• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Tovarisc

Oct 25, 2017
FIN
That is bit edgy stuff, especially last line is ooof....

Also this most likely means game has SP campaign.

Heazy

IT Tech
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
London, UK
reeks of jigsaw
200.gif

Tovarisc

Oct 25, 2017
FIN
I just realized that date on message is 04.01.XXXX, 3600 hours.

US military operates in 24h clock like normal people, but there is no such thing as 36:00 as a time.

đź‘€

qtamir1

Oct 28, 2017
I don't get it. Why do they need to tease the next battlefield when we already know the reveal event date? I'm already hyped to see the game and i know it's coming, the influencers cryptic messages seems unnecessary to me...

Noppie

Oct 27, 2017
Damn, think a new Battlefield game could be announced soon? Exiciting stuff, cryptic messages!

Casa

Oct 25, 2017
If it is near future I hope they keep it boots on the ground and there's no crazy mobility stuff like wall running or crazy, enhanced jumping/dashing or anything like that. Don't want them to do to BF what CoD did with Advanced Warfare a few years back.

Keep it grounded and "realistic."

johnro

Dec 8, 2017
Just stop the circus and show the game...

I agree , i am a huge Battlefield fan and played all of them with hundreed of hours spent in MP but this is getting out of control.

Just show us the game and stop all of this. Does this stuff really work for some people? Do they get hyped? For me personally this is all getting anoying.

The funny thing will be if this game doesn't even come out this year and has a release date of 2022...

Dyno

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I'm interested in seeing the game but this crap is so tiresome that it's actively putting me off in advance

Coolluck

Oct 27, 2017
If they use 2042, they're legally obligated to include proto-mechs and a Titan mode.

Saucycarpdog

Oct 25, 2017
There better be gameplay shown next week. That's all I'll say.

So sick of "reveals" just being a CG trailer.

Oct 29, 2017
I agree , i am a huge Battlefield fan and played all of them with hundreed of hours spent in MP but this is getting out of control.

Just show us the game and stop all of this. Does this stuff really work for some people? Do they get hyped? For me personally this is all getting anoying.

The funny thing will be if this game doesn't even come out this year and has a release date of 2022...

Yep, I don't even click on BF news because I know that it is going to be a meaningless teaser.

Back then they dropped the fucking BF3 MP trailer, gaming community collectively shit itself from excitement and that was it. There was no need for stupid crap like that.

It was meaningful. Everyone expected BF3 after BC2 and they confirmed it with a small teaser video, after that came the SP trailer, which was awesome. Then brought it home with the MP trailer.

This makes no sense and it is stupid as fuck.

Nkcell

Jun 24, 2020
This type of subtle marketing would be more effective if pieces of the trailer didn't leak already. Hard to generate excitement about the time period/locations of the games when everyone has known it and seen it for weeks now.

Lausebub

Nov 4, 2017
Yep, I don't even click on BF news because I know that it is going to be a meaningless teaser.

Back then they dropped the fucking BF3 MP trailer, gaming community collectively shit itself from excitement and that was it. There was no need for stupid crap like that.

It was meaningful. Everyone expected BF3 after BC2 and they confirmed it with a small teaser video, after that came the SP trailer, which was awesome. Then brought it home with the MP trailer.

This makes no sense and it is stupid as fuck.

Battlefield 3 had a lot of short teaser videos before the first trailer, which worked quiet well to hype everyone up.

Oct 29, 2017
Battlefield 3 had a lot of short teaser videos before the first trailer, which worked quiet well to hype everyone up.

I just remember the infamous no gameplay reveal. But even that worked since we really weren't sure if we are going to get a BF2 successor. BC2 nostalgia is very heavy now but back then people wanted a traditional BF game with the bells and whistles from BC2.

Now we already know it's going to be modern/close future. BF is a mature franchise now. Back then things were different.

We also have games to fill the void. There is Squad, which is the closest IMO. BF has things to prove at this point after previous meh entries. It feels like EA thinks everyone is shitting bricks that a mainline BF is on its way. This is simply not true anymore.