• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Modu5

Nov 15, 2017
if you where selected you should see in on your origin library.

good luck everyone! and see you on the battlefield tomorrow!

EDIT: this for PC, not sure about consoles.

Omega.X

Oct 28, 2017
EA Desktop app or Origin only? My session playtime is still listed as "pending" on the website last I checked.

Overflow

Oct 29, 2017
Wollongong
images

Conkerkid11

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017

elenarie

Game Developer
Verified
Jun 10, 2018
You should always sign up for playtests, never know what game you may be invited to, sometimes even before they are announced. :)

Milennia

Prophet of Truth - Community Resetter
Oct 25, 2017
Damn, this Is one I really wanted, I got to play infinite so I guess thats my luck right there

Oct 26, 2017
So wait, lets say a certain person got into this. Are they only able to play during one of the Playtest times? Because a certain person only has one time listed and not any of the rest.

Tovarisc

Oct 25, 2017
FIN
You should always sign up for playtests, never know what game you may be invited to, sometimes even before they are announced. :)

I'm not sure if you can answer this, but I couldn't find forum for the test.

Should we be able to boot the test up and get into main menu of some sort? It just hangs to black screen on PC :|

Coolluck

Oct 27, 2017
So wait, lets say a certain person got into this. Are they only able to play during one of the Playtest times? Because a certain person only has one time listed and not any of the rest.
You probably have an email contact who could answer that. I've been selected for another thing before and there was at least one email contact I could reach out to when I had questions about details.

OP
OP
Modu5

Modu5

Nov 15, 2017
Interesting. I wonder what in my system causes it not to boot.

Maybe GPU drivers as I don't have latest installed 🤔

saw a comment on reddit regarding this issue. something to do with dobly vision. restarting should fix it.
old.reddit.com

BF2042 PRELOAD IS AVAILABLE!!!

If you got approved, go check your client and you will be able to preload the game. It is roughly 18gbs to download.. So those with slow internet,...

Tovarisc

Oct 25, 2017
FIN
saw a comment on reddit regarding this issue. something to do with dobly vision. restarting should fix it.
old.reddit.com

BF2042 PRELOAD IS AVAILABLE!!!

If you got approved, go check your client and you will be able to preload the game. It is roughly 18gbs to download.. So those with slow internet,...

I don't have TV attached to my PC and I don't even think my PC is running Dolby Vision.

Edit: Maybe Logitechs GHUB is causing game to throw a fit because when booting game it kills lights from my KBM

Last edited:
Oct 26, 2017
You probably have an email contact who could answer that. I've been selected for another thing before and there was at least one email contact I could reach out to when I had questions about details.

Going by what the official forums for the tech test shows for registration help, it looks like the full test just lists out as the first session under playtest times. Meaning the person I'm talking about is seemingly in the full tech test, but it only looks like it's the one test time tomorrow.

Omega.X

Oct 28, 2017
I don't have TV attached to my PC and I don't even think my PC is running Dolby Vision.

Edit: Maybe Logitechs GHUB is causing game to throw a fit because when booting game it kills lights from my KBM

Installing a pending Windows update and rebooting solved the issue for me. I actually had a hard GPU crash initially (The lighted RTX logo on the side of my 3080 went out and I received a message that the GPU had been disconnected). Nearly gave me a heart attack. I also have GHUB but that didn't seem to cause problems after the restart.

Son of Liberty

Production
Verified
Nov 5, 2017
California
I got approved but still waiting for it to appear in my Origin client. However I did sign up for the weekend session so maybe they haven't pushed those out yet.

Tovarisc

Oct 25, 2017
FIN
Installing a pending Windows update and rebooting solved the issue for me. I actually had a hard GPU crash initially (The lighted RTX logo on the side of my 3080 went out and I received a message that the GPU had been disconnected). Nearly gave me a heart attack. I also have GHUB but that didn't seem to cause problems after the restart.

Thanks for heads up. Eases troubleshooting when you know bit what to check first.

Jul 26, 2018
WOOOOOOOO! WOOOOOOOOO!

I GOT SELECTED!

It's funny because I was invited, didn't do the survey until 2 days after, and I STILL got selected. I'll be playing on the 14th! Already preloading the game atm yet it just says "preparing". Hmmm.

FuturaBold

Oct 27, 2017
When you fill out the question a receive lots of sports related topics. Did everyone get the same questions. I just want to play 2042. ☹️

Jul 26, 2018
When you fill out the question a receive lots of sports related topics. Did everyone get the same questions. I just want to play 2042. ☹️
I did. If I remember correctly, there was tons of questions about sports, how you play, what type of games you want to see, etc.

I think there was even a question like "are you toxic/trash talk to your friends online?" or something like that. I selected strongly yes haha.

Jerm

The Fallen
Oct 31, 2017
Nothing for me yet but I was approved/accepted for the technical preview.