• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
Edit: Seems it went up to early. Now removed. Link also dead

E664Ue0XoAQyuML

Last edited:

Jay1V

Oct 28, 2017
So do game pass folks get early access since EA access is included with GP?

Coolluck

Oct 27, 2017
The new countdown begins. Guess them saving something for GAMESCOM was true. The teases are too much.

Rygar 8Bit

Oct 25, 2017
Site-15
There it is. Was expecting it during the show, but good they put the date out there. I got EA Play Pro so I'll be there on the 4th, can't wait.

Saucycarpdog

Oct 25, 2017
Meh. Was hoping it would be earlier than the month before release.

Gonna try it regardless. Hope the beta map is a good one.

Majik13

Oct 27, 2017
so if I bought a code for 2042 on cdkeys, and they say they dont send the code till release day, does this mean no early access for pre ordering?

JigglesBunny

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
Meh. Was hoping it would be earlier than the month before release.

Gonna try it regardless. Hope the beta map is a good one.
Battlefield beta tests are usually always "marketing betas," a small handful of big fixes and a smattering of small fixes usually result from them but for the most part, they're usually more akin to demos.

Duck-Zilla

Feb 21, 2018
I will not pre-order but I would like to try the Beta and I have GamePass Ultimate. Can I be part of the "open" Beta via GPU or even have the 10 hours free trial once the game releases because of EA Play?

Shifty Capone

Oct 27, 2017
Los Angeles
I will not pre-order but I would like to try the Beta and I have GamePass Ultimate. Can I be part of the "open" Beta via GPU or even have the 10 hours free trial once the game releases because of EA Play?

I am pretty sure the answer is sadly no. Hopefully someone can correct me if I am wrong though, but I am pretty sure you cannot.

Edit: I think I am wrong as you can get basic ea access with Ultimate. That should give you access to the "open" beta

Quigoon

Jan 28, 2021
Since they don't link back to a source, the date was either posted in error, or someone faked it. The FAQ page does not mention this, and AFAIK, the only mention of September (but no specific day) being when the beta takes place comes from the press release sent after the Portal reveal.

DarrenM

Oct 28, 2017
I was hoping for early August, I guess early September isn't too bad. I can't wait to try it out though.

DarrenM

Oct 28, 2017
Anyone not sure about receiving a code with their existing order, should just preorder on Amazon, get the beta code in September and cancel. Any duplicates, just give to friends or do a giveaway in the eventual beta thread.

Speaking of duplicates, do these BF beta codes usually come with friend codes too?

Skyfireblaze

Oct 25, 2017
I fear that my 8600k CPU won't be able to handle 2042, I hope my fear is unfounded but thankfully with the beta I can test it I guess.

Tora

The Enlightened Wise Ones
Jun 17, 2018
So this is game going to support RT?

I don't really care about the RT considering the focus on high fps, but usually Dice like to push new tech like with BFV and Nvidia have already announced DLSS/Reflex support, but no mention of RT.

Status
Not open for further replies.