• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Ninja_Hawk

Oct 27, 2017
Watched the whole thing and I think I got Verb 3-0, no body. Maybe Lux gets better on cam but as the battle went on he had more reaches, old bars, and just wasn't saying much. Like there was definitely a lot of plainly delivered, super weak stuff from Lux that wasn't deep or anything, which was super puzzling. Verb's 2nd was the highlight of the whole battle.

I don't think it met the hype because IMO this is the weakest Lux performance since his Mook rematch, and it was an above average Verb.
Yeah, I was listening to Lux's 2nd and 3rd...and was just like, what is this man talking about...it was confusing as hell. So is Verb the GOAT now? Lux, Hollow, Arsonal, Diz, and Mook....that is something else.

FoxJenkins

Dec 12, 2017
I must be tripping. I had it 2-1 Lux. With Verb taking the third cuz Lux threw that lame angle out there.

If it was just rapping. Which it pretty much came down to Lux rapped better. Them random multies Verb was throwing out there did nothing for me. He got cumquat in there somewhere, Cornish hen. Just rhyming.

Idk man. Maybe B Dot right and lux should retire because clearly there is a disconnect because me and my homie was watching this man do magic with words and watching Lux we both felt we was missing something. He might just be too good a rapper to battle rap.

OP
OP
enzo_gt

enzo_gt

Oct 25, 2017
I must be tripping. I had it 2-1 Lux. With Verb taking the third cuz Lux threw that lame angle out there.

If it was just rapping. Which it pretty much came down to Lux rapped better. Them random multies Verb was throwing out there did nothing for me. He got cumquat in there somewhere, Cornish hen. Just rhyming.

Idk man. Maybe B Dot right and lux should retire because clearly there is a disconnect because me and my homie was watching this man do magic with words and watching Lux we both felt we was missing something. He might just be too good a rapper to battle rap.
Cumquat bar was definitely terrible, Verb had his own middling or overused bars throughout as well. I ain't mad at 2-1 Lux, and this definitely demands a rewatch.

But.. I think I just don't believe the Lux hype anymore TBH, since like the Clips/Ars battles (he was good in the Ars battle though).

Increasingly so, I feel parallels between defending Lux and 2019 Eminem. Mostly rest on the laurels of what they've done before in their material, attacks everything the same way, wordplay and rapping ability seem otherworldly on the surface but once you scratch a bit it's really not that deep. I like Lux' modern style, but his content and angles are consistently not hitting with me. He feels a bit "stuck," which is why I think people are frustrated and want the grey hoodie Lux back and feel THAT was him in his rapping prime. I really, really did feel like if Lux spit that material before the 2012 Calicoe hype, people would have been like.. that's it? But I don't know, maybe I'll become a Lux stan again on second+ watches.

FoxJenkins

Dec 12, 2017
His funk flex freestyle made me believe his pen is still god like. Battling ain't just rapping no more tho. It's crazy.

Ninja_Hawk

Oct 27, 2017
I'm gonna watch everything g and post some thoughts tomorrow. But Pat Stay/Suge is a really good battle in my opinion. Like I will probably watch that several times back. Ever since his Verb battle, I'm a big Pat fan now.

sbdesignworks

Nov 2, 2018
Nome 9 was pretty good overall!

Jakkboy got 5-0'd badly and JJDD only got to spit 2 rounds haha! Don't need to see him on a big card again.
Pat/ Suge and Geechi/Surf were both Very good battles bar the Nitty choke in the 3rd. Pulled it back and still had some fire stuff but need to watch again.
Missed Ars/Ave and Lux/ Verb can go either way...they both had parts in that battle that werent really hitting with me...especiallly after just watching Geechi/Surf...

Gonna watch the playback and make final judgements...overall I was happy with the card!

OP
OP
enzo_gt

enzo_gt

Oct 25, 2017
I just watched JJDD vs. Jakkboy and it's as bad of a look at possible for Jakkboy. WTF at that third round jump. He's gonna be a "loser gotta jump" punchline forever now. That 2nd from JJDD was VICIOUS. I don't think the first was as clear for JJDD as people made it sound to be, otherwise I'd call this a career-ender, but man, Jakkboy definitely missed his shot and is going to get punished for it. He fucked up an opportunity he didn't really even deserve.

His funk flex freestyle made me believe his pen is still god like. Battling ain't just rapping no more tho. It's crazy.
Def crazy. He might have the best Funk Flex freestyle of them all, I go back to it from time to time.

sbdesignworks

Nov 2, 2018
I just watched JJDD vs. Jakkboy and it's as bad of a look at possible for Jakkboy. WTF at that third round jump. He's gonna be a "loser gotta jump" punchline forever now. That 2nd from JJDD was VICIOUS. I don't think the first was as clear for JJDD as people made it sound to be, otherwise I'd call this a career-ender, but man, Jakkboy definitely missed his shot and is going to get punished for it. He fucked up an opportunity he didn't really even deserve.

Agree with everything you said regarding Jakkboy. He's had some good performances in the 'Banned' setting but it clearly shows that how Banned is shot helps him a great deal (Angles, lighting etc, smaller room). Word is that he wanted the lights to be off in the 3rd which I can believe..if it was something unplanned, why rap through it, and the lights came back on as soon as he jumped off stage... Silly, and when JJDD had such a great 2nd Round, just scrap the gimmicks and get through the battle smh.

JJDD'S 2nd round felt like a 3rd round ender..it was that powerful...and Tay Roc is clearly 2019 Hypeman of the year haha! "WTF IS THIS!!!" I was dying...and then he threw the watter bottle lmao! He doing a bit much sometimes but it added to JJDD's round and made things a lot worse.

I'll be surprised to see Jakkbo yagain on URL anytime soon...two main stage opportunities and has bombed horribly with both...as you say, never really deserved the shot in the 1st place...

Ninja_Hawk

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah, I think Jakk's first was actually solid and I think he deserved the shot. It makes sense that he was the next person to hit that stage. But he clearly wasn't ready and could've just taken the beating like a man and moved on, but he made it into a whole different thing now. Back to Ascension level, i'm sure he'll have another fire Banned or Born Legacy battle at some point.

Yo, Shine VS. Nitty is FUCKING CRAZY! The best K Shine, I think I have ever seen. On a writing and performance level, the battle is fucking hype.

This is a really close battle, i'm edging Nitty. But I could totally say K took this also. K's first was pretty crazy!

Last edited:
OP
OP
enzo_gt

enzo_gt

Oct 25, 2017
almost every URL battle is exclusive to the app now

CHAMPION is tainted by Anwar's terrible opinions

a dark age of battle rap has begun

EDIT: JC vs. Mike P has it's ups and downs but it's fire. Mike has moments. That God's Son/One Mic bar is insane, and that third was.. different. I respect it. 2-1 Mike P, but I can see it the other way because of his slip ups.

Last edited:

Ninja_Hawk

Oct 27, 2017
almost every URL battle is exclusive to the app now

CHAMPION is tainted by Anwar's terrible opinions

a dark age of battle rap has begun

EDIT: JC vs. Mike P has it's ups and downs but it's fire. Mike has moments. That God's Son/One Mic bar is insane, and that third was.. different. I respect it. 2-1 Mike P, but I can see it the other way because of his slip ups.
Dawg, Mike P VS. Drugz is CRAZY! Mike KILLED that shit! Also, signing up for the app yesterday was a horrible process that ended in emailing customer service for about an hour and making a second account. This thing needs serious work.

OP
OP
enzo_gt

enzo_gt

Oct 25, 2017
Dawg, Mike P VS. Drugz is CRAZY! Mike KILLED that shit! Also, signing up for the app yesterday was a horrible process that ended in emailing customer service for about an hour and making a second account. This thing needs serious work.
Yeah, I'm not signing up until everything is right, not putting myself through that.

Thirsty for that Mike P vs. Drugz though. Mike P always brings something different.

Ninja_Hawk

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah, I'm not signing up until everything is right, not putting myself through that.

Thirsty for that Mike P vs. Drugz though. Mike P always brings something different.
His pen and rapping ability is up there with the best on URL today. I know a lot of fans are wired to gun bars and punchlines, but I really hope people appreciate how skilled he is. He's the total package.

The best thing about the app is the content obviously (which will only be better the longer you wait to sign up) and there are......a lot of battles on this thing lol. Like i'm drowning in battles right now. Prez Mafia is back (again), I think he 30'd Holmzie. His first two rounds were nuts, great performance all the way through.

Last edited:

SageShinigami

Oct 27, 2017
I been missing most battle rap since the year started. If ya'll had to name the best battles of 2019, what would they be so I could check them out? Don't matter what league, there's no limit on the number so it could be five or 25.

Ninja_Hawk

Oct 27, 2017
I been missing most battle rap since the year started. If ya'll had to name the best battles of 2019, what would they be so I could check them out? Don't matter what league, there's no limit on the number so it could be five or 25.
Hitman/Bill Collector
Mike P/Drugz (Mike was WIGGING, and this was the best Drugz ever)
Hollow Da Don/Math Hoffa
K Shine/Rum Nitty
Dizaster/Danny Myers
Charron/A Ward
Ill WIll/ Serius Jones
Joe/Born
Pat Stay/Shotgun Suge
Geechi Gotti/Rum Nitty
Charron/Big Kannon

Not all of these are on Youtube right now, but these were the best battles i've seen this year.

Ninja_Hawk

Oct 27, 2017
Geechi VS. John John dropped on the App yesterday, the battle is crazy. Probably my favorite John John ever and Geechi is still amazingly consistent, he was wigging 2nd and 3rd. Fantastic battle.

sbdesignworks

Nov 2, 2018
Geechi VS. John John dropped on the App yesterday, the battle is crazy. Probably my favorite John John ever and Geechi is still amazingly consistent, he was wigging 2nd and 3rd. Fantastic battle.

Been hearing good things..and the swiftness at which the got the battle on the App might finally make me bite, and its really sounding like Geechi is trying to be Champion of the year again this year...I worry is he over saturating him self a bit now though...

Ninja_Hawk

Oct 27, 2017
Been hearing good things..and the swiftness at which the got the battle on the App might finally make me bite, and its really sounding like Geechi is trying to be Champion of the year again this year...I worry is he over saturating him self a bit now though...
Yup, Bigg K on Massacre and then Summer Imact. I thought I heard him say he was taking a break after Surf, but he's getting money and he's still been really good. But if he disappeared for a little bit or spaced out his battles more, I think it would help.

On the app real quick, honestly there are just so many battles on it that make it a great value. Like if you buy it right now, there is a ton of content up there that isn't on the YT channel. I can't complain about lack of battles. It definitely needs a lot of work, but the content available justifies the cost.

Shotgun/Trez just dropped.

Last edited:

sbdesignworks

Nov 2, 2018
On the app real quick, honestly there are just so many battles on it that make it a great value. Like if you buy it right now, there is a ton of content up there that isn't on the YT channel. I can't complain about lack of battles. It definitely needs a lot of work, but the content available justifies the cost.

Shotgun/Trez just dropped.

Deffo gonna peep the app soon, just gotta find a way to watch on my tv as I don't have chromecast...think I can put the apk on my fire stick...we'll see though!

Ninja_Hawk

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah, no app for me until there's an easy desktop solution.
Yeah, that's a big one. I definitely don't think they had the resources to pull that off, but that should've been the first thing they did. Everything should be accessible from their own website. It's pretty silly that the only way to watch battles on a big screen is to stream it from another device.

Somebody is WIGGING!

Last edited:

Ninja_Hawk

Oct 27, 2017

Smack killer strikes again. Decent performance from Twork, he really stretched those set ups out in his 3rd. Charron pretty much brought everything to the table.

OP
OP
enzo_gt

enzo_gt

Oct 25, 2017

Smack killer strikes again. Decent performance from Twork, he really stretched those set ups out in his 3rd. Charron pretty much brought everything to the table.

Man, Twork wasn't bad, but the separation in performances makes this a pseudo-body to me TBH. Charron is a monster, definitely still the Smack killer. There are so many damn quotables, jesus. If this was on Smack, it'd be SUCH a bad look for Twork, one of his clearest losses.

Gonna check out the Scotty battle next.

EDIT: Clearly beat Scotty too. That Eucharist bar, got damn.

Last edited:

Ninja_Hawk

Oct 27, 2017

FIRE battle! They both snapped and Madflex's flow is crazy.

Loso-Prep dropped on the app, solid battle. Prep lost pretty clearly though.

OP
OP
enzo_gt

enzo_gt

Oct 25, 2017
Charron vs. Rum Nitty announced for KOTD's Massacre 5, whew.

If there's any one of Smack's gunnas who can beat the Smack Killer, it might be Nitty.

EDIT:

Last edited:

Ninja_Hawk

Oct 27, 2017
Charron/Nitty is something I never would've thought of...Massacre is turning out to be a very solid card so far. Illmac/IllWill is another one I think is gonna be crazy.

OP
OP
enzo_gt

enzo_gt

Oct 25, 2017
Anyone watch all the Town Bidness battles? What are the best of the bunch?

That card looked dope but I haven't had enough time to watch battles these past few months.

OP
OP
enzo_gt

enzo_gt

Oct 25, 2017
Chess is replacing Surf in Gun Titles vs Loaded Hollows.

How do we feel about this?

I'd rather Calicoe or someone, Chess doesn't deserve this plate SMH.

Ninja_Hawk

Oct 27, 2017
Chess is replacing Surf in Gun Titles vs Loaded Hollows.

How do we feel about this?

I'd rather Calicoe or someone, Chess doesn't deserve this plate SMH.
Chess on what.. two weeks prep....lmao

....but good for him getting to battle hollow and lux. This could be very good or very bad.....goddamn Surf man

sbdesignworks

Nov 2, 2018
If Roc and Chess Vs Lux/Hollow was announced before hand I wouldn't have minded it at all and would have been looking forward to the match up...

Under the circumstances, given two weeks prep for Chess who's known to choke, I'm not so sure. A lotta alterations on bars etc on both sides, just seems like who can get through the smoothest on the night...Still a great card all in all, and Surf just can't stay outta jail smh...

OP
OP
enzo_gt

enzo_gt

Oct 25, 2017
Like Jayblac noted, worst part is that Gun Titles vs. Loaded Hollows is probably not happening now. This whole card was delayed until Gun Titles came back, and now Surf fucked it up.

I think Chess even has another card he's on the weekend before?

IDK, if Chess pulls it off, it'll be a miracle but this soiled a lot of my excitement for the card, even though it's an incredible card (save for Mook).

Ninja_Hawk

Oct 27, 2017
Watching the Mook/Cal-Brizz/Top face-off, i'm pretty sure the other option they were offered was Thesaurus and Illmac.

sbdesignworks

Nov 2, 2018
So Surf's out of jail....is Chess out...god I hope so.

Lol, sucks for Chess but hey, whatever! It's all a bit messy now though, as Loaded Hollows probably would have been flip flopping bars etc to go for Chess instead of Surf, should be fine though.

Also this is a pro and a con for Guntitles I feel. They will get extra love when Surf gets on stage and it will help but knowing hollow, he'll freestyle something about how did Surf got outta jail again so quickly, while Lux can go in about why he keeps going to jail in the 1st place...

Either way, looking forward to it!!!

Ninja_Hawk

Oct 27, 2017
NWX performance crazy! Deffo preference battle so far...
The material in this battle is RIDICULOUS. Yeah, there was no loser in this battle, battlerap definitely got a winner! Bravo. For real.

This event is fantastic so far. That last two battles are hits!

Marv and Quest got Detroit looking bad...real bad. I wasn't expecting this at all, Twork/Suge are bodying them. They haven't even spit their 3rd's and the battle is just OVER!

Lux and Hollow are currently living up to the hype! This is fantastic!

Lux-Hollow 2-1. Shame about the end of that second. Could've been a perfect performance.

Mook/Cal - Brizz/Top didn't go down at the event. URL definitely dropped the ball on that one.

Last edited:
OP
OP
enzo_gt

enzo_gt

Oct 25, 2017
Caught the VoDs but IMO a great event through and through.

I think NWX got Nitty and Geechi 2-1 though, Nitty and Geechi just had more (relatively) dry spots.

Twork and Suge definitely bodied Marv and Quest. They had a good first round but it just kind of fizzled from there. Marv is definitely still rhyming like the old days sometimes, and it shows.

Chess did his damn thing, that was a great battle. I think I got Lux/Hollow in the first and third.

JJDD/Hitman vs. Clips/Goodz was entertaining as well. Clips was HILARIOUS. Him and John John really stole the show. That one I have to rewatch, but I'm edging JJDD/Hitman 2-1 slightly.

Man, Jaz/O'fficial vs. 40/E.Hart took a turn. I think I may have edged 40 and E.Hart in the first until they started falling apart, like round after round it got worse. The constant talking/infighting sucks too, but it was obviously worse for 40 & E.Hart. I think 40s unpreparedness and E.Hart's lack of professionalism were equally bad TBH. Actually, 40 was unprofessional too. Shame, because she's among my favourite female MCs. Jaz still the GOAT tho.

Ninja_Hawk

Oct 27, 2017
Caught the VoDs but IMO a great event through and through.

I think NWX got Nitty and Geechi 2-1 though, Nitty and Geechi just had more (relatively) dry spots.

Twork and Suge definitely bodied Marv and Quest. They had a good first round but it just kind of fizzled from there. Marv is definitely still rhyming like the old days sometimes, and it shows.

Chess did his damn thing, that was a great battle. I think I got Lux/Hollow in the first and third.

JJDD/Hitman vs. Clips/Goodz was entertaining as well. Clips was HILARIOUS. Him and John John really stole the show. That one I have to rewatch, but I'm edging JJDD/Hitman 2-1 slightly.

Man, Jaz/O'fficial vs. 40/E.Hart took a turn. I think I may have edged 40 and E.Hart in the first until they started falling apart, like round after round it got worse. The constant talking/infighting sucks too, but it was obviously worse for 40 & E.Hart. I think 40s unpreparedness and E.Hart's lack of professionalism were equally bad TBH. Actually, 40 was unprofessional too. Shame, because she's among my favourite female MCs. Jaz still the GOAT tho.
Performance VS. Bars. Geechi/Nitty's material overall was far better. It just was lol. That was one of the most effective Tech 9 bars, and it was so simple. The Eric Bischoff (bitch off) bar....just ugh lol, they were dropping round enders on NWX.

JJ/Hitman VS. Clips/Goodz exceeded my expectations by quite a bit. JJ/Hitman were explosive, and Clips as you said, was hilarious. JJ/Hitman for sure.

I think E Hart should've teamed up with Hustle, like what was speculated....40 just shit the fucking bed.

plexxrock

Banned
Feb 19, 2019
the op suggestions of ''where to start'' are so fucking awful i find it hard to believe they are even sincere.

OP
OP
enzo_gt

enzo_gt

Oct 25, 2017
Performance VS. Bars. Geechi/Nitty's material overall was far better. It just was lol. That was one of the most effective Tech 9 bars, and it was so simple. The Eric Bischoff (bitch off) bar....just ugh lol, they were dropping round enders on NWX.

JJ/Hitman VS. Clips/Goodz exceeded my expectations by quite a bit. JJ/Hitman were explosive, and Clips as you said, was hilarious. JJ/Hitman for sure.

I think E Hart should've teamed up with Hustle, like what was speculated....40 just shit the fucking bed.
Agree with all of this. Geechi & Nitty we're still fire and it was close, more of a preference battle for sure.

the op suggestions of ''where to start'' are so fucking awful i find it hard to believe they are even sincere.
If you don't like JC vs. Chilla Jones or Aye Verb vs. Hitman Holla.. battle rap might not be for you.

That said, what would you suggest? It's hard to find good battles to get people into battle rap given how self-referential it is.

plexxrock

Banned
Feb 19, 2019
the ''list'' is 98% you blowing smack, as for not liking rapbattles? based on everything you've posted i'm gonna guess i'm probably 10 plus years your elder.

which puts your entry point in the written era, and mine all the way back to rap olympics and scribble jam.

not a single botb battle on that list? no saurus, no fresco, no soul, no bender or 24/7? no ness lee? (i can put 10-15 other names here aswell)

your example of a onesided shit kicking pales in comparasin to something like say caustic vs jefferson price or soul khan vs deacon frost or say sonny bamboo vs villun.