• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

VinFTW

Oct 25, 2017
What the fuck is the point of launching this game this year?

Delay this shit till Spring. Like March.

I can't support this game, no matter how badly I want to play BF.

take_marsh

Oct 27, 2017
Hm. Some things not there at launch that I want, I've retracted my pre-order and will purchase when the game includes stuff like this. I do really like cooperative stuff, so I'm hoping this will be good.

SirKai

Dec 28, 2017
Washington
This is like a running joke. Good God. The co-op mode was the main appeal of BFV for me, so I'll just hold off on checking it out until Combined Arms is out.

Meg Cherry

Oct 25, 2017
Seattle, WA
Delaying this to March seems like the only logical answer, but I doubt EA wants to give up that holiday window. Especially since Spring 2019 is going to be just as crowded with new releases.

TheMrPliskin

Oct 26, 2017
I feel like every new announcement for this game has been an announcement that something will be missing at launch.

Andi

Oct 29, 2017
Sooo what's actually coming with the game?
War Stories and regular Mulitplayer Mode?

TheIdiot

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Yeah, guys, best bet is for all of us to hold out and not buy the game at launch honestly. Ultimately consumers are the ones that let companies slide with this kind of shit.

Wandu

Oct 27, 2017
Not a Battlefield fan, but the communication and release news for this game seem to get worse every week until launch.

Klobrille

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
I can't remember any previous recent Battlefield games launching with a co-op-mode.

But whatever. I'm not cool enough to jump on the BF V hate train it seems.

I'm just happy they seem to have a lot of stuff in the works for the game down the road. Keeps the content coming and the experience fresh.

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017
Is that the first confirmation that both the co-op and Battle Royale are post-launch modes?

Zhukov

Banned
Dec 6, 2017
Righto.

At this rate I'm waiting for them to announce that guns and vehicles will be added after launch.

"Battlefield V will introduce a fresh and innovative vision of WWII in which players engage in fierce battles armed with knives and clubs, with iconic firearms and deadly war machines being introduced at a later date as part of our ground-breaking Tides of War content delivery system."

I'm thinking my purchase might be coming some time after launch as well.

GangWarily

Oct 25, 2017
This game seem to have a very low bar for MVP (minimum viable product).

Do we have a list somewhere of all the stuff that won't be there at launch?

RedStep

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Crazy that both this and BO4 had the same amount of lead time as anything and both are stripping away features. It's like they caught themselves off guard with the release date.

SliceSabre

Oct 25, 2017
Lol no. Every time I hear about this game a feature won't be ready till after launch. Guess I'm delaying my purchase of it.

How stupid delay it, but gotta make sure it hits that quarterly earnings report I guess.

Qudi

Jul 26, 2018
Nice. With each day there is less content. Funny and sad at the same time.

Bionet

Oct 25, 2017
It's like there's this massive game about cowboys coming out in October that the publishers want to get ahead of, but the developers don't have the time to get everything in for launch because of it...

Brannon

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Is it pride? Is it pride making them launch this clearly not ready game in the general vicinity of Red Dead Redemption?

Nateo

Oct 27, 2017
So another feature after launch this adds to the current confirmed growing list of features such as

- Battle royale(revealed as after launch)
- Vehicle Visual Customisation
- Dragging downed teammates
- The Mortar gadget.

And now we can add combined arms..

Additionally its heavily rumored that the RSP (Rental Server Program) will not make it.

As the post launch list of features grows it makes you wonder whats next. However I believe the key issue here is that the communication of these fearures being post launch has been dreadful apart from BR. Each of these features was only found to be post launch after scralling through news posts looking for fleeting mentions or obscure tweets made by devs on twitter

Not to mention we have no idea how many maps we are getting.

It sounds like they are saving this content to pad out their live service model which is gross.

Also to note in Westies latest video Alekssg says this and I shit you not "When the game goes live its like a constant open beta" seems like it will be for BF5

ZeoVGM

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Providence, RI
This is frustrating. BF5 is the most interesting and unique-looking BF game in years but this has been a string of bad news.

It should be delayed. If they put this out in April, they could actually prove that these "every fall" franchises don't need to be in the fall. It would do well.

FeD

Oct 25, 2017
This is frustrating. BF5 is the most interesting and unique-looking BF game in years but this has been a string of bad news.

It should be delayed. If they put this out in April, they could actually prove that these "every fall" franchises don't need to be in the fall. It would do well.

But please think of the shareholders!

Nov 7, 2017

Agree, a spring release would be great for this game. EA is just to full of itself.