• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Tovarisc

Oct 25, 2017
FIN
Mentions Qatar map has full village in Southern part and that it can be destroyed via destruction.

Gero

Oct 28, 2017
so excited for this. Im really curious about that 3rd mode DICE LA is working on. It must be a big thing if the whole studio is on it. I heard some rumors about it but its too good to be true so its probably fake

masizzai

Nov 28, 2017
The clips in this video are so hype. Makes the scale of the game look absolutely ridiculous

Tovarisc

Oct 25, 2017
FIN
Rumor / hints for that tighter squad focused gamemode is that it will be Escape From Tarkov inspired in its gameplay loop.

haveheart

Oct 25, 2017
So Breakthrough is the new Rush? He mentioned it having attackers and defenders and that it would take your across the map. That'll be insane with 128 players.

And everything else he says just sounds perfect.

And the tornado is not scripted? Holy hell.

Valanarro

Oct 27, 2017
I can't watch this at the moment, but has there been any indication of a 120hz mode on series x? FPS boost on older battlefield titles has got me spoiled already

OP
OP
Theorry

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
So Breakthrough is the new Rush? He mentioned it having attackers and defenders and that it would take your across the map. That'll be insane with 128 players.

And everything else he says just sounds perfect.

And the tornado is not scripted? Holy hell.
Breakthrough is Breakthrough of BFV and that is Operations from BF1. More a head to head indeed. Need to capture multiple zones at the same time and then you move through or back a defenders.

Tovarisc

Oct 25, 2017
FIN
Can you spoiler tag those rumors for me please?

All older BF games under single hub type construct that allows you to host servers with those games contents. Some rumors even alleged you could take e.g. BF 2 map and use BF 1942 armies on it. Very out there stuff.

Gero

Oct 28, 2017
All older BF games under single hub type construct that allows you to host servers with those games contents. Some rumors even alleged you could take e.g. BF 2 map and use BF 1942 armies on it. Very out there stuff.

Yeah... that one is not happening :D

kimbo99

Feb 21, 2021
Literally can't wait for this. I am still undecided on which next gen platform to buy, but regardless of which one, this will be a game I get.

ka13b

Dec 17, 2020
I had a dream a couple of nights ago that the squad mode involved infiltrating into a conquest server (in which you're identified as hostile to both teams) and have to go blow up an MCOM station near a conquest capture point.

I bet my dream is as close of either of the leaks mentioned in this thread

Ryuhza

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
San Diego County

Aww, I like the singular focus in Rush. I like setting traps. I like stealthy planting/defusing bombs.

It's not the same when it's a whole point. You can't very well cap a point under the enemy's nose. They've got indicators for that.

Then again, Rush has always worked best when they designed maps around the mode, like in BC2 and BF3.

ka13b

Dec 17, 2020
Aww, I like the singular focus in Rush. I like setting traps. I like stealthy planting/defusing bombs.

It's not the same when it's a whole point. You can't very well cap a point under the enemy's nose. They've got indicators for that.

Then again, Rush has always worked best when they designed maps around the mode, like in BC2 and BF3.

Oh man, if the mode is 32 player Rush across BC2 & BF3 maps, I'm going to get fired for sure

Lausebub

Nov 4, 2017
He mentioned destruction. Tanks will be able to destroy buildings to shoot at infantry hiding inside.

cgpartlow

Oct 27, 2017
Seattle, WA
Really looking forward to this game. One of my most anticipated of the year. I got way into BC2, BF3, and 4 then fell off 1 and never got into V despite buying it like a chump. This game looks like everything I love about BF turned up to 11. I hope it delivers.

Siresly

Prophet of Regret
Oct 27, 2017
Mentions Qatar map has full village in Southern part and that it can be destroyed via destruction.
Cool. Was weird how destruction was omitted from both trailers. This is the first time I've seen it even being mentioned. Guess they're saving that and other things for EA Play Live.

Coolluck

Oct 27, 2017
Sucks there's no new footage but glad to have destruction at least for small buildings. Cardinal direction descriptions for what we've seen is nice.

Something that was a little alarming was the talk about moving on to a new location after capturing a point rather than talking about a good reason a squad would want to post up and defend a spot. Really sounds like fortifications are out if they're not talking about entrenching in a position.

Siresly

Prophet of Regret
Oct 27, 2017
Did they confirm that destruction won't be present for the most part? It would suck not to be able to blow holes in walls
The Design Director confirmed that there is still destruction, and Hourglass has a village of destructible buildings (as in more than one), so that's good to hear. But it remains to be seen exactly how significant of an aspect destruction will be across various maps. For the rest of Hourglass, I expect maybe some interior walls in the stadium and ground floors of skyscrapers and such.

They've seemingly purposely avoided showing destruction in these trailers, or talking about it at all really.
Hopefully they'll delve into it on July 22nd.