• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Uzupedro

Banned
May 16, 2020
Rio de Janeiro
It's the same guy from this rumor(And several others): https://www.resetera.com/threads/insider-teases-battlefield-6-being-set-in-modern-day.223303/

A TL;DW, took from Altchar:
Henderson states that Battlefield 6 will be heavily influenced by Battlefield 3 and could be titled simply "Battlefield". It's a soft reboot of the series, as mentioned before and will emphasise large scale battles with maps that support up to 128 players.

Additionally, he claims that the game is also scheduled to release on PlayStation 4 and Xbox One, meaning it won't be an exclusive for next-gen consoles. Henderson states that PS4 and Xbox One version will only have 32 vs 32 game modes with some graphical downgrades and limited destruction.

Apparently, the PS4 and Xbox One version of the game is in development "by a different studio or a different part of the same studio'',
which suggests EA are taking both versions of the game seriously.

Last but not least, a battle-royale mode for Battlefield 6 was in development. It seems EA are impressed with the success of Call of Duty Warzone and want to try and bring a much better battle royale experience with Battlefield 6.
Sounds believable, but if the crossgen part is true it seems that there won't be crossplay? I think this was the case with BF4, hopefully you can chose this time.

J_Viper

Oct 25, 2017
Inspired by 3/4 is music to my ears. Whatever ever happened to that BF3 Remaster rumor?

Anyone thinking publishers are gonna let go of PS4/Xbone before 2022 are in for a surprise

Expy

Oct 26, 2017
Sounds good about the last-gen version being a completely different build from the next-gen one.

GrantDaNasty

Oct 27, 2017
I would hope there is crossplay among same-gen (PS4/XB1 in one end, PC would be with PS5/XSX/XSS) if EA has hopes of this being a key title (and that BR mode needs a lot of actives to work, as such limiting the pools seems a bad idea)

janusff

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Austin, TX
Inspired by BF3?

giphy.gif

Raigor

May 14, 2020
Why would they need another Battle Royale? Apex Legends is enough and adding another BR is just pointless at this point.

Lemony1984

Jul 7, 2020
Amazing. I love when the old gen and new gen versions are done by different teams.

E.g Shadow of Mordor on 360

Raide

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
BF3 inspired is great but for the love of god, drop PS4 and Xbox. Reboot is great but don't hold back plans just to support weakass consoles.

Sunnz

Apr 16, 2019
Really enjoyed bf3 and BF4.

Please give us an upgrade destruction from Bfbc1/2, was so good.

I also really hope the unlocks and such are stream lined and no stupid regen vehicles, they should be kept simple and straightforward.
More unlocks = more unbalanced rubbish.
I really like how it was in bfbc2, few options that can make a difference but nothing OP.

Belvedere

Oct 27, 2017
Please leave BR out of Battlefield. Interestingly, Westie making some of the same claims but believes BR won't be in BF6.

Oct 27, 2017
Cool, disappointed in how they handled both 1 and V. Both had really fun ideas but were hampered by weird decisions such as constant sprint pacing in 1 and technical issues in V respectively.

jsnepo

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I wonder what generational advancement this game will have other than better graphics and destructuon. The games have felt samey since BF3.

Nateo

Oct 27, 2017
Surprised if they go 128 players. A lot of the game designers there already disliked 64 players and wished they could have lowered it. Anyway dont really believe this. Additionally please no last gen or br thanks.

Raigor

May 14, 2020
Because they need to steal some of that Warzone crowd.

They are just going to waste resources then.

A Battlefield BR is going to be way too similar to Warzone and they have Apex which is doing really good and it has its own gameplay and mechanics different from other BR titles.

Nateo

Oct 27, 2017
Also you watch them learn all the wrong lessons and bring suppression back. Of all the ass backwards mechanics a game has ever produced that is one of the worst.

Zebesian-X

Dec 3, 2018
I've been in the mood for some multiplayer FPS action, but I've been burnt out on cod for a little while so I'm hoping this turns out well! Could be a good change of pace :)

Raigor

May 14, 2020
I wonder what generational advancement this game will have other than better graphics and destructuon. The games have felt samey since BF3.

Other than faster loading, hair tech, even better graphics and more destruction don't expect something else.

128 players with Frostbite and next gen destruction is going to be a delight.

VeryHighlander

The Fallen
May 9, 2018
Hopefully they nail the shooting mechanics instead of straight up changing how the game plays months into release

Potterson

Oct 28, 2017
What "soft reboot" even means if these games are not connected?

Anyway, I'm in. Modern Battlefields were my favourites. I wonder if EA will decide to drop single-player since it was never really good and the pandemic probably delayed huge chunk of work - so dropping SP may be the only way to release the game on time.

pj-

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Why would they need another Battle Royale? Apex Legends is enough and adding another BR is just pointless at this point.

Apex Legends plays completely different than battlefield..

The destruction alone set firestorm apart from any other BR I've played. I hope they've learned the expensive lesson that BRs can't succeed without constant support.

boogerbrain51

Nov 3, 2020
What's the point of cross gen if they gonna not let ps5&XS play with older gen. And how they gonna cap the older gen versions at 32vs32 I know they can do way more with that

Cliff Steele

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I don't believe a single fucking thing about Battlefield anymore until I see it with my own eyes. I'm still bitter about BFV.

Edit: and for the love of god the old consoles need to die already.