• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

texhnolyze

Oct 25, 2017
Indonesia

BUCKLE UP, BUTTERCUP: notmycar HITS STEAM EARLY ACCESS APRIL 5th

Exciting news, folks. We're gearing up to release vehicular battle royale game notmycar on April 5th!

It will be available for free on Steam Early Access come April 5th and we're hosting a Founders' Week launch day through April 12th. If you play during the first week of the game, you'll get an exclusive custom paint job for notmycar's one and only pick-up truck of punishment – The Beast. Stay tuned for more news to come until then!

https://store.steampowered.com/app/694720/notmycar/
Here's some gameplay from beta.

I feel like this is such the perfect genre for Twisted Metal to come back and make it big.

Skel1ingt0n

Oct 28, 2017
I love, love, love the idea... but that gameplay footage looks pretty meh and as "basic" as car combat can be.

Akauser

Oct 28, 2017
London
Why not just have a 60 car race with the last 3 eliminated at every 30 second interval. Kinda like the old arcade outrun style games.

5taquitos

Oct 27, 2017
OR
I think one of the issues is that car combat pretty much just comes down to circling and holding the fire button. And that's a genre issue, not just this game. But this looks boring as a result.

Avitus

Oct 25, 2017
The idea is strong but the execution is pretty bland. Twisted Metal would make for a great vehicle BR.

SaraNWrap

Alt account
Banned
Jan 30, 2019
As others have said, if this can scratch my Twisted Metal itch then I'm so incredibly in.

spineduke

Oct 25, 2017
yeah this looks bland, i would opt to make it much more contact based - give people giant swinging wrecking balls, sawblades and grappling hooks.

Mik2121

Oct 25, 2017
Japan
The idea is fun but the barren landscape ala PUBG (and even just looking at the map) puts me off badly.
Why can't we have something that is a bit more interesting than barren Eastern European war zone? Give me something, at least, like the desert in Mad Max or something colorful like in Rocket League, etc... :/

Actually, car design and modifications like in Mad Max could be amazing, with lots of possibilities for customization, and a bunch of personality.

Giga Man

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Well, the trailer's not wrong. Cars make things a lot more fun. Not sure about that gameplay montage, though.

TheDanger

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
yeah that looks kinda rough, like car combat in a regular game where you would just wish for the car combat section to be finally over.

SapientWolf

Nov 6, 2017
Looks like this'll be out tomorrow, for the low, low price of free. Hopefully this is the start of the car combat Renaissance.

GodofWine

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Remember Hardware Rivals....yea...that was cool for a week...vehicular combat seems fun...but it gets tired fast