• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Much

The Gif That Keeps on Giffing
Feb 24, 2018
Looks great. More akin to BF3 and BF4, which I'm definitely down for.

Onlywantsapples

alt account
Banned
May 13, 2021
are they simplifying the attachement system to such an extent that the Crysis like attachment system mid combat, is it?

obviously no one has yet to thoroughly look through the spawn screen, and record it, but I'm not sure how to feel about that, if that's the case.

Zips

Oct 25, 2017
Without going into details... I've been left wondering just how old this build is that they're using for the test.

Van Bur3n

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
As is tradition with BF, most of the gameplay is the player running around a large map looking for something to shoot at.

Deleted member 93062

Account closed at user request
Banned
Mar 4, 2021
As is tradition with BF, most of the gameplay is the player running around a large map looking for something to shoot at.
Yeah…. I could never quite put my finger on what I disliked about Battlefield until I watched this gameplay. The realistic nature of is very sick but I feel like 80% of the time you're running around the map or camping a roof top not shooting anybody. Then when you do eventually get in combat TTK is short and if you die you have to wait like 30 seconds to respawn. I wish we could see like a 5v5 Battlefield on a smaller map.

PeskyToaster

Oct 27, 2017
Historically, I've found that every Battlefield alpha/beta doesn't usually look good but then the final product is pretty mindblowing.

Yeah…. I could never quite put my finger on what I disliked about Battlefield until I watched this gameplay. The realistic nature of is very sick but I feel like 80% of the time you're running around the map or camping a roof top not shooting anybody. Then when you do eventually get in combat TTK is short and if you die you have to wait like 30 seconds to respawn. I wish we could see like a 5v5 Battlefield on a smaller map.

That's probably why people enjoy modes like Breakthrough/Rush as it funnels all the players into a specific arena. In Battlefield V these past couple weeks I've been average like 30-60 kills without being in a vehicle (as in not spamming tanks or planes). But it's not like people don't enjoy that. Battle Royales are extremely popular and are the same thing. Maybe the drop is hot and the endgame but 20 minutes of the midgame is a whole lot of camping for 99% of players and they'll die without getting a kill. Every game only has about one or two players with double-digit kills.

Bishop89

What Are Ya' Selling?
Oct 25, 2017
Melbourne, Australia
2ER.gif

Rappy

Oct 28, 2017

Is this something that people who just dislike Battlefield say? There's always someone trying to take an objective or maps and modes that funnel you in to choke points (for better or worse). Just spawn in those areas and "most" of the gameplay would not be looking for something to shoot at.

Van Bur3n

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Is this something that people who just dislike Battlefield say? There's always someone trying to take an objective or maps and modes that funnel you in to choke points (for better or worse). Just spawn in those areas and "most" of the gameplay would not be looking for something to shoot at.

I play Battlefield. I'm just saying it for the shits and giggles.

Sirhc

Hasn't made a thread yet. Shame me.
Oct 27, 2017
Not a big fan of hot attachment swapping, but it looks like we finally get the option for shotguns to hotswap shell types due to this? I'll take it, BF 3/4 already had great shotguns, this is going to take them to the next level.

Deleted member 9241

Oct 26, 2017
80% of BF is running around trying to find a fight after respawning in the back 9 with no vehicles available

Mr.Deadshot

Oct 27, 2017
Honestly, I was expecting a bit more graphically. Apparently, this is played on PC (mouse). There is still a lot of jank and fuss in the animations. I know it's a multiplayer game and the game has to be responsive which leads to problems with animations, but I'd hoped that we finally advance in that matter. That said, it's only 1080p, youtube compression and we don't know what build/settings the video is on. Looking forward to try it myself during open-beta.
80% of BF is running around trying to find a fight after respawning in the back 9 with no vehicles available
Not if you are in a squad. But I know what you mean and it can be a problem. More games should copy MAGs system. That worked to great with 256 players.

Zips

Oct 25, 2017
It's possible if this tweet is true

Will wait for the beta to judge the game for myself, but I would've been happy with a remastered BF3 so everything about this game is looking to be really good to me

If this build is from July 29th, I think I'm going to agree with whomever said that it was "coming in hot."

Jan 10, 2018
Wow, they have "static" animations now like COD? There is like no sway or funky movement when you move around your gun or body. Reload always looks the same as well as slide and other movements.

-edit-

There is also the "super sprint" where you hold your gun upwards.

Deleted member 93062

Account closed at user request
Banned
Mar 4, 2021
I've played multiple battlefields, the gunplay is usually great and audio/visuals are top notch. However, it's not as easy as just "spawn" there. You can't spawn if your teammate is in combat which means most times even if you're spawning on a teammate you're spawning a bit away from any action. After your team captures the objective(which is a joke on teams of 64) you have to go walk 1 mile to another objective.

If you like it that's great, I just much prefer the quick and continuous action of arena shooters like COD and Halo.

I also don't really like BRs but those are really popular so just a difference in preference I guess.

Linus815

Oct 29, 2017
I've played multiple battlefields, the gunplay is usually great and audio/visuals are top notch. However, it's not as easy as just "spawn" there. You can't spawn if your teammate is in combat which means most times even if you're spawning on a teammate you're spawning a bit away from any action. After your team captures the objective(which is a joke on teams of 64) you have to go walk 1 mile to another objective.

If you like it that's great, I just much prefer the quick and continuous action of arena shooters like COD and Halo.

I also don't really like BRs but those are really popular so just a difference in preference I guess.

1) Squad spawning is more forgiving than ever in BF1 and 5. Literally the only time you can't spawn on them is if they are in active combat e.g. shooting someone or getting shot at. I almost exclusively squad spawn.

2) What do you mean "joke" on teams of 64? Only fringe points are easily captured, the central points tend to be long back and forth battles..........

3) On actually big maps (which are NOT every map) there are vehicles to help transportation between points. On most maps, it takes like a minute of running at most. Modern BF games are much more accessible with how they are designed even for more casual players, it sounds honestly like you are basing your experiences on Battlefield 2.

Breh, 5v5? Then you just don't like the very concept of battlefield. If you want 5v5 just play CoD, it has better gunplay than BF anyway.

MetalKhaos

Oct 31, 2017

Better with friends / squad. Usually can end up like this, but a lot of the time when you're with a good group, usually able to just respawn on someone in you group who is where you want to be, or at least on their way and close enough.

JINX

Oct 25, 2017
That's definitely Battlefield, I truly hope this is a really old build because damn does it look rough. They definitely oversold the graphical quality with that first trailer, then the trailer at E3 took it down a notch. But now with a map heavily covered in foliage, it looks underwhelming. The foliage legitimately looks bad...., I hope it's not coming in hot.

Last edited:

Coolluck

Oct 27, 2017
Better with friends / squad. Usually can end up like this, but a lot of the time when you're with a good group, usually able to just respawn on someone in you group who is where you want to be, or at least on their way and close enough.

Yup, plus y'all can coordinate what you're trying to do better. It's nice to split a squad where half are joining other squads to take a point while the other half are getting a move on to the next point to try and divert attention away from the contended points. Depending on the flow of battle, you can regroup with spawns. Letting others know about a tank coming so they can spawn with rockets or hide if they're vulnerable really makes playing with friends a good experience.