• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Ninja_Hawk

Oct 27, 2017
QP VS. Danny Myers
https://youtu.be/RbN9yR8MMaQ

Two of the best pens going at it with some really great and creative material. Crowd kinda messed with the pace of the battle, but it is dope, this matchup was overdue.

Also...in case anyone missed or cared, Geechi won Champion Of The Year. With Pat Stay, K Shine, Iron Solomon, and JC, placing in that order.

sbdesignworks

Nov 2, 2018
QP VS. Danny Myers
https://youtu.be/RbN9yR8MMaQ

Two of the best pens going at it with some really great and creative material. Crowd kinda messed with the pace of the battle, but it is dope, this matchup was overdue.

Also...in case anyone missed or cared, Geechi won Champion Of The Year. With Pat Stay, K Shine, Iron Solomon, and JC, placing in that order.

Crowd is annoying but this is a fire battle! Need to watch it a few more times and dissect the battle before I say who I thought won...

And well deserved by COTY win by Geechi...super consistent year, all fire competitive battles and some nasty 3rd rounds included..

Also, its clear to say that Chess is done now...Choked all 3 rounds on Verbal Warzone smh...

Fire Da Misfit was fire as usual (excuse the pun lol)...check out some of his other battles on the channel. Some of their recent drops have been good too featuring DNA, Cortez, etc. I like what their doing...deffo a league on the come up.

Ninja_Hawk

Oct 27, 2017
^I posted this on the last page lol, I guess I should start embedding links. But yes, very fire battle, Illmac's pen is insane!

Fire Da Misfit was fire as usual (excuse the pun lol)...check out some of his other battles on the channel. Some of their recent drops have been good too featuring DNA, Cortez, etc. I like what their doing...deffo a league on the come up.

Chess....*sigh* damn homie.

SageShinigami

Oct 27, 2017
^I posted this on the last page lol, I guess I should start embedding links. But yes, very fire battle, Illmac's pen is insane!

That's on me, my fault. But yeah that battle was amazing on both ends but Soul got 30'd. I'm gonna repost another battle real quick though.

Danny/QP, crowd edited out. Much easier watch IMO.

OP
OP
enzo_gt

enzo_gt

Oct 25, 2017
Chef Trez vs. Loso and B.Dot/Geechi Gotti vs. Marvwon/Quest McCody are two of the best battles of the year.

I'm not really mad at Geechi being Champion of the Year, but, man, when they broke down Pat's record like that, I kinda still feel like Pat Stay had the biggest wins and also the least losses of 2018? Also shout outs to white boys from Canada being Tay Roc's demons.

Ninja_Hawk

Oct 27, 2017
Chef Trez vs. Loso and B.Dot/Geechi Gotti vs. Marvwon/Quest McCody are two of the best battles of the year.

I'm not really mad at Geechi being Champion of the Year, but, man, when they broke down Pat's record like that, I kinda still feel like Pat Stay had the biggest wins and also the least losses of 2018? Also shout outs to white boys from Canada being Tay Roc's demons.
Oh shit, you're alive! Don't you have some catching up to do lol.

I was totally fine with the list, my only issue was that K Shine at No. 3 was too high. Pat had an incredible year, I became a big fan this past year.

sbdesignworks

Nov 2, 2018
I was totally fine with the list, my only issue was that K Shine at No. 3 was too high. Pat had an incredible year, I became a big fan this past year.

Agreed, Pat definitely made me a fan again this year...very funny!

Brizz Vs Mr Wavy dropped the other day...I watch this live on PPV and thought it was a body then...still a clear 3-0 to me. Brizz's presence and energy was way too much...he was talking to Wavy! Still an overall good battle..

"Thanks to Smack and this horrible bargain!" lmaoo

Ninja_Hawk

Oct 27, 2017
Agreed, Pat definitely made me a fan again this year...very funny!

Brizz Vs Mr Wavy dropped the other day...I watch this live on PPV and thought it was a body then...still a clear 3-0 to me. Brizz's presence and energy was way too much...he was talking to Wavy! Still an overall good battle..

"Thanks to Smack and this horrible bargain!" lmaoo

Mike P would've been a way better battle. Mike is a much more formidable writer and performer. Wavy gahbij!

Ninja_Hawk

Oct 27, 2017

Trez 2-1...maybe a 3-0, edging every round. Loso, had a solid first though. There was definitely some gas at play, but Trez aggression and moments were definitely more impactful.

OP
OP
enzo_gt

enzo_gt

Oct 25, 2017
Trez just keeps getting better and better IMO. I really think he should battle Hollow. At this point, I think Chef Trez might be the freestyle king over DNA, Hollow, and anyone else. This battle he had a goddamn vengeance after all that personal shit happened, and Loso was the unlucky recipient.

No slight to Loso but Chef Trez 3-0. Loso definitely did his thing all three rounds. Just thought it was kind of lame that people reacted to his father/son/holy ghost rebuttal that Chef Trez literally *just* said.

Ninja_Hawk

Oct 27, 2017

That pocket tap was nasty, shame on your Red! First watch, I had O Red 2-1. I think I have Iron slightly edging the first and taking the 3rd after watching it now. Red out performed Iron, but Iron's pen was a fair bit stronger. Both had fire material.....uuuuhhhh Iron 2-1....Red had the momentum though.

Also, how do you guys feel about World Domination 8? So far the matchups are Chilla/Head Ice, Soul/Arsonal, Shox/Illmac, Bobby Rex/Caustic, and A Ward/Charron. I think it is very solid card, definitely better than decade. This could be a return to form for KOTD, if they continue pushing out solid cards after this.

Last edited:

Ninja_Hawk

Oct 27, 2017

Charron 2-1. Jimz did really well though, messing up his 2nd round hurt him. Charron did him dirty in the 3rd, pure venom. Pretty good battle.

sbdesignworks

Nov 2, 2018

Charron 2-1. Jimz did really well though, messing up his 2nd round hurt him. Charron did him dirty in the 3rd, pure venom. Pretty good battle.

Gonna check this one out...not the biggest fan of Jimz honestly but I like Charron...has some big wins on his resume.

Geechi Vs K-Shine is now out...It's Smack Madness for real! JC Vs Ave also out too!

Ninja_Hawk

Oct 27, 2017
Gonna check this one out...not the biggest fan of Jimz honestly but I like Charron...has some big wins on his resume.

Geechi Vs K-Shine is now out...It's Smack Madness for real! JC Vs Ave also out too!

Where the hell is Joe VS. Born Smack?! Anyways, Geechi 3-0, this was a bag and the gas from the crowd made him look worse. K-Shine mad basic with the back to back punches. Geechi's 3rd was killer.

A Ward is definitely next up, this year. That Steven Universe bar was crazy, every round was solid. Deems 3-0.

Last edited:
OP
OP
enzo_gt

enzo_gt

Oct 25, 2017
Man, DNA vs. Danny Myers is a teeeeeeeerrible battle. So many awful bars/punchlines. It's one of the worst big(ger) stage performances from both.

I thought Gemin1 got Soul pretty clear in the first and second. Not a great showing from Soul, unfortunately.

These battles are dropping crazy fast. Missed out on watching VOL.4 though. Seems like it was better than the card led on?

Ninja_Hawk

Oct 27, 2017
Yup, it was garbage when I saw it live. Danny won though, but eh, it was pretty bad...DNA was just...ugh. Still waiting on Joe VS. Born to drop.....they holding on to that one really hard...i'm really anxious to see it, heard it was so good.

SageShinigami

Oct 27, 2017
Hollow got 30'd huh? Guess all them super Hollow fans gotta sit down now. And Hollow prolly shouldn't have put the battery in Math's back.

OP
OP
enzo_gt

enzo_gt

Oct 25, 2017
Hollow got 30'd huh? Guess all them super Hollow fans gotta sit down now. And Hollow prolly shouldn't have put the battery in Math's back.
Just watched it and man, Math was seriously gassed and he had those doesn't-know-when-to-stop kind of Mook rounds. The whole "the ocean is gay" angle in the first round and he kept bringing up throughout the battle was uhh.. what? He went like so much longer and people were foaming at that angle and all of the basic rhymes he had in it. Same deal with the 2nd, jesus it went on forever and then Math tried to start something to give himself some time to remember where he was at when Hollow's boy started talking through his round, and then he starts talking though Hollow's next round? Jayblac was like this the best Math ever and I don't see this as touching even the Chilla Math. Then there was other shit like "Hollow is just an Ho with two Ls so I owe you (U?) a W"...?

What was a bad look for Hollow was complaining about the hecklers and the people on stage. I mean, I agree, even before the battle started there was some serious ruckus and people screaming at him for no goddamn reason and they didn't get thrown out (ARP stage control is trash). But still, makes him look like a complainer. ARP clearly was looking out for Math more than he was for Hollow.

Hollow edging the first, debatable 2nd (both of them petered out in the latter halves of their rounds) but I think I'll still edge Math, and 3rd super clear for Math (Hollow's round was good too, but he ended super weak and Math just had more even though his round was longer). I don't know what to think about Math's comment about Hollow doing him a favour, but I don't think there's #collusion going on. If the entire battle was like the 3rd rounds (and the angles in them) from both, it'd be better, but it's not. Math's 3rd was fantastic though, I think that's why people are saying Math got the 30, but nahhh.

I think all the super Hollow fans (including me) kind of took a step back after 2015ish. I still think his resume makes the best argument for him being the GOAT but the past few years have been rough for Hollow after he basically retired Clips. Someone that was known for his consistency no longer is, IMO.

- Buddens battle before the Clips battle was trash
- Both Pat Stay battles are forgettable, I don't even remember who I got winning
- Dizaster battle is forgettable, I don't even remember who I got winning although it's probably Hollow
- He did great vs. Tay Roc, and it's debatable, but the most memorable thing from that battle is the seatbelt line from Roc
- Arsonal rematch was garbage even though he wrecked Arsonal
- JJDD beat him, even Hollow admits it

Hollow's at risk of a death by 1000 cuts kind of deal. This battle is a bad look for him, and it's a good look for Math even though he didn't do too great overall. All you need is to show god bleeds, etc.

OP
OP
enzo_gt

enzo_gt

Oct 25, 2017
I didn't think it was too crazy on first watch, but I was watching it on my phone. The crowd for that Survivor Series event was so weird, might be that too.

Per the latest CHAMPION, I really want Hollow vs. Chef Trez to happen. I think it'd be so dope, and probably bring the best out of Hollow too. Or vs. Scotty, but Trez has earned it more, IMO.

Ninja_Hawk

Oct 27, 2017
I didn't think it was too crazy on first watch, but I was watching it on my phone. The crowd for that Survivor Series event was so weird, might be that too.

Per the latest CHAMPION, I really want Hollow vs. Chef Trez to happen. I think it'd be so dope, and probably bring the best out of Hollow too. Or vs. Scotty, but Trez has earned it more, IMO.
The crowd was kinda trash, they were sleeping hard, there is a lot of creativity from the material of both. Joes 2nd and 3rd and Born's third were pretty great.

OP
OP
enzo_gt

enzo_gt

Oct 25, 2017
Ruin Your Day just watched Surf vs. Big T and, I'm not surprised, but goddamn this is one of the best battles of all time.

Surf stans are the worst but when I think about this battle and his battle vs. Conceited.. they're totally those kinds of battles that make you a fan for life. Both of those are arguable Top 10 of all time battles, IMO. Basically like me and Qleen from his Magic and Arsonal battles (to be fair, Surf's record is waaaaay better than Qleen's).

EDIT: Resolution card looks fire, outside of Cassidy, who is almost certainly going to get washed.

Last edited:

Ninja_Hawk

Oct 27, 2017
Ruin Your Day just watched Surf vs. Big T and, I'm not surprised, but goddamn this is one of the best battles of all time.

Surf stans are the worst but when I think about this battle and his battle vs. Conceited.. they're totally those kinds of battles that make you a fan for life. Both of those are arguable Top 10 of all time battles, IMO. Basically like me and Qleen from his Magic and Arsonal battles (to be fair, Surf's record is waaaaay better than Qleen's).

EDIT: Resolution card looks fire, outside of Cassidy, who is almost certainly going to get washed.
Haven't seen Surf/Big T in a loooong time. I'll catch the Watch. Also yes, Cassidy is most definitely about to get bagged in front of thousands. All this build-up and we know he's about to die.

Really surprised at how fire this is. Bad Newz was good and Roc was the tightest and most consistent i've seen in a min.

Fliiko fucked him up, that second round was an beating.

Last edited:
OP
OP
enzo_gt

enzo_gt

Oct 25, 2017
Roc vs. Bad News was really entertaining. The energy in that room, especially with those MCs behind them was electrifying. Weird to see K-Shine on Roc's side as they're about to rematch, though.

URL: Big T vs. Jakkboy Maine. Dope ass match-up, decent battle. I gave it 2-1 to Big T, if I remember correctly. Big T is unfortunately a bit washed, but he had some bits of the classic Big T coming out here and there.

URL: Geechi Gotti vs. Shotgun Suge. Best battle of SM7. Good lord that first round from Geechi is MURDEROUS.

URL PG: Dryx vs. TK. This was, surprisingly decent? Nothing too crazy, but a bit better than the average PG.

URL PG: Ace Amin vs. Fuse Da General. Ace is good, but I think Champion overhyped it a bit. I fuck with his style and energy, though.

Resolution and Born Legacy 6 both seem like dope cards. Mike P vs. JC is FIRE. Trez/Suge is weird but Trez deserves that main stage look so bad, so I'm super happy for h im.

SageShinigami

Oct 27, 2017
Watched a short version of JC/Ave earlier. This man JC has hit a dry spot. He's still "good", but he's not the JC I know.

Meanwhile Danny Myers has killed everyone he's battled lately.

Ninja_Hawk

Oct 27, 2017
Roc vs. Bad News was really entertaining. The energy in that room, especially with those MCs behind them was electrifying. Weird to see K-Shine on Roc's side as they're about to rematch, though.

URL: Big T vs. Jakkboy Maine. Dope ass match-up, decent battle. I gave it 2-1 to Big T, if I remember correctly. Big T is unfortunately a bit washed, but he had some bits of the classic Big T coming out here and there.

URL: Geechi Gotti vs. Shotgun Suge. Best battle of SM7. Good lord that first round from Geechi is MURDEROUS.

URL PG: Dryx vs. TK. This was, surprisingly decent? Nothing too crazy, but a bit better than the average PG.

URL PG: Ace Amin vs. Fuse Da General. Ace is good, but I think Champion overhyped it a bit. I fuck with his style and energy, though.

Resolution and Born Legacy 6 both seem like dope cards. Mike P vs. JC is FIRE. Trez/Suge is weird but Trez deserves that main stage look so bad, so I'm super happy for h im.
Yeah, Ace is good but he's got a ways to go. Honestly, none of these new guys are touching an A. Ward, Joe, Loso, Chef, Geechi, or even a Jakk Boy talent wise. Glu still has potential. I feel like Ryda is completely average and dead in the water.

Mike P VS. JC is the most exciting battle announced aside from Lux/Verb (oh and Illmac/A Ward) right now....for me. There is potential for some real fire moments.

OP
OP
enzo_gt

enzo_gt

Oct 25, 2017
URL: Iron Solomon vs. T-Top. I think I got Iron with the 3-0, no body. Maybe 2-1 to Top in the 3rd. Iron is just too much, especially that first round, he was going WILD. That Surf bar, mah gawd

Man WTF happened to KOTD? Their DECADE event had a match between Joey Gambello & Red Flag? WHO? It's like they've pretty much completely been replaced by RBE.

SageShinigami

Oct 27, 2017
Did they really call off JC/Lux in favor of Lux/Verb just 'cause JC had some debatable battles against high profile opponents? If so that's so fucking wack. Verb spent all of 2014 and most of 2015 washed.

Ninja_Hawk

Oct 27, 2017
URL: Iron Solomon vs. T-Top. I think I got Iron with the 3-0, no body. Maybe 2-1 to Top in the 3rd. Iron is just too much, especially that first round, he was going WILD. That Surf bar, mah gawd

Man WTF happened to KOTD? Their DECADE event had a match between Joey Gambello & Red Flag? WHO? It's like they've pretty much completely been replaced by RBE.
Definitely a 3-0. Iron is just way too advanced. They're on their way back to relevance, they just need consistency and one big fire event, here is hoping the Cali event in May is just that. There are supposed to be at least 3 big match-ups.

Did they really call off JC/Lux in favor of Lux/Verb just 'cause JC had some debatable battles against high profile opponents? If so that's so fucking wack. Verb spent all of 2014 and most of 2015 washed.

Hey, you're only as good as your last battle lol. "What have you done for me lately" syndrome.

sbdesignworks

Nov 2, 2018
Been seeing around twitter that Tech 9 passed away in his sleep..Sad news :(

Been confirmed by Debo, Head Ice and a few others now..

RIP Tech 9

OP
OP
enzo_gt

enzo_gt

Oct 25, 2017
No cause as of yet, it seems, but man, R.I.P. to Tech 9. Completely out of nowhere.

FoxJenkins

Dec 12, 2017
Aight so apparently Tech 9 was facing child sex charges and allegedly killed himself to avoid his day in court. It's speculation about the suicide but the paper work is out there and the charges are legit. On mobile. Piper boy and Battletruth, did blogs on it.

OP
OP
enzo_gt

enzo_gt

Oct 25, 2017
Aight so apparently Tech 9 was facing child sex charges and allegedly killed himself to avoid his day in court. It's speculation about the suicide but the paper work is out there and the charges are legit. On mobile. Piper boy and Battletruth, did blogs on it.
Wow, wtf, what a twist. This might explain why Tech took a break from Champion for a little while a couple months ago? I'm guessing that means Jayblac had to have known?

This is crazy, especially after all that shit with Unbias a few years ago. I'm seeing Jakkboy got Tech's name tatted on his neck too? And now this? Wow.

FoxJenkins

Dec 12, 2017
Wow, wtf, what a twist. This might explain why Tech took a break from Champion for a little while a couple months ago? I'm guessing that means Jayblac had to have known?

This is crazy, especially after all that shit with Unbias a few years ago. I'm seeing Jakkboy got Tech's name tatted on his neck too? And now this? Wow.

Blac had to know. These folks done played the whole community by trying to preserve this man image. Not to mention the gofundme for his funeral, which hasn't happened yet I don't think. Suicide would explain that as well. Those charges are damning.

I hope Jakk didn't do that. Man everybody gone come out this looking stupid and if Blac knew, he's cancelled too.