• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

excaliburps

MP1ST
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
According to EA's Q2 financial report: http://investor.ea.com/releasedetail.cfm?ReleaseID=1046251

• The BattlefieldTM 1 community grew to more than 23.5 million players worldwide.
No idea if community means players here, or if it counts forum posts, etc. Still impressive though.

FYI: Saying I don't understand how EA refers to "community" here since if it has sold 23m copies, EA would surely send a proper press release about it. I guess, it counts dupe accounts? Beta participants?

Last edited:

manhack

Oct 27, 2017
I've gone back to Battlefield 1 this past week and having a ton of fun with some of the different modes. It really is a lot of fun.

Echo

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Mt. Whatever
Yeah I'm curious how they calculate this number. I'm on PS4 and at my playtimes I'm lucky to find 1 or 2 Operations servers. Maybe 4-5 Conquest. (US)

Odrion

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
How is the game's weapon variety and unlocks these days? I was a little disappointed at how little there was in the base game.

orthodoxy1095

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Yeah I'm curious how they calculate this number. I'm on PS4 and at my playtimes I'm lucky to find 1 or 2 Operations servers. Maybe 4-5 Conquest. (US)
That's not right, it's certainly more than that at any point in time.
I was thinking of picking up the Revolution edition to get back into the game...but are Operations actually totally dead? What are the real numbers? That was pretty much all I played when I first owned the game at launch...

OP
OP
excaliburps

excaliburps

MP1ST
Verified
Oct 25, 2017

That's a bug though. I always get into empty Operation servers. I usually close the game, boot it up again and it works.

Echo

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Mt. Whatever
That's not right, it's certainly more than that at any point in time.

No it's pretty accurate. I play between 03:00 and 06:00 because I'm a night person but still...

Like when the new Russia DLC came out it was a different story, but now that some weeks have passed? Eh, player retention seems weird.

Edit: I join and search for games exclusively through the server browser if that makes a difference?

ComputerBlue

Oct 25, 2017
I was thinking of picking up the Revolution edition to get back into the game...but are Operations actually totally dead? What are the real numbers? That was pretty much all I played when I first owned the game at launch...

95% of what I play is Operations and never have issues getting into a full 64 player server, it's almost instant as well.

Oct 27, 2017

That post was wrong. BF1 gets 30-50k concurrent players every day, the majority of those players are from NA or EU playing during the prime time. The idea that there are only 350 people in the US across the most popular modes (Conquest and Operations) on PC at any point is stupid. That being said, DICE are constantly messing with BF1 UI and matchmaking, so it is possible that the server browser is not reading the data correctly.

OP
OP
excaliburps

excaliburps

MP1ST
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
No it's pretty accurate. I play between 03:00 and 06:00 because I'm a night person but still...

Like when the new Russia DLC came out it was a different story, but now that some weeks have passed? Eh, player retention seems weird.

Edit: I join and search for games exclusively through the server browser if that makes a difference?

Use Quick Match or just click Operations. I don't use the server browser given how it's always weird. xD

Jamie

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
Use Quick Match or just click Operations. I don't use the server browser given how it's always weird. xD
I agree about the server browser, it doesn't seem to function correctly for me. I always seem to get empty servers, but if I use the "quick" feature,i'm in a game right away with tons of people. Hopefully they'll fix it sometime so it's actually useful.

OP
OP
excaliburps

excaliburps

MP1ST
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
I agree about the server browser, it doesn't seem to function correctly for me. I always seem to get empty servers, but if I use the "quick" feature,i'm in a game right away with tons of people. Hopefully they'll fix it sometime so it's actually useful.

Yep. No idea why. DICE games are always buggy. They make some fun and awesome games, but lots of bugs.