• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017

Blog

www.ea.com

Battlefield Briefing – Welcome to Battlefield Portal

Dive into all of the details around the experience you can have with Battlefield Portal

FDRyulhXsAEned6
FDRyxZgWEAQWweI
FDRy4iMWEAE0AGy
FDRy6APWEAY18PA
FDRzBT_XsAE7OPu
FDRzV-_WUAMg_Ax
FDRzXQzWYAsx8sZ
FDRzj5kXEAc7JMo

Last edited:

Lobster Roll

signature-less, now and forever
Sep 24, 2019
As expected, looks phenomenal. Can't wait to dive into everything this game has to offer.

OP
OP
Theorry

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
Those voice lines i hope are in the game. Like when a BF1942 sees like a future plane and is like "what the heck is that?"

Tora

The Enlightened Wise Ones
Jun 17, 2018
Performance looked clean af

That looks so fun

OP
OP
Theorry

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
UI looks alot better indeed. Still not a fan of the enemy red colour. But information now is alot clearer

schermafbeelding2021-1akxr.png

Patitoloco

Oct 27, 2017
Yep that looks so damn fun!

I hope they end up putting stuff from other BFs, like BF1 or BF4.

Sirhc

Hasn't made a thread yet. Shame me.
Oct 27, 2017
Damn good looking trailer, super excited to see what people make in Portal.

xtib81

Mar 10, 2019
I hope they add new maps in the future. I would like Grand bazar from BF3 / Saint Quentin from BF1 and Port Valdez from BBC2 pls

RoKKeR

Oct 25, 2017
More 5 second clips lol….

Well it was nice to see the brief glimpses of each map at least. I am so so hopeful for this mode, I hope it works out the gate and gets continued support.

AndyD

Mambo Number PS5
Oct 27, 2017
Nashville
Very nice. I wonder if Portal skins will be available in 2042 main? Or will they be the AIs running around?

RayCharlizard

Nov 2, 2017
Man, this looks WAY smoother than the NVIDIA RTX showcase lmao. I really just hope the poor RT performance is due to that capture being a much older build, especially considering how it seems paired back compared to V due to re-prioritizing performance assuredly.

PeskyToaster

Oct 27, 2017
Ok ok, I see you. Portal seems like quite a gift to the community while also using All Out Warfare to try new stuff. Maybe we really getting our cake and eating it too with this? All Out Warfare for large scale modern gameplay, Portal for the classic diehard community, Hazard Zone for the modern BR gameplay. It's a hell of a multiplayer package for sure.

Looks awesome. Can't wait till they add some BF1 maps too
Amiens! or St. Quentin for me. I'm really looking forward to seeing what their new map urban map is. Those are usually my favorite. Your Siege of Shanghai or Amiens.

calibos

Dec 13, 2017
Living the Battlefield dream with this right here. I was excited, but now, I may pass out....

SpillYerBeans

Oct 25, 2017
Portal will be the deciding factor whether I purchase this or not. What they have shown so far has really impressed me, hopefully they stick the landing.

ajoshi

Sep 11, 2021
This will never happen but it would be awesome if the naval stuff from BF1942 and BF1 made it in one day. Like actually being able to drive the aircraft carriers.

Arn

Prophet of Truth
Oct 28, 2017
Looks good, although I'd still like an unedited match as opposed to short snippets of gameplay.

I went from hating the idea of Portal to thinking it'll be the part of the game I love most because it'll give me classic Battlefield gameplay and maps. I'm hoping there's a healthy rotation of classic servers available from day one.

OP
OP
Theorry

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
How realistic is it that we see alot of BF3 vs BF1942 tho etc. I mean i think for fun people make it.
But i feel alot of people would love to play BF3 only again with only the weapons from BF3, vehicles etc. But on all maps

AndyD

Mambo Number PS5
Oct 27, 2017
Nashville
Looks good, although I'd still like an unedited match as opposed to short snippets of gameplay.

I went from hating the idea of Portal to thinking it'll be the part of the game I love most because it'll give me classic Battlefield gameplay and maps. I'm hoping there's a healthy rotation of classic servers available from day one.
Problem with Portal will be having enough people joining customized servers. It looks like they will surface/suggest some top choices, which is great to see.

Lobster Roll

signature-less, now and forever
Sep 24, 2019
How realistic is it that we see alot of BF3 vs BF1942 tho etc. I mean i think for fun people make it.
But i feel alot of people would love to play BF3 only again with only the weapons from BF3, vehicles etc. But on all maps
I'm convinced that the main uses and the most popular servers will be those that are Vanilla BF3, Vanilla BF 1942, etc.