• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Oct 27, 2017
AK-24 feels real good after the update. And now that I can compete with hovercrafts, bringing the MP5 feels good again too. Really liking this update.

Rykane

Prophet of Truth
Nov 22, 2019
Gunplay doesn't feel any different to me, to be honest after playing for around 1-2 hours.

J_ToSaveTheDay

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
USA
Yeah the gunplay still feels kinda whack to me.

I think I'll come back to this game in about 2 months after it gets the December update and one or two more updates under its belt. I don't hate it, but I am presently kinda disappointed at the current state of things.

Coolluck

Oct 27, 2017
Can't figure out how to make a Team Gun Master in Portal in 10 minutes. DICE is a joke.

But seriously, can't wait to see the template for that as the official DICE servers would often have the same weapon progression in the mode and the random ones were such a fun way to switch it up because rockets would come into play and a lot of the maps used in BF4 had some destruction but with standard guns would hardly be touched. People just railgunning wildly trying to progress really changed the landscape.

Rykane

Prophet of Truth
Nov 22, 2019
What weapons are you using?
A whole bunch of them, AK, M4A3, The default SMG, LCMG etc. A lot of them feel the same. I still have to really pull my mouse down to counter the recoil/bloom compared to other games. I'm no stranger to having to compensate stuff like that but in this game it's really bad.

Anton Sugar

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
A whole bunch of them, AK, M4A3, The default SMG, LCMG etc. A lot of them feel the same. I still have to really pull my mouse down to counter the recoil/bloom compared to other games. I'm no stranger to having to compensate stuff like that but in this game it's really bad.
They're definitely not the same although there could always be a bug. Even r/bf2042 is celebrating the weapon changes.

p5t114irhp181.png

Kiekura

Mar 23, 2018
There is massive difference for weapons. There is still recoil you need to handle ofc. But now you can actually hit people with AR and LMG. And there is also damage drop for distance.

Also LMGs have very minimal recoil while prone. Use it and go prone while shooting and you can just spray tight spots and rack up kills.

Gero

Oct 28, 2017
Just played a few rounds with crossplay on because some of my friends was on PC... im never playing again lol. Playing this againts PC players are so bad. God helicopters everywhere and those long range fights are impossible againts a good pc player. Back to PS only lobbies, much better experience

katsu044

Mar 1, 2021
canada
about to try this new patch so pp29 meta is dead now
was using the AK before i got the scar so i seem to be in a good spot now lol
currently using the pxb till i get the mp5

Kiekura

Mar 23, 2018
Also it is oddly relaxing/fun to just shoot bots when you farm attachments. Specially with LMG :D

ScoutDave

Oct 25, 2017
Just played a few rounds with crossplay on because some of my friends was on PC... im never playing again lol. Playing this againts PC players are so bad. God helicopters everywhere and those long range fights are impossible againts a good pc player. Back to PS only lobbies, much better experience

The fact its not input based is really a bizarre choice. Hopefully this is something addressed down the road.

Belvedere

Oct 27, 2017
it's awful compared to BF V
So far it's not up there with BF1 or BF4, but yeah it's much better than BFV for me. BFV was never fun for me no matter how many times I tried to stick with it. It never had an identity and always seemed so hallow.

There's certainly moments of frustration with 2042 but that's been the case with every BF since 1942. BF moments are back in a big way though with 2042 which I think was one of my main issues with BFV.

Time will tell but there's potential here.

Mr.Deadshot

Oct 27, 2017
You can literally play 1-2 games against bots and unlock all attachments for one gun. You get like 300-400 kills for one match.
Yeah, I am not gonna do that. It's part of the motivation to the play the actual game.

AK-24 is great. Already unlocked a good bunch of attachments that make it very versatile on both range and melee. Feels so much better than the SFAR for me.
AK-24 feels super good to me after unlocking the grip and long gun barrel. I get what you mean because I have the same feeling with some weapons.

RoboPlato

Oct 25, 2017
Also it is oddly relaxing/fun to just shoot bots when you farm attachments. Specially with LMG :D
It's been my zone out after work activity for the past few days and I'm enjoying it. You unlock a ton and can just turn your brain off. So much less frustrating than grinding out attachments on Metro

BTW does anyone feel like there needs to be some more differentiation with the barrel attachments? Feels like compensators and long barrels are by far the best choice.

Tovarisc

Oct 25, 2017
FIN
Yes. XP is capped and so is weapon SKINS kills. You get something like 10k exp and then it is capped. But you can very easily unlock attachments.

Discardet is best map imho.

imo this is ultimate farm for gun attachments. 400 to 500 kills per round so guaranteed to max out skin progression + get all attachments in one round of breakthrough for a gun.

Second picture shows pipe spot, you get there by taking elevators on left and on top taking immediate left to scoot around. AI can't see you from beneath there so they never fire back, easy farm.

rV2nO4y.png

s4xNvwM.jpg

It's been my zone out after work activity for the past few days and I'm enjoying it. You unlock a ton and can just turn your brain off. So much less frustrating than grinding out attachments on Metro

BTW does anyone feel like there needs to be some more differentiation with the barrel attachments? Feels like compensators and long barrels are by far the best choice.

Unless you are using SKV, then you want short barrel for maximum firerate memes. That thing doesn't need added any bullet velocity.

But yeah, attachment selection is surprisingly barren as 50% are just dupes.

Gero

Oct 28, 2017
The footsteps audio is trash tier. You either cant hear it or hearing it from the wrong direction. I can easily point out enemies in BFV but i cant here. So annoying, died so many times because of this

RoboPlato

Oct 25, 2017
Unless you are using SKV, then you want short barrel for maximum firerate memes. That thing doesn't need added any bullet velocity.

But yeah, attachment selection is surprisingly barren as 50% are just dupes.
I actually don't mind there being some dupes, I always get annoyed when I have to use an uglier attachment to get best performance so I don't mind having choice, just wish we could remove stuff from the Plus Menu so it doesn't get as cluttered or has extra slots. The muzzle breaks also don't seem particularly effective either.

Solid Shake

Oct 28, 2017
I actually don't mind there being some dupes, I always get annoyed when I have to use an uglier attachment to get best performance so I don't mind having choice, just wish we could remove stuff from the Plus Menu so it doesn't get as cluttered or has extra slots. The muzzle breaks also don't seem particularly effective either.

I don't remember for what guns but I'm pretty sure I saw some attachments that are supposed to reduce vertical recoil actually increase vertical recoil.

RoboPlato

Oct 25, 2017
I don't remember for what guns but I'm pretty sure I saw some attachments that are supposed to reduce vertical recoil actually increase vertical recoil.
LOL yeah probably.

I'm also a bit skeptical of the grips that say they negatively impact aiming while stationary. I can tell there's a decent improvement while moving and seems to be no negative change while still whereas the ones that say they improve aiming while stationary don't seem to do much of anything.

jokkir

Oct 25, 2017
The footsteps audio is trash tier. You either cant hear it or hearing it from the wrong direction. I can easily point out enemies in BFV but i cant here. So annoying, died so many times because of this

Yeah it's weird when I finally used headphones. Same with issue in Halo too for some reason. No idea what's happening in these games lol

Kiekura

Mar 23, 2018

Supressors have too big damage drop.

JigglesBunny

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
Don't know what to tell you other than yes, it's definitely been fixed.

Jan 10, 2018
Almost 60 hours of playtime and haven't been placed nr. 1 with my squad even once. Ironic really since I'm always keeping close to my squad mates and marking objectives.

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
I just cant find the aiming feeling correctly in this game. In all previous BF games all i needed was put it on my preffered senstivity and some button changes and i was good for the whole lifespan of the game. With BF2042 i am looking in the settins, testing things and watching YT vids. Wich shows something is off really that i need to do that.

Dodgerfan74

Dec 27, 2017
So far it's not up there with BF1 or BF4, but yeah it's much better than BFV for me. BFV was never fun for me no matter how many times I tried to stick with it. It never had an identity and always seemed so hallow.

There's certainly moments of frustration with 2042 but that's been the case with every BF since 1942. BF moments are back in a big way though with 2042 which I think was one of my main issues with BFV.

Time will tell but there's potential here.

I'm surprised to see BFV called shallow by comparison. 2042 is utterly brain-dead for the most part. You spawn, chuck your two prox sensors, chuck your two Sundance anti-armor that will seek whatever is around, then hunt down icons on your minimap. If armor is nearby, use an M5 instead before hunting down minimap icons.

You're always spotted half a dozen ways so there's no real point in stealth, flanking, or strategy. You're going to die if someone remotely competent is nearby either way. It's not like you can use the audio to your advantage because footstep audio is weird and vehicles are silent for some reason.

You're basically guaranteed 25 kills and 25 assists a game of conquest without really having to pay any attention.

The sandbox has more variety in the abstract, but most of it is functionally useless in practice. There's reasons you never see Raos. Every game is basically decided entirely by which team spams vehicles more aggressively so you're limited to the extent you can really sway anything, even with aggressive objective play.