• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Which one did u prefer

• Battlefield 2042

Votes: 163 16.4%
  • Halo Infinite

Votes: 787 79.1%
  • Call of Duty Vanguard

Votes: 45 4.5%

• Total voters

HaloForzaGuy

Nov 11, 2017
Ive been primarily a battlefield player (borderline Stan) ever since bc2 and would never choose halo over it... Until now that is.

I can't quite put my finger on why this is but after spending time on both betas within a week I have clearly noticed a hit detection and tight gameplay difference between the titles.

It's good to remember that they are still betas and battlefield build is older than the halo build so I'm expecting that to be more improved upon release compared to halo

Maybe I just wanted something different this time around but I'm feeling very confused lol

Last edited:

Deleted member 93062

Account closed at user request
Banned
Mar 4, 2021
Most of my issues in Halo were outside of gameplay: menus, load times, matchmaking, and settings (Match voice unmuting itself every game was really annoying). Gameplay for the most part was solid. BF2042 is okay, performance is not really that great (getting 70-80FPS but feels a lot worse), have had some static corpse that don't disappear and just float which I think are still living so I shoot, movement feels a bit clunky, and blurred scopes.

This is my opinion of the beta, but as a game I much prefer Halo. Battlefield has always been really big and I feel like 128-players took it to another level. It's so hard to make any type of difference by yourself or even a squad. I would love to see like a 10v10 for Battlefield in smaller maps.

Dis

Oct 27, 2017
I tried both, they were OK but honestly neither of them are good for me. I've played battlefield before and it can be fun with friends but overall it's not enjoyable enough for me to want to buy and play. Halo MP I played as a kid on the first halo with friends but didn't really touch much since.....I tried the beta in hopes I'd finally have an fps game I enjoy a lot to play MP but sadly that's not going to happen it seems.

Of the two I'd pick battlefield if I had to pick one but honestly trying to find a MP fps that I enjoy for just jumping in for some quick dumb fun always makes me sad that titanfall 3 isn't going to happen for a long time if at all.

Deleted member 16908

Oct 27, 2017
Halo, no contest. No way am I paying $70 for 2042 when Infinite's multiplayer will be free.

May 17, 2018
I expected BF to wow me more than it has so far.

Halo felt lifeless to me, but, seems most people enjoyed it?

So, I guess BF cause I like that gameplay more, but, not particularly impressed with either.

Gero

Oct 28, 2017
Halo infinite test made the BF beta looks like a cheap knockoff

Sec0nd

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Halo met my expectations as being a solid Halo game. Though didn't really blow me away.

BF is a massive disappointment so far.

It's not part of the poll, but surprisingly Vanguard really surprised me. Found that game to be extremely solid and a lot more fun than I was expecting.

Oct 26, 2017
Polls like this don't generally mean much because people will vote even without playing both.

I liked Halo minus issues with radar. Going to try BF tonight.

JayCB64

Oct 25, 2017
Wales
BF because its actually there the whole time and not just a few random hours that I keep not being free for.

FusionNY

Oct 25, 2017
I uninstalled the 2042 beta after a match but I've never been much of a Battlefield guy.

I'm currently suffering from Halo Infinite withdrawals.

Xater

Oct 26, 2017
Germany
I also was a huge BF player my whole life. Played all of them, even BF Heroes and between the BF beta and the Halo tech test I have to say I enjoyed Halo way more. I am kind of shocked to say that because I fell out of love with Halo after the 3rd one.

Savinowned

Oct 25, 2017
Nashville, TN
Halo Infinite was a dream. Even with some things to tweak before launch I am so stoked to play.

I also loved BF1 and liked BFV. BF2042 is so boring right from the start. I legit uninstalled it immediately, felt just like BF4

Tortillo VI

May 27, 2018
Halo flights convinced me that the game is going to be amazing multiplayer-wise. Has had two tests already despite launching later, on December. Can't wait to just play more.

Battlefield beta has one map, one mode, is clearly missing most of its UI, it's filled with bugs, looks way more bland than the gameplay reveal, has no customisation and is launching in more or less a month. I was hyped going in and now I'm fully expecting an unpolished, unfinished game that I probably won't buy until it's fixed. The fact that they delayed this beta, and still got so little and so unpolished, really makes me fear the worst.

HiLife

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Halo immediately felt like home. I adore BF and was looking forward to this after really liking 1 and 5, but I still haven't had that moment in the 2042 beta where I felt like I was enjoying myself. In fact, I kinda wish the Halo beta was still live because I'd be playing that instead.

I think the beta was enough to put me off a day 1 purchase for Battlefield, as bummed as I am to say.

s y

Nov 8, 2017
Didn't play the Halo beta but it can't be worse than the battlefield one.

JigglesBunny

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
Battlefield's beta, while incredibly fun, feels like a game with a year left in the oven. Halo's last technical test could have released as is and I would have payed $60 for it.

Tawpgun

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Halo has always had better hit reg than its contemporary battlefield games.

The gunfights are by design meant to be tighter.

Kawngi

Prophet of Truth
Oct 30, 2017
Halo's recent tests raised my hype for release, whereas I'm now worried about BF2042 despite being previously pretty excited.

Arn

Prophet of Truth
Oct 28, 2017
One feels like it had a 12 month delay, one doesn't. One feels like the developers understood what made the franchise so beloved, one doesn't. Unfortunately.

CloseTalker

Oct 25, 2017
Halo definitely feels more polished. That game felt like it could have shipped as-is and been perfectly fine. BF is fun, but it...doesn't feel like that

Firefly

Jul 10, 2018
I prefer the one that I was actually able to start and play. So, Halo Infinite.

BF2042 beta made me cancel my pre order.

btags

Oct 26, 2017
Gaithersburg MD
I have only played one match of battlefield, but have not been too impressed with it. I think it may partially be a change in my own preferences. I have always loved halo but only really got into battlefield from the original battlefield Vietnam up to bad company 2 Era. I think the constant running around to only get gunned down in a moment is not really my thing anymore. Maybe I'd still like a rush like game mode if battlefield still has that, as that concentrates the action a bit more.

Generally though there was nothing that wowed me with the battlield match that I played earlier today. It was competent for sure and looked decent, but that was about all I got from it. I don't remember exactly how older battlefields were in terms of ui, but this one felt like I was watching a damn twitch stream with a bunch of ui elements popping up and notifying me about things happening in the match.

digitalrelic

Weight Loss Champion 2018: Biggest Change
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
After all the shitty PR Halo Infinite has been through, it's going to end up being huge, isn't it?

HiLife

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Also, the disparity between gamepads and KBM is even bigger in BF than it was in Halo. It's one thing getting demolished by a competent mouse user wielding a sidekick in the flight, but BF engagements are typically farther than any engagement Halo has to offer, and I definitely don't feel the (minor) aim assist there as I could in the Infinite flight.

What I'm saying is, unless you're a crackshot on a gamepad, expect to see a whole lot PC icons dominating. Lol.

NippleViking

May 2, 2018
Infinite is a competent Halo game. 2042 is a dismal Battlefield. Both are FPS, but really it's an apples to oranges comparison.

That said, had way more fun with Infinite. In a multiplayer landscape predominated by Battle Royales, Hero Shooters, GAAS Schlooters, and 'large-scale' warfare, Infinite's paired back, polished, arena style gameplay was such a breath of fresh air that I hadn't realised I was missing. Felt so nice to just fire it up, jump into a lobby, and almost immediately be in the action and getting my dopamine feed; no loot-driven gameplay, bullshit RNG loot spawns or loadouts, no long jogs from A to B without action, zero anxiety that a match might turn into a 25-30 min sweat-fest fight to the death. Just pure, simple, skill-based satisfaction.

Last edited:

Van Bur3n

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Halo Infinite, because it wasn't a janky mess.

Both betas are of old builds of the game and yet one's quality is just vastly better over the other.

Oct 31, 2017
It's too early to compare them considering BF2042 just started today and is still in early access. Most people voting in this poll haven't even played it yet. Better to wait until the BF2042 beta is over to get a fairer comparison.

Ramirez

Oct 26, 2017
Like I said in the community Halo thread, Halo felt like it could release now. BF does not. Performance issues out the ass, and only one map and mode for a PR beta? I do like the infantry combat in BF though, so I'll probably still get it for Portal and Rush. But I have zero interest in what they're offering in this beta.

Snowfruit

Teyvat Traveler
Jun 8, 2018
United States
Should've added in CoD Vanguard just to have all the big 3 shooters releasing these next few months

After playing all of them, Halo Infinite easily felt the one that played best for me.

Wolf

Oct 25, 2017
The difference between Battlefield and Halo to me has always been Battlefield has me feeling like one of a hundred in that my place on my team doesn't really matter as much. In Halo, there's less players, so it does.

That lends me to enjoy Halo more because I feel like I'm contributing more. It's the same case with these betas.

SCUMMbag

Prophet of Truth - Chicken Chaser
Oct 25, 2017
I've had much more fun with Halo. Never been a huge battlefield guy though.

Edge

A King's Landing
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Celle, Germany
Both are on the complete opposite ends for me.

Halo was incredible, super polished, gave everyone the feeling of being back in 2007 and now being right into Halo 3 part 2. An eye opener and 343 finally hitting all the right spots.

Battlefield is a mess, from the worst sound quality I heard in years to all the in-game bugs and glitches and graphical problems and overall just being super disappointing for me.

Halo left me with wanting mode, immediately, can't think about anything else, just drop it for f-sake, I'll play empty early access till December, I don't care, but gimmegimmegimme.
Plus the super positive direction of their Battle Pass and microtransactions.

Battlefield, after just 2 hours, left me with an "I'm good" feeling with no interest in touching it every again.

Fart Master

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
A dumpster
Halo infinite felt like a finished game that is getting polished while BF 2042 feels like a early access steam game a week after release. I'm still excited for battlefield but I really think Dice should plea to EA to delay the game if they haven't. Battlefield can't take too many more blows or it'll end up like MoH.

Maybe I'll eat crow but I feel like Halo Infinite will be massive perhaps the biggest Halo launch ever because it just feels special.

Oct 26, 2017
Just played first match of BF, and I can say that I'd like it more...if not for bots. That kind of ruins it for me. Halo felt more polished as people have said, but come on---you don't get extra points for polish after this much delay. It better be fuckin polished. lol.

Killer

Oct 27, 2017
BF needs a lot more time in the oven to be released in acceptable state. I'll probably get it next year.