• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Klyka

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
LwKg5WG.png

Pretty crazy for a game from 2016 really.
As the graph shows, it went from about 8k concurrent players peak per day to now almost 50k since the sale began.

megamanofnumbers

▲ Legend ▲
Banned
Apr 28, 2022
Maybe this was always the plan. EA makes a weakly received Battlefield game, then makes a follow up so much worse that people look back at the previous iteration with far more nostalgic comfort.

My sources are I made it the fuck up.

deft

Oct 27, 2017
I wonder how much of the uptick is from the release of All Quiet On The Western Front

elenarie

Game Developer
Verified
Jun 10, 2018
Was a pretty strong sale from what I noticed, the full package being something like 5 EUR or whatever.

Oct 27, 2017
BF1 is one of the best BF games in terms of just crazy chaotic atmosphere.

If you have it on Origin already does it activate on Steam? Might just get it on Steam anyway seeing as its $5 right now...

Nateo

Oct 27, 2017
And to think the Battlefield franchise could have been something. Kinda sad seeing the previous 3 releases all have more players than the newest, but at the same time its for the best I guess.

Duncan

Oct 25, 2017
that game was so unique and awesome

but lol why is this happening

oh fuck there's sale, oh I'm buying this. AHHH fuck i don't want to grind for those guns when I did that Game Pass PC.

Infernostew

Oct 25, 2017
New Jersey
Best Battlefield game that's not BC2. The sale plus the popularity of All Quiet on the Western Front is probably driving sales. Wish DICE would add PS and Xbox crossplay to the game.

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
I have a friend who plays this every day still since 2016. It's the only game he plays. When he is online he is always playing it.

Condwiramurs

Nov 10, 2020
BF1 is one of the best BF games in terms of just crazy chaotic atmosphere.

If you have it on Origin already does it activate on Steam? Might just get it on Steam anyway seeing as its $5 right now...
the steam version will be a separate entry in your origin library but using the same player account
it would only make sense to buy it if you dont have the DLC already

Exposure

Oct 25, 2017
and thus continues my continued confusion as to what the fandom's feelings towards BF1 is supposed to be

feels like every six months there's a switch between general opinion being "in hindsight this game did all the wrong gameplay things and should've been a warning sign" and "this was great and should've been how every other game was like"

(I mean I know it's because it depends on whether it's the casual side or the hardcore side of the fandom being more vocal that day, hence why BFV goes through a similar thing. :v)

HiLife

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
It's the best BF game for sure. I bounce between 1 and 5 but 1 is something else.

Loxley

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Shame this and BFV will never get updated to have cross play :(

Pankratous

Oct 26, 2017
Shame it's pretty much unplayable on the bigger maps that include planes. Since there's no reliable way to kill them they just stay in the air and go 200-0 every game.

xtib81

Mar 10, 2019
Amazing that it's still going strong. The game is pretty much dead on ps5 as far as I know but I'm still playing BF5 weekly. I really hope they mix bf1 and 5 in their next game.

Infernostew

Oct 25, 2017
New Jersey
Shame this and BFV will never get updated to have cross play :(
They'd probably fuck it up and add PC players in too and destroy the game with cheaters.

Shame it's pretty much unplayable on the bigger maps that include planes. Since there's no reliable way to kill them they just stay in the air and go 200-0 every game.
AA guns, AA arty truck, burton fire bullets, AA rocket gun, a good pilot on your team... yeah, a good pilot is gonna be super OP but if you have a squad that knows what they're doing you can bully pilots

jokkir

Oct 25, 2017
I didn't even know there was a sale. Does it run on Steam Deck or are there issues with anti-cheat? I might just xcloud it or play on the Xbox

Pankratous

Oct 26, 2017
They'd probably fuck it up and add PC players in too and destroy the game with cheaters.

AA guns, AA arty truck, burton fire bullets, AA rocket gun, a good pilot on your team... yeah, a good pilot is gonna be super OP but if you have a squad that knows what they're doing you can bully pilots

In my experience the AA emplacements are all destroyed in the first two minutes of the game and become impossible to repair because you just get killed by the pilot and/or snipers when trying.

I can't recall an AA truck... been a damn while since I played though. Was that a later addition?

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
and thus continues my continued confusion as to what the fandom's feelings towards BF1 is supposed to be

feels like every six months there's a switch between general opinion being "in hindsight this game did all the wrong gameplay things and should've been a warning sign" and "this was great and should've been how every other game was like"

(I mean I know it's because it depends on whether it's the casual side or the hardcore side of the fandom being more vocal that day, hence why BFV goes through a similar thing. :v)

Overall BF1 was loved. Sure it was more "casual". But i think the hardcore crowd accepted it in the end because of the huge playerbase, best selling BF game to date and that atmosphere was great in it.

BFV just got hated on from the beginning. And it kinda never got away from it. Even when they changed things before launch.
I think most people agree that gunplay and movement wise its maybe the best BF game. Just some things didnt make it "fun" like Atrition.
Then the game had its issues also with player spotting at the start. Impossible to see sometimes players on a map background and dark rooms. All didnt help it. Big thing also. It didnt feel like WW2 in the end. Not even a skins thing. Just the maps. It didnt feel like WW2. Didnt had famous locations really also. All didnt help. It plays great still. Thats why many still play it for sure

Overall its a issue that every BF game keeps trying to reinvent the wheel. With design leads everytime who have their own idea of what is a great BF game.
Most logical thing would have been after BF1 was. Make the same but in WW2. Even more when BF1 was the best selling BF to date. But BFV was a totally different game. And when it wasnt succesfull they dropped support. Then BF2042 happened. With a totally new idea also. so thats the pattern lately.
Hope the leadership helps the game and franchise. Stop trying to follow COD. BF never will reach those heights. So stop chasing it. Make good BF games and know what makes BF games great. There is still nothing like it when its well done.