• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Captjohnboyd

Oct 25, 2017
Finally picked this up on sale in anticipation of V. I hadn't had a PS4 for a while until recently so it's nice to get back into my favorite franchise. Learning curve hasn't been too steep but it's been a couple years since I played 4 so I'm definitely a little rusty

Holy shit the match load times though. It's insane

If anyone wants to leave their PSN ID I'll hit them up and we can squad up/you can give me pointers (I'm only at like level 4 right now lol)

Captjohnboyd

Oct 25, 2017
Just gonna bump this really quick. Looking for anyone to squad up on PS4. No one seems to use the mic in any of the matches I've been in since picking this up

Ghostavus

Nov 16, 2017
I have been in a weird spot with Battlefield 1. I enjoy it but I just have not clicked with any of the weapon selections.

In BC, BC2, 1943, 3, 4, and even Hardline I was solid with SMG and M4's and etc, but I just can't seem to find a sweet spot in BF1.

Does anyone have any recommendations on good choices for mid to high rate of fire weapons for medic or assault classes? Preferably auto.

terrible

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
The Fedorov is very mediocre to be honest, it's just easier to use than most of the other medic guns. It's your only decent option for an automatic as Medic though.

Deleted member 31423

Account closed at user request
Banned
Nov 6, 2017
The Fedorov is very mediocre to be honest, it's just easier to use than most of the other medic guns. It's your only decent option for an automatic as Medic though.

I wouldnt call it mediocre. Not at medium range with its clip size and recoil. Ive certainly achieved quite a few kills with its 3 different variants with only moderate use.

As for the assault class. The ribeyrolles will be the one you'll want to try. The thompson and automatico have a higher rate of fire but very heavy recoil. The ribeyrolle has lower recoil and a bipod. Though my fav is the automatico of the three.

Ghostavus

Nov 16, 2017
I wouldnt call it mediocre. Not at medium range with its clip size and recoil. Ive certainly achieved quite a few kills with its 3 different variants with only moderate use.

As for the assault class. The ribeyrolles will be the one you'll want to try. The thompson and automatico have a higher rate of fire but very heavy recoil. The ribeyrolle has lower recoil and a bipod. Though my fav is the automatico of the three.

Thanks! I'm hoping to hop on and test these all out today. Fingers crossed.

terrible

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto

CQC the Autoloading 8 .35, Autoloading 8 .25 Extended, and RSC Optical outclass it. Technically even the Rigotti does by a tiny amount. At mid to long range even more medic guns outclass it.

Ease of use does make it a gun worth recommending to a lot of players though especially if you want to run and gun. It's very forgiving when you strafe and hip fire. I've got a 3.3 kills per minute with it (highest of all my primaries afaik) because I've used it when I want to play aggressively but up against good players it's not something I like using.

Deleted member 31423

Account closed at user request
Banned
Nov 6, 2017
Well im a rusher so when playing as a medic. I dont want to use anything else in close quarters. And like you said, its easy to use. So the other dude who wants an automatic medic weapon. Thats the one he should start with and then try the other self loading rifles.

Jimnymebob

Oct 26, 2017
I have BF1 Revolution digital on PS4, but had to delete it to make room for something.
I've come to reinstall it, and I can't figure out which download contains the Lawrence of Arabia rifle.

Starfire22

Banned
May 5, 2018
Oklahoma
Anyone here still play this game? I would imagine that most would flock to BF5, but in case any of you still do play BF1, my EA Origin name is StarFire_MkIII.

Roy

Oct 27, 2017

Not loading for me, what it says?

Also, does anybody know what's going on with Grand Operations? It's always been that when you select Operations from the main menu it put you into 64 player Grand Operations but now I'm being put into Shock Operations which is only 20 vs 20.

Are they shutting off BF1 servers and making room for BFV?

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017

Also, does anybody know what's going on with Grand Operations? It's always been that when you select Operations from the main menu it put you into 64 player Grand Operations but now I'm being put into Shock Operations which is only 20 vs 20.

25 battlepacks for everyone.

Raide

Banned
Oct 31, 2017

I seem to be getting the same thing. Not very grand.

Serpens007

Well, Tosca isn't for everyone
Oct 31, 2017
Chile
Finally jumped into this game thanks to Origin Access on PC, enjoyed the whole weekend. TTK is a bit too low to my taste, but it's still fun.

Does no one play Grand Operations anymore? I kind of wanted to play those stories but couldn't find servers.

Any advice for new player? I enjoy playing as any class, which is a first for a BF game, I normally stick to one

MrH

Banned
Nov 3, 2017
I picked this up for £4 but it's running so badly for me, the game hitches terribly, it'll just micro freezing causing the frame rate to plummet, then it'll jump up again. Is this a known issue? I'm rocking a GTX 1080. 8600k @ 4.8GHz, 16GB DDR4 3200MHz, SSD so it should be perfect. It'll run at like 200fps until it starts hitching.

Last edited:

Serpens007

Oct 31, 2017
Chile
That's weird.

I barely have any problems, but sometimes I have to drop post-process quality from ultra to high to avoid that kind of drops in certain moments. Thoguh DX12 gives me more trouble and I think it's because I only have 8gb of ram (running a 1060 6gb though, so your performace is weird)

MrH

Banned
Nov 3, 2017
That's weird.

I barely have any problems, but sometimes I have to drop post-process quality from ultra to high to avoid that kind of drops in certain moments. Thoguh DX12 gives me more trouble and I think it's because I only have 8gb of ram (running a 1060 6gb though, so your performace is weird)

Yeah something is very wrong, it's not normal frame rate issues as my frame rate is very high, it just constantly jolts/hitches which causes large frame rate loss. Every other game runs perfectly.

Serpens007

Oct 31, 2017
Chile
Tried DX11 and 12, and I'm using the latest driver :/ It's the same on low and ultra preset too.

Then there must be something going on in the background. Do you monitor the game with Afterburner or something? Maybe you could see what's the problem. Maybe there is something else also running in the background crippling your performance

MrH

Banned
Nov 3, 2017
Then there must be something going on in the background. Do you monitor the game with Afterburner or something? Maybe you could see what's the problem. Maybe there is something else also running in the background crippling your performance

It seems I've got it working, it just takes a minute or two to load everything and then it stops hitching, apart from the odd drop when big explosions go off. It was some option to limit the GPU in the advanced menu, I turned that off.

I have to say, I'm enjoying it, the gunplay is excellent, the audio is incredible and looks great. I think I'll buy the new one next month. I made a little clip of me sniping, it feels so good in this game. https://gfycat.com/hardelasticfawn

Serpens007

Oct 31, 2017
Chile
It seems I've got it working, it just takes a minute or two to load everything and then it stops hitching, apart from the odd drop when big explosions go off. It was some option to limit the GPU in the advanced menu, I turned that off.

I have to say, I'm enjoying it, the gunplay is excellent, the audio is incredible and looks great. I think I'll buy the new one next month. I made a little clip of me sniping, it feels so good in this game. https://gfycat.com/hardelasticfawn

Great! That's good to hear. I also started the game last week and I cannot wait to keep playing lol

WillyFive

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Wonder how this keeps decent numbers but older cods are dead on PC?

Battlefield games are not yearly occurrences, they get a lot of post-launch support (BF1 was supported with new maps and content for almost 2 years, same for BF4), and their gameplay (for the most part) hasn't been simplified too much for the console crowd that it has alienated most of the PC audience.

MrH

Banned
Nov 3, 2017
It seems cheating is a big problem on PC? Almost every game I join there's at least one on either team. Just last game we had a nazi flag totting guy with a 100+ kills when everyone else was on around 20. He'd just instantly kill you every time. I hope it's just because it's at end of life and won't be like this in BFV at launch.

MrH

Banned
Nov 3, 2017
I'm about 12 hours deep now and I'm really enjoying BF1, apart from the vechiles which are really annoying to die to. I'm enjoying rushing with Assault as well as sitting back and sniping so I switch a lot during a match. It's not my first FPS so my aim is good, it's just all the Battlefield mechnics that are taking time to learn, as well as the maps. The more I play the better I feel about impulse buying BFV as I think it'll be a lot of fun.

Nemesis121

Nov 3, 2017
Shocker BFV early access today, first game just now ran into a hacker who claim he didn't hack spectate him and he's clearly hacking lol....it was a good $5, time to GTFO...

Ste

Banned
Jun 8, 2018
England
Going to play this through today to mark the end of the great war. Its free this month on xbox if anyone wants to, also.

Nemesis121

Nov 3, 2017
I wish i could get my $5 back this is the worst BF game ever made, last post in here, i hit uninstall will wait for BFV sale...