• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

ItsBobbyDarin

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Egyptian residing in Denmark
I thought I heard that slogan before somewhere else...

Halo2_E3demo25.jpg

Deleted member 1726

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I wonder if they will make their battle royale mode free to play and an attempt to up-sell people to the full product.

I'd honestly be surprised if they didn't do this! I mean in Fortnite it's the perfect system, free to play but with cosmetics only, and they rake it in, whether these could be trusted to not put non cosmetic items in though is another matter entirely.

Same with CoD, offer that hit for free to hook people. I am not sure how it would go down with the fan base who paid though as I'm sure some people would kick up a fuss!

Daschiel

Oct 28, 2017
From the Battlefield 1 Easter Egg Discord:

rsDIXYa.png

Leads to a page on the official EA website: https://www.ea.com/neverbethesame

uYFna8L.png

Easter egg in question:

(if it isn't working: https://streamable.com/92ph2)

Looks like about as official a trailer teaser as we're going to get. Slogan seems to be "Battlefield will never be the same."

Let the speculation begin.

Hmmm ok, let's see Hmmmmmm I know season pass 2, after the success of BF1 with WW1, now they will move to WW2, new maps, new weapons, new *loot boxes*(highlighted), everyone will get 5 maps for free and the rest will be on the season pass year 2. No news on the next battlefield yet this year since it's a work in progress and will be disclosed at a different date and time. Am I being realistic enough?

OP
OP

Deleted member 24118

Oct 29, 2017
I kind of wonder if the "never be the same" is more a sendoff to WWI, with the picture being a horse painting run over by treads, then anything regarding the next game.

haveheart

Oct 25, 2017
Do you think they chose that font and background color deliberately?

The font would fit BF1's right? But the blue/orange color scheme wouldn't really fit WWII...

Lost

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Why not wait until E3 :/ ? I don't understand companies announcing games right before E3!

Don't know if anyone has answered this yet, but news sites around E3 are, obviously, extremely packed with news.

And it is hard to get maximum exposure when new stuff is being shown back-to-back-to-back and the headlines are constantly changing.

It gives a chance for the video to be #1 Trending on YouTube for a bit, I'm sure.

Also, it gives a chance to skip the actual announcement of a game at E3 & get right to a trailer or something.

Deleted member 11093

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Strange slogan, if it's WW2 then.. yeah we did get more than one world war BF game in the past.

Maybe they're referring to the inclusion of battle toyale or third person view option or something new to the series?

No_Face

Dec 18, 2017
Brigerbad, Switzerland
Really excited for this one, Battlefield is the only multiplayer shooter I'm interested in. Fingers crossed for WW2 personally. The teaser is gonna be glorious either way, Dice really know how to piece together a good trailer. Hype!

WillyFive

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Hmmm ok, let's see Hmmmmmm I know season pass 2, after the success of BF1 with WW1, now they will move to WW2, new maps, new weapons, new *loot boxes*(highlighted), everyone will get 5 maps for free and the rest will be on the season pass year 2. No news on the next battlefield yet this year since it's a work in progress and will be disclosed at a different date and time. Am I being realistic enough?

Battlefield is too mainstream a franchise to not release a new game this year. They are not going to continue supporting BF1 like Ubisoft does with their games.

zeknurn

Oct 25, 2017
A nice call back would be to recreate the BF1942 intro in ingame BF2018 and release a Wake Island multiplayer demo right after the conference.

IgnotumCL

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Really excited for this one, Battlefield is the only multiplayer shooter I'm interested in. Fingers crossed for WW2 personally. The teaser is gonna be glorious either way, Dice really know how to piece together a good trailer. Hype!

and as you can see, everything in the first trailer looks like the game with all its content

iRAWRasaurus

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
i wonder if that painting has any real life counter parts that could give a clue or something.

zeknurn

Oct 25, 2017
i wonder if that painting has any real life counter parts that could give a clue or something.

Here's my guess

The trailer starts with a shot of the painting lying on the ground and yet another somber cover of a popular song is playing. The camera starts to zoom out and the painting gets run over by a German on a motorcycle. The camera continues to zoom out and you see a couple of of Americans in a Jeep chasing the German. The camera completely zooms out and reveals 128 players all over a massive map of Normandy and the title Battlefield: Royale is shown.

Keasar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Umeå, Sweden
"Never be the same."

Until the next sequel where they go modern warfare and then the next 6 titles will all be modern warfare as well.

Deleted member 11093

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
"Never be the same."

Until the next sequel where they go modern warfare and then the next 6 titles will all be modern warfare as well.
This got me thinking.
It could be very possible that we're gonna have to wait for 2022 until we get a Battlefield 4 successor, considering that the next Battlefield game after this one is probably Bad Company 3 in 2020.
8 fucking years between BF4 and "BF5", that's gonna be a looooong ass wait for those people who prefer the mainline series set in modern times.

OP
OP

Deleted member 24118

Oct 29, 2017
This got me thinking.
It could be very possible that we're gonna have to wait for 2022 until we get a Battlefield 4 successor, considering that the next Battlefield game after this one is probably Bad Company 3 in 2020.
8 fucking years between BF4 and "BF5", that's gonna be a looooong ass wait for those people who don't prefer the mainline series set in modern times.

Not as long as the wait between Battlefield 1942 and Battlefield 1. The vast, vast majority of BF games are modern setting.

Before you say it no, 1943 is not a mainline title.

Shifty Capone

Oct 27, 2017
Los Angeles
If they do BR.. BF goes TPS? People love BR for the TPS casualness and peaking around corners. FPS PUBG is the tryhard stressful version nobody likes.

Where did this sentiment come from? FP is easily the best mode in PuBG. That's my opinion, sure, but it seems like a lot of people agree. Id say it is a pretty good split between TPS/FPS.

On a related note, BR in a battlefield game has me so excited. A AAA BR game is what I've been waiting for. Battlefield seems to fit it perfectly. As much as I love PuBG, the shooting just isn't as good as other games. Going to be real interesting to see how they implement it.

Any guesses to how many maps? Going to be a few or will they try and procedurally generate drops for all their maps?

Keasar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Umeå, Sweden
This got me thinking.
8 fucking years between BF4 and "BF5", that's gonna be a looooong ass wait for those people who prefer the mainline series set in modern times.
For all I care they could wait till the end of time. The last thing I want is another modern war title.

I want Cold War or 2043. :(