like he's trying to fit too many words in.
Agree with all of this.

Ninja_Hawk

Oct 27, 2017
Ok, YK obviously won the battle...but I think some of his material has been done by too many people before him. So much I feel, that I kinda have an issue with it. He still won...but I dunno, original material isn't really his strong suit I feel.

As for Traffic, I don't see how Diz beats Roc (would love to be wrong). Nitty should bag DNA 3-0 (I predict DNA with have some cool rebuttals). JC just had a classic debatable with Illmac, I got him winning 2-1. Which K-Shine are we going to get? Danny Myers 2-1. Geechi has more personality along with solid material compared to Ave, Geechi 2-1. Suge can't really do much of anything most of the time, Ill Will 3-0.

OP
OP
enzo_gt

enzo_gt

Oct 25, 2017
Traffic 3 Stream right now, being run by Avocado. Surprise battle with BDot vs. Emerson Kennedy right now. Both are going off.

Hidden content
You need to reply to this thread in order to see this content.

BDot going in on URL super hard in front of Smack in this round, damn LOL I ain't ever seen shit like this goddamn

Wow, potential round of the year contender for real. When this shit hits cam it's going to be crazy.

K-Shine had a kid, so that's been rescheduled to Dec 9th, and it's Danny vs. Glueazy now.

Last edited:
OP
OP
enzo_gt

enzo_gt

Oct 25, 2017
New link. Everything has been fire so far TBH, all debatables from the full battles I've seen. I think I edge Geechi, Glueazy, and Ill Will.

Hidden content
You need to reply to this thread in order to see this content.
Rum Nitty vs. DNA, JC vs. T-Top and Tay Roc vs. Dizaster left.

Favourite bar thus far was Danny to Glue:
Even your doctor got nameflips, he's saying Glue you gotta keep it together

Damn, T-Top didn't come to fuck around. This card is exceeding all of my high expectations.

EDIT: Guys... T-Top might have bodied JC. That's a clear W, at least. I did not see this coming but goddamn T-Top didn't waste a single bar.

Last edited:

Ninja_Hawk

Oct 27, 2017
I got home! I heard JC got 30'd! WHAT!

B Dot on URL!? WHAT!

Diz and Roc is better than I anticipated so far.

Random: I just watched JC VS. Illmac...this battle is CRAZY FIRE!!! I can't wait til this drops officially.

Last edited:
OP
OP
enzo_gt

enzo_gt

Oct 25, 2017
URL: Cortez vs. Nu Jerzy Twork

And yeah, crowd was chanting 3-0. T-Top just had everything, and what took several bars for JC to build up to, T-Top was pushing out back-to-back-to-back. And he was more direct IMO.

Ninja_Hawk

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah, I caught it. He had the dancer in the 3rd. It was over. He had more crazy punches than JC (that first was fuego), broke JC down, and overall entertained on another level. Him and illmac (though it was a little closer against mac) both brought too many elements to someone who can basically only write. JC should be realizing his own limitations. He got so much gas off of Chess and Trez...two people he was SUPPOSED to beat (Nitty was a notable accolade though).

Haven't watched this yet but both of these guys are great writers especially Fliiko (check his battle with Xcel or Chef Trez) so i'm expecting this to be worth a watch.

Lotta Zay VS. Fliiko L
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fPC8eS8GUCs

Fliiko SNAPPED on Lotta (his 3rd was crazy though). Please let this be the start of something. He has a lot of potential.

Last edited:
OP
OP
enzo_gt

enzo_gt

Oct 25, 2017
Cortez vs. Nu Jerzy Twork is not worth watching. Don't waste your time people. I think I'd edge Tez, but it's just not fun to watch. Lot of lame punches and exhausting overall.

Ninja_Hawk

Oct 27, 2017
I'm about to check it now lol. I didn't think it was terrible....but...pretty mediocre battle honestly. Twork needs some time off, i'm over his style. I gave it to Tez...I dunno which rounds, I just give the battle to Tez overall.

Also, I know better than to read or indulge in YT comments...but the JC fans are really in denial about his loss. When you have to bring out the "bar for bar" arguments, you're fighting a losing battle.

Caught B. Dot VS. EK.....B. Dot's 3rd...GODDAMN! Round of the year? Definitely in contention.

Last edited:
OP
OP
enzo_gt

enzo_gt

Oct 25, 2017
KOTD Title Match: Head I.C.E. vs. Cortez

Think I edged Tez in the first, clear to I.C.E. in the 2nd, and didn't really see either stand out in the 3rd TBH. Overall a pretty crummy battle IMO. Generally, not much that hit in these rounds, both had small but noticeable fumbles across the rounds, and there were a lot of lame lines that didn't make sense like Cortez' climate change line, and I.C.E. had a really bad one too that I forgot.

My battle backlog is heavy right now.

Ninja_Hawk

Oct 27, 2017
ICE always has bad lines. I always feel like i'm living in an alternate reality when people go crazy for some of his material and i'm like "...wait, what?" I think Cortez got robbed, I knew he wasn't going to win though.

OP
OP
enzo_gt

enzo_gt

Oct 25, 2017
URL: Jerry Wess vs. Teewhy. This is cool. Feel like Jerry Wess has potential if he just had a bit more consistency.

ICE always has bad lines. I always feel like i'm living in an alternate reality when people go crazy for some of his material and i'm like "...wait, what?" I think Cortez got robbed, I knew he wasn't going to win though.
Same, sometimes I just feel like it's the KOTD audience thinking what he says must be hard whether they understand it or not. He's wildly overrated. The only thing I ever remember from him is the "we can tell how they leg twitch" flip of K-Shine's dead kick bar. And that's one of his more recent performances at that.

Ninja_Hawk

Oct 27, 2017
I just watched that Jerry Wess battle. Ok battle, he won, had some cool lines. "Bullets spit out t, like ain't no sugar in this" I really don't like TeeWhy, he had some ok lines, and his 3rd is a great example of how to poorly execute an angle. What spoke to me was him talking about how Ave, Mike P, and Twork are all ahead of him. Hopefully he gets a BL, he deserves that shot anyways.

They better drop Chef Trez/Prep next!

OP
OP
enzo_gt

enzo_gt

Oct 25, 2017
New URL event series, sounds risky but dope as fuck: "SMACK VOL1." Small room, private setting, PPV only, no tickets, only invited guests.

First match up and announcement trailer: B Magic vs. Ave. I'm okay with this still going down, it's still a dope as fuck matchup. Glad to see URL and Magic patch things up.

Fliiko L vs. Zay was fire! Might have Zay 2-1.

Ninja_Hawk

Oct 27, 2017
YAY! We'll finally be able to hear all the bars for a change! Goddamn shame lol

Bigg K VS. Pass
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lHWpMPu5HIU

Just like on the PPV. Bigg K 2-1, Pass gets the 3rd. Nice execution of an old angle.

Bigg K VS. O Red
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qOPmkKrks3g

A Bigg K W and a Bigg K L. I gave O Red the battle 2-1. Red's material doesn't always hit, but Bigg K's 2nd was too light, and the 3rd while entertaining, was a throwaway. He should've put some of the punches in his first in his second. "GET BACK FROM THE STEPS!', "NANANANANANA" (though Red's O solo, translation was fire) , Bigg K is the funniest dude in Battlerap.

OP
OP
enzo_gt

enzo_gt

Oct 25, 2017
Gonna check out those Bigg K battles when I get some time.

In the mean while, two more SMACK VOL1 announcements:
O-Red vs. Brizz Rawsteen
JC vs. Nu Jerzy Twork

O-Red vs. Brizz is a good match up. I feel like Twork's shit isn't gonna work when the room isn't full of a thousand drunk people. JC needs to show and prove after the beating T-Top put on him.

OP
OP
enzo_gt

enzo_gt

Oct 25, 2017
URL: T-Top vs. Ave

This is a fire ass battle, the name flips are CRAZY in this. One of the best battles this year but IMO T-Top clearly got it. Ave was going off in the 3rd, and I gave him that round, but wasn't getting much reaction I felt.

Ninja_Hawk

Oct 27, 2017
Twork needs to take a break man. He has had a pretty good year with some ups and downs...but he needs to just chill for a little bit. I heard JC is his favorite rapper, so this should be interesting at least. Also, yeah...i'm not sure how the setting is going to change the dynamics of the style Twork has.

I swear I had Ave winning at first...

....and I was incredibly wrong...damn. Punches just aren't enough against a character breakdown. Top put him under.

Last edited:

Cordy

Oct 25, 2017
Rewatching the Verb/Holla battle and man it's still dope to this day. Everytime I see it it's like I'm seeing it for the first time.

OP
OP
enzo_gt

enzo_gt

Oct 25, 2017
URL One-Off: Chef Trez vs. Prep. Lets gooooooo

Watched both of the O-Red battles too. Don't remember who I had but I enjoyed vs. O-Red more.

Rewatching the Verb/Holla battle and man it's still dope to this day. Everytime I see it it's like I'm seeing it for the first time.
Yup, I feel exactly the same. I'm not mad at anyone calling it the GOAT battle. Often nowadays it doesn't feel like battles "matter;" either the storylines are wack or very transp

Cordy

Oct 25, 2017
URL One-Off: Chef Trez vs. Prep. Lets gooooooo

Watched both of the O-Red battles too. Don't remember who I had but I enjoyed vs. O-Red more.

Yup, I feel exactly the same. I'm not mad at anyone calling it the GOAT battle. Often nowadays it doesn't feel like battles "matter;" either the storylines are wack or very transp
Yeah it's different now. I started watching when GrindTime was just starting to blow up around what 08-09 and I was watching until like maybe 13-14, whenever that Hollow/Lux battle came out. I was just out of the loop until now and seeing some of the stuff these days, it's a different story. It might be because I don't know some of these guys but it feels like I'm not getting who they are, I can't connect to them.

Sort of like how WWE has characters and storylines. Some of the stuff I see now is hard for me to differentiate.

Cordy

Oct 25, 2017
Anyone know what happened between Rex and Shine? I'm watching their battle and shit this is hard to watch.

OP
OP
enzo_gt

enzo_gt

Oct 25, 2017
Anyone know what happened between Rex and Shine? I'm watching their battle and shit this is hard to watch.
tl;dr: K-Shine helped start NWX alongside DNA, Big T, and Th3 Saga at the time, Mook and T-Rex got mad he was devoting more time to that and repping NWX more than Dot Mobb, and tensions grew and grew until he left and disses started flying, until it came to a head in that battle.

RE: Your last post, there have been some pretty good storylines that have come out since then, and I'm planning to at least summarize a few that resulted in battles (good ones.. T-Rex vs. Cortez is one of my all-time most disappointing battles), but I agree, storylines are what sell any sport, and backstory is important.

This was surprisingly good on both their parts. I.. might even edge Jimz?

Cordy

Oct 25, 2017
tl;dr: K-Shine helped start NWX alongside DNA, Big T, and Th3 Saga at the time, Mook and T-Rex got mad he was devoting more time to that and repping NWX more than Dot Mobb, and tensions grew and grew until he left and disses started flying, until it came to a head in that battle.
Makes sense especially after watching the battle. After that I gotta side with Shine on this.

OP
OP
enzo_gt

enzo_gt

Oct 25, 2017
Latest SMACK VOL1 announcement is Rum Nitty vs. Iron Solomon. This is Iron Solomon' s return to SMACK, first URL appearance. They gave this battle top billing too it seems? This card is looking pretty good, I'm more excited for a few battles than others (Nitty/Solomon, Magic/Ave, K-Shine/Danny), but hopefully it's good all around.

Rum Nitty vs. Iron Solomon
B Magic vs. Ave
O-Red vs. Brizz Rawsteen
Nu Jerzy Twork vs. JC
K-Shine vs. Danny Myers
Shotgun Suge vs. Mike P
Chef Trez vs. Chess

URL did a good job repairing relationships these past two years and I think it's really helping their output and allowing more "mid tier" battles to happen on stages like Born Legacy, which is needed to properly test and develop PG talent. Seems like they're on their way to repairing relations with Bigg K too, and man, the floodgates open for new opportunities once that happens, as, like Ill Will, there are SO many match opportunities locked behind URL contracts there.

Sitting here dying to see Geechi Gotti vs. Ave again. Truly might be my battle of the year, but I need to see it again.

Prep done! Trez put him under lol
Agree. He did his thing but.. it wasn't enough, and kind of proves he can't hang. Prep will forever be remembered for beating Dot, having a great battle with Th3 Saga, and getting erased from battle rap history by Chilla. That beating Chilla put on him is some of the ugliest shit I've ever seen, I still go back to that first round from time to time.

EDIT: KOTD: Aye Verb vs. B Dot. Looking forward to watching this.

Last edited:

Ninja_Hawk

Oct 27, 2017
Iron/Rum would've had me shocked if it hadn't been spoiled already. If Iron was gonna come back to the URL it HAD to be in a small room setting. Should be greatness.

Time to watch Verb/B Dot again! Ok, B Dot 2-1...I had him 30'ing a pretty good Verb when I watched it live. B. Dot's angle in the 2nd was pretty weak though. I feel like if Verb had rapped for a little while longer this might've been closer, I may have even given him the battle.
"Catching a bullet from a black man will be the only time you get a nigga pass" ...thats my line from the battle lol

DNA 30'd Big Kannon....
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aOPfoI9jFhk

....this has to be his best performance in a reeaaaaaally long time. He switched it up, attacked his opponent, and didn't stick to his tired ass flow.

Last edited:
OP
OP
enzo_gt

enzo_gt

Oct 25, 2017
Watching now. Caught bits and pieces of JC vs. Twork. Was enjoying it all around and I felt Twork made really good adjustments to his style for the room but I didn't see it in full so I can't call it.

Seeing CHAMPION in between battles is great, great commentators TBH, maybe the best. I'm watching a lot more CHAMPION now and it's great.

EDIT: Mike P might be my favourite writer out, to be honest. The way he pieces his shit together is sublime.

EDIT2: Damn Suge in rare form going off too.

Last edited:

Ninja_Hawk

Oct 27, 2017
DAWG THIS MIKE P SUGE IS FIRE....I DID NOT EXPECT THIS

and yeah Mike P's writing is top notch this battle

People saying Suge 2-1...I got Mike P 2-1...Mike's rapping this battle was amazing...I think it will hold up better on a rewatch.

Last edited:
OP
OP
enzo_gt

enzo_gt

Oct 25, 2017
DAWG THIS MIKE P SUGE IS FIRE....I DID NOT EXPECT THIS

and yeah Mike P's writing is top notch this battle
Yeah WTF this might be one of my battles of the year, that was super solid from front to back. One of my favourite Suge performances and Mike P did his thing.

I think I got Suge 3-0 no body? 1st was close to me.

Ninja_Hawk

Oct 27, 2017
Danny better body K-Shine after how long Smack put him on ice. K-Shine needs to redeem himself after getting killed by Hitman and O Red

Danny looks like he's ready to murder lol

Danny with a slight 30. K Shine was decent though, I felt the aggression in that battle. Dopeness!

Last edited: