• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Se_7_eN

Oct 25, 2017
BATTLEFIELD Vietnam could very well be our next game with ties to the Korean War.

The website is "Never Be The Same".

There is a story on the Delta Company Vietnam veterans titled "We've never been the same". On top of that, there is the legendary "Battle of White Horse" (during the Korean War) and the 9th Infantry Division of S.Korea (titled "White Horse") fought in Vietnam and the Korean War. There is a painting of a white horse in the Easter Egg room.
horsepainting.jpg.adapt.crop191x100.1200w.jpg

Hidden One

Oct 26, 2017
❔❔❔
BATTLEFIELD Vietnam could very well be our next game with ties to the Korean War.

There is a story on the Delta Company Vietnam veterans titled "We've never been the same". On top of that, there is the legendary "Battle of White Horse" (during the Korean War) and the 9th Infantry Division of S.Korea (titled "White Horse") fought in Vietnam and the Korean War. There is a painting of a white horse in the Easter Egg room.
Bad Company 3 pls

Deleted member 11093

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
It's gonna be WW2 people.. makes sense form a financial standpoint too considering that they could save development time by reusing assets from Battlefield 1, which is something DICE has already done before with BF3 and BF4.

For all I care they could wait till the end of time. The last thing I want is another modern war title.

I want Cold War or 2043. :(
Blasphemy!

I'm all for all sorts of other settings, even settings as wild as steampunk/cyberpunk, but still, by 2020-2022 I'm probably gonna be thirsty as fuck for a mainline modern day title. I came back to Battlefield 4 a couple of weeks ago and boy did the visuals, the destruction and gameplay not age well in comparison with BF1's.

There are a lot of things that DICE got right with Battlefield 1 that I didn't fully appreciate until I went back to 4, from eliminating players who waste tanks and aircraft to small QoL gameplay improvements like being able to climb fences and being able to skip getting revived in chaotic areas.

Last edited:

II JumPeR I

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Germany
Somebody has to properly explain to me how Battle Royale, in any way, fits into the Battlefield template? Especially if a WW2 battlefield?

Are you going to play as Japanese soldiers stranded on an island after the war, not realising its finished and its a case of survival by shooting and eating the other 99?
It really doesnt fit into Battlefield. People who say so probably havent played Battlefield in a while.
I hope DICE doesnt waste resources for such mode.

Supreme Leader Galahad

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 27, 2017
Brazil
It really doesnt fit into Battlefield. People who say so probably havent played Battlefield in a while.
I hope DICE doesnt waste resources for such mode.
It does fit but i think there will be no solos and duos only squads and of course some changes would have to be made in terms of vehicle selection and UI for on the fly attachments change etc. Even then BF large scale warfare fits BR, just not the usual BR. Ive been a veteran since BC2, as if that would matter to analyze the possibilities of a BR mode for a game.

Jack Scofield

Oct 27, 2017
This is the easer egg that people have been trying to solve for over a year now, right? It's pretty funny how the end result is a video game version of "Be sure to drink your Ovaltine!"

TheVoidDragon

Jan 16, 2018
Has anyone managed to find the original source for this painting? I've seen someone mention it's a painting by a Polish artist in 1942, but no source was given.

Odrion

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
if it's WW2 please bring over all of the oddball WW1 guns from BF1. I don't want to say goodbye to the Perino ;_;

Saint-14

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
I wonder if they will let players use vehicles in the BR mode, it would be interesting if we could use tanks and planes with some limitations of course.

defaltoption

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Austin
Awesome, the people who take the time to coordinate and find these things are crazy but I commend them. And it's really cool when devs do things like this.

RoninStrife

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I hope for a WW2 setting. I am craving for an operation map with D-day.
Another Battlefield without jets or heli's.. and considering most of the infantry weapons are so samey from WW1-WW2, Assault Rifles and true LMG's would be absent again, not to mention the absence of proper gun attachments again.. not sure I would like that very much.

ItsBobbyDarin

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Egyptian residing in Denmark
Another Battlefield without jets or heli's.. and considering most of the infantry weapons are so samey from WW1-WW2, Assault Rifles and true LMG's would be absent again, not to mention the absence of proper gun attachments again.. not sure I would like that very much.

Tommy gun, BAR, STG44, PPSH, to name a few guns.
P51 mustangs, zero fighters, spitfires, Stukas, just to name a few aircraft.

It would be awesome!

Now, someone posted this on reddit.

"Never be the same" slogan, as the designer of the Atomic Bomb J.R.Oppenheimer says, "the world will never be the same".
Next, the WHITE HORSE has a lot of significance to WW2. Japanese Emperor Hirohito had one, and the horse is also called a MUSTANG. Whats also a Mustang? P-51 American fighter planes.
Months ago, we had also the artwork of a PPSH done by a DICE employee.
Dice said that we will again have War stories single player, which implies to different parts of the world in a big conflict, like WW2.
Lastly, we have the "leaks" who all say World War 2.
All of this could be bullshit and the game could be fucking Roman Empire but they are, somewhat useful things."

RoninStrife

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Tommy gun, BAR, STG44, PPSH, to name a few guns.
P51 mustangs, zero fighters, spitfires, Stukas, just to name a few aircraft.

It would be awesome!

Now, someone posted this on reddit.

"Never be the same" slogan, as the designer of the Atomic Bomb J.R.Oppenheimer says, "the world will never be the same".
Next, the WHITE HORSE has a lot of significance to WW2. Japanese Emperor Hirohito had one, and the horse is also called a MUSTANG. Whats also a Mustang? P-51 American fighter planes.
Months ago, we had also the artwork of a PPSH done by a DICE employee.
Dice said that we will again have War stories single player, which implies to different parts of the world in a big conflict, like WW2.
Lastly, we have the "leaks" who all say World War 2.
All of this could be bullshit and the game could be fucking Roman Empire but they are, somewhat useful things."

Yeah aeroplanes are cool and all in Battlefield but Im not sure hiw they could make it fresh enough for a new WW2 Battlefield.We've kind of seen it all.
Unless its like a secret weapons kind of Battlefield again.
And yeah there were guns in WW2 that were different from WW1 but again, I want there to be a bigger variety in the game, like we got in Battlefield 3 and 4. Not Gun A, B,C are the same ones with scope, no scope, iron sights etc. I feel BF1 got way to casual with how they handled that.

Would hope they went into the Korean War, China, Russia, North and South Korea and the US. Atleast jets will be in..
Never enjoyed the dogfighting in BF1 as much as Battlefield 3 and 4.

Se_7_eN

Oct 25, 2017
There's already a BF game called Battlefield Vietnam though. I doubt they'd straight-up recycle the name like that.

I am not saying that the title would be Battlefield Vietnam, just that the V with 5 matches.... Since I believe it will also involve the Korean war, it most likely wouldn't single out Vietnam.

Either way, I am excited for another BATTLEFIELD game, always am. It is the only FPS that I will buy every release with the season pass.

Kas'

Oct 26, 2017
I can't wait to see what they do. It just better have regular 64 player conquest and not be solely a Battle Royale game.

Deleted member 1190

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Praying to god it isn't set in the past

And I'm praying its not modern combat again, as that is bland and boring.

Let's compromise and go to the future. With Titans.

This is the easer egg that people have been trying to solve for over a year now, right? It's pretty funny how the end result is a video game version of "Be sure to drink your Ovaltine!"

No, this is a one off that was discovered on Monday, and solved last night. It was not part of the big one.

SweetNicole

The Old Guard
Oct 24, 2017

AGQG4FJ.gif

Deleted member 11093

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
My god people on r/Battlefield are going nuts with their wacky ass paint analysis.
DICE needs to leak that trailer early.

Jan 10, 2018
This goes in line with the inside info that Levelcap talked about in his most recent video. His source didn't reveal anything specific, but he/she said that the next Battlefield will be the first in the series that will really change what the brand stands for. So maybe some very fundamental changes are happening to the formula?

DaciaJC

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
This goes in line with the inside info that Levelcap talked about in his most recent video. His source didn't reveal anything specific, but he/she said that the next Battlefield will be the first in the series that will really change what the brand stands for. So maybe some very fundamental changes are happening to the formula?

Great, now I'm proper terrified.

faceless

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
can they really say 'never be the same' after BF1 was already that due to how they fucked up the conquest scoring system?

neon/drifter

Shit Shoe Wasp Smasher
Apr 3, 2018
So wait, does that mean we're NOT getting a WWII game? Great now my expectations are nebulous! wtf

potatohead

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Earthbound
War will never be the same in a historical context means either WW1 or WW2.

WW2 should be the bigger difference of "never be the same" since that is when tanks and air superiority became much different. And given that Battlefield 1 is already WW1 makes it even more likely that it is referring to WW2, which is more commonly referred to as when war changed the most.

Also the image crossing out the horse to me means the replacement of the horse with the tank.

That might be all wrong, but that's what I would guess, and I would also like BF to hit back into WW2.....

And please eventually make a Command & Conquer themed one omg how many times do I have to ask...... every time I post about Battlefield I will post that haha.

The korean war thought versus Vietnam is interesting.

I'm more inclined to the treadmarks on the picture to be tank treads atm.

EatChildren

Wonder from Down Under
Oct 27, 2017

If true, it's worrying, because I'm not confident DICE or EA know how to implement dramatic change without gutting the identity.

I'm all for embracing change and progress in the series, or any series for that matter. Keep it fresh. I'm very keen for World War II Battlefield again, but I'd also be open for an entirely new time period or conflict. What concerns me is how frequently dramatic change equates to taking a knife to the guts of the series identity. Battlefield is and always has been, warts and all, pretty unique in the gaming landscape. It has no real competitors, and Conquest Large is the beating heart of a unique design template. In short; if Conquest Large were to be undermined or removed in favour of something else, even if that something else was plenty enjoyable as it were, I'd be disappointed to see the series totally reshape its identity under the guise of doing something new. Bad Company is a perfect example - excellent series, but it's not mainline Battlefield. The map design and flow of matches is very different. It's an excellent side series, preferable to some for good reasons, but in no way an adequate replacement to the mainline Conquest Large.

I just hope Conquest Large is still the focus of Battlefield V. I also hope they do some cool new shit and I'm down with experimental concepts. I understand that it must be tiring working on the same formula for years and years. And I understand the need to keep the formula fresh. Just don't kill the identity.

Deleted member 11093

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
They're probably adding third person view servers, making Battlefield both a first person and third person series ala Battlefront.

That's the only way I could see all of this making sense. What else are they gonna do?

Are they really his source? because I'm pretty sure him and others pretty much got to see and play Battlefield 1 months before it was officially revealed.

Freedonia

Oct 27, 2017
I am always ready for more Battlefield! I don't even care which era they go with, as long as the gunplay better resembles BF3 / 4, rather than BF1 (still not crazy about the random bullet spread, though I can appreciate what Dice was going for in terms of balancing the classes). I reinstalled BF4 recently and have been having a blast switching between that and BF1, even found a new appreciation for the hardcore mode which I never gave a fair shot before in any other BF title - it's actually a pretty solid substitute for not having Squad on console.

As far as the image is concerned, my first thought was General Patton riding a white horse - so I'm guessing WW2, which would match what most of the leaks suggested, and it seems the most likely considering the recent additions Dice has been making to BF1. That said, I am really seeing the potential for a Korean War entry and would have to see that explored in an expansion.

WillyFive

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Battlefield always goes through drastic changes.

Going from the classic series (1942 - 2142) to the Bad Company series (BC1, BC2, BF3, 4, Hardline) changed the series in a massive fundamental way.

And it happened again with BF1, which was very different from any from before.

This is not even counting spinoffs like Heroes or the console version of BF2.

I hope the changes DICE makes are good, but I don't like the direction they have been going.