• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
This went out to early i guess

edit: archived link

web.archive.org

Battlefield 2042 Gives Players Unprecedented Creative Freedom With the Sandbox Portal Mode

Battlefield 2042 reveals the new Portal mode, a community driven sandbox that lets players build custom matches from 4 different Battlefield games.

battlefield-portal-infographic.jpg

battlefield-portal-mix-up.jpg

E66FS0sVgAUH6Bc
E66F5PsVcAI8FuI

Last edited:

PS9

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Awesome! Was gonna buy it anyway but this makes it so much better. Can't wait for EA Play.

Milennia

Prophet of Truth - Community Resetter
Oct 25, 2017
This is the goat battlefield game for me and it's not even out lmao

Neverx

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Sep 17, 2020
Florida
Looks real good, gonna add a lot of longevity. El Alamein is going to look crazy in the new engine.

OP
OP
Theorry

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
" Portal brings back six classic Battlefield maps, available to use in these custom matches. The list includes Caspian Border and Noshahr Canals from Battlefield 3, Battle of the Bulge and El Alamein from Battlefield 1942, and Arica Harbor and Valparaiso from Bad Company 2"

"
Better yet, all assets from these maps have been rebuilt from the ground up in the Frostbite engine and reimagined for modern technology. The map layouts themselves remain as close as possible to how fans remember them, but for the older maps from Battlefield 1942, destruction physics have been added."

Milennia

Prophet of Truth - Community Resetter
Oct 25, 2017
" Portal brings back six classic Battlefield maps, available to use in these custom matches. The list includes Caspian Border and Noshahr Canals from Battlefield 3, Battle of the Bulge and El Alamein from Battlefield 1942, and Arica Harbor and Valparaiso from Bad Company 2"

"
Better yet, all assets from these maps have been rebuilt from the ground up in the Frostbite engine and reimagined for modern technology. The map layouts themselves remain as close as possible to how fans remember them, but for the older maps from Battlefield 1942, destruction physics have been added."
Arica harbor in 2042 and El Alamein with destruction? holy shit

Arn

Prophet of Truth
Oct 28, 2017
I hope you can play all of those old maps in a classic way, and not just in these custom matches.

AndyD

Mambo Number PS5
Oct 27, 2017
Nashville
This is a perfect appraoch for them to build on over time. Add new maps one by one is a no brainer.

Vommy

Chicken Chaser
Oct 27, 2017
They are going all out with this one. Good for Dice and good for the people who have waited to go back to Battlefield!

Nateo

Oct 27, 2017
No one is going to play the main game for long. You get XP anywhere here lmao. Also I assume they are straight porting the weapons so Balance is going to be fuckin hilarious. Also You don't pick BF2142???? But pick BF1942 instead what the hell why?

TheRed

Oct 31, 2017
Very interesting. Can't wait to play the old maps again.
Arica Harbor and Valparaiso are gonna be big for me as I loved BC2 so much.
+7 new 2042 maps is pretty good.

OP
OP
Theorry

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
Personally i think its cool for a while to try. But think many people will stick with regular BF2042 and a balanced experience.
WW2 planes vs BF2042 sounds fun for example. But after two matches getting your ass kicked as a WW2 player i think not many people will stick arround.

BreakingARC

Oct 30, 2017
Arica Harbor?? just please finally take my money EA.

Between this an Mass Effect Remastered they seem to be on a personal goodwill tour for me lol

Sky87

Oct 27, 2017
Personally i think its cool for a while to try. But think many people will stick with regular BF2042 and a balanced experience.
WW2 planes vs BF2042 sounds fun for example. But after two matches getting your ass kicked as a WW2 player i think not many people will stick arround.
I think servers with strictly BC2 weapons/vehicles will be up, i doubt everything will be randomized by default. You can set your own rules after all.

Alienous

Oct 25, 2017
I guess this is a 'Far Cry Arcade' -type mode, without a map builder.

Eh. I expect if this was good it would be entirely seperate, like Battlefield 1943.

Should be good for Counter-Strike and Call of Duty rulesets I guess.