• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

RNG

Oct 25, 2017
I watched a little halfway through the video so far and it seems like Elite kits and Behemoths are gone now? I wish they showed all this in the reveal, it sounds so good.

RoKKeR

Oct 25, 2017
Listening now, jackfrags is great.

Shame about no Pacific theater at launch, sounds like it'll be coming later though.

rocketpunch

Dec 19, 2017
A lot of the changes sound really great but some scare me. And make no mistake... these changes are massive.

Not sure about the lack of visual recoil and gunplay... BF1's gunplay was perfect already. And while I typically do love having animations for everything, I've really grown to love some of the things that don't have them in BF1. Anyway, this is my most anticipated game of the year by far.

Conkerkid11

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Interested in seeing how much post-release content they do compared to previous games.

Hopefully this move toward no season passes is a good one.

I wish they'd have dropped the single-player like Black Ops 4 did. At least CoD games have had some good campaigns recently. Battlefield hasn't had a decent campaign since Bad Company 2.

SliceSabre

Oct 25, 2017
No more HUD/map spotting, spotting is based on movement/changes around you
Much less ammo on spawn, out of ammo after a few fights, but more ways to resupply ammo in the battlefield from packs, crates, or grabbing small amounts of ammo off of bodies (all requires physical interactions)

I can't see these changes going over well.

Deleted member 1258

User Requested Account Closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This gameplay changes sounds pretty interesting. The player interaction stuff is definitely gonna change of the pace of fights.

Oct 24, 2017
These changes sound fucking awesome, honestly. I love all of the immersion shit. Towing things behind vehicles sounds rad, and I'm curious how they managed to make the ragdoll stuff work.

Deleted member 36622

User requested account closure
Banned
Dec 21, 2017
User Warned: Portbegging
It would have been neat a Switch version with the custom engine EA used for FIFA 18.

ViewtifulJC

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
A lot of it sounds like the lone gun man shit is gonna suffer in the name of teamwork. Squad play is heavily emphasized, and you don't fully regenerate health or have a million bullets. Things take time, which requires cooperation.

Saint-14

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
Squad leaders are given a radio call-in functionality akin to the commander mode of previous Battlefields. Squad points earned by working together to capture or defend objectives and racking up kills can be cashed in for special and abilities such as the V1 rocket strike seen in the trailer, a special vehicle, or a barrage of smoke grenades on a specific position. Specifics of cooldowns or point costs for each action haven't been shared yet.
Not sure if I like this.

Deleted member 18021

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
A lot of these sound like decent ideas until you consider that things like health/ammo crates and revives were abstracted in previous games because of how much they otherwise might slow the game down. I'm not personally sold, but I'd love to be wrong.

BLOODED_hands

Oct 25, 2017
Looks like I finally found my game to replace MAG after all these years (sorry PlanetSide 2 you weren't it).

The movement system sounds good. Allows for more ways to move and interact with your environment.

Honestly everything sounds decent to good for me besides the health regen. Let's face it.... A lot of people still don't care if they get more points for healing and reviving downed players. A animation and health stages? Pft! I don't trust randos enough to revive me or heal me, lol.

haveheart

Oct 25, 2017
A lot of these sound like decent ideas until you consider that things like health/ammo crates and revives were abstracted in previous games because of how much they otherwise might slow the game down. I'm not personally sold, but I'd love to be wrong.

These changes will certainly slow down the game's pace. Which is intended and good.

BF got way to fast paced over the time.

pink

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Love the changes to health and gunplay thus far. Making reviving more difficult (as well as every pick up) sounds good.

Looks like they're aiming to make this more difficult

In

Deleted member 16609

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Harlem, NYC
Like I said before. The fact that Trey went full swinging at their reveal and let the community play the game and do an in-depth analysis really killed the hype for this game. Because come E3, is going to be all about BR mode for Treyarch. And that will overshadow whatever DICE is going to show. Because is going to be one of the first AAA attempts at the genre. And if Trey knocks out of the park, is a wrap.

RoKKeR

Oct 25, 2017
The idiotic tools spewing SJW shit are even in the jackfrags comments... wow.

Not sure why I expected anything different, but still... smh.

DodgeAnon

Oct 25, 2017
Like I said in the other thread, these gameplay changes sound incredible and I absolutely loved BF1. Really hope we can get some sneaky gameplay videos soon.

ElephantShell

Oct 25, 2017
Reading OP got me way more hyped than watching that entire reveal event. What a misstep that was.

Really excited about a lot of the changes. No premium pass and the inclusion of a online coop thing has me particularly excited.

Blade Wolf

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Taiwan
Staged health regeneration also means now we will get less people running and gunning like a maniac, it's gonna be more, you guessed it, tactical. Which has always been what makes Battlefield fun.

This sounds like a much slower paced game with a lot of tactical elements, it's everything I want in a World War Battlefield.

Spanic

Oct 31, 2017
US
I'm sure we can see this in action come E3. With what's been shown and described here is making me nervous because its different. If it plays like battlefield and I can still unlock weapons through gameplay then I'm still in. EA Access will give me an early trial anyway.

alr1ght

Oct 25, 2017
I haven't cared about a BF game since BFBC2, but the gameplay changes and aesthetic look promising.

KillLaCam

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Seoul
I haven't been this excited about a Battlefield since BF3.

And the visuals remind me of bad company 2.

Ravelle

Oct 31, 2017
I don't know who Jackfrags is but he has made a better video showcase than EA on their reveal panel.

Everything looks amazing so far, I'm sold for sure.

Eolz

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
FR
Sounds pretty good so far.
Promising in many ways, but I'll have to play, or at least see more proper gameplay first. I'm still a bit cautious, couldn't get into a Battlefield game since 3, and even then, it was a big disappointment compared to BC2.

II JumPeR I

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Germany
Here are some details from the Microsoft Store
Get early access to Battlefield V with Battlefield V Deluxe Edition and experience how war will never be the same. With exceptional outfits and assignments for the British Special Air Service and the German Airborne troops, Battlefield V Deluxe Edition will make you stand out on the battlefield with five sets of paratrooper apparel containing weapon skins, camo patterns, head gear, and face paint. Plus, Battlefield V Deluxe Edition lets you test your skill in bonus Starter Assignments and get regular customization items thanks to the weekly Airlift system.

• Early Access to Battlefield™ V Base Game: Enter mankind's greatest conflict as Battlefield™ goes back to its roots: World War 2. Lead your Company in all-out multiplayer with new experiences like the massive Grand Operations and the timeless Conquest mode. Play untold War Stories in the single player campaign – or squad up with friends in the cooperative Combined Arms.

• Five Sets of Paratrooper Outfits: Battlefield V Deluxe Edition lets you customize your soldiers with five Special Soldier Sets containing stunning weapon skins, camo patterns, head gear, and face paint for British Special Air Service and German Airborne troops. Choose these five Sets from eight available when deploying into Battlefield V.

• Special Assignments: Battlefield V Deluxe Edition includes Special Assignments for the British Special Air Service, inspired by the unit's true-to-life raids on German air bases, and Special Assignments for the German Fallschirmjäger troops, based on the defense of airfields on the North African coastline. In addition, Battlefield V Deluxe Edition includes Starter Assignments – test your skills on the battlefield and gain rewards.

• 20 Weekly Items with Airlift: Battlefield V Deluxe Edition lets you receive vital supplies with 20 weekly Airlifts, each containing one customization item. Pre-Order Battlefield V Deluxe Edition for More Bonus Content Including:

• Early access to the Battlefield V Open Beta. • 1 additional Special Soldier Set. • Immediate Access to Five Battlefield 1 Weapons*.

Airlifts = Lootboxes.

They somehow have to make money for that post launch content

Aniki

Oct 25, 2017
Sounds great. I really liked Battlefield 1 but i'm not opposed to them changing things up. Keeps it fresh.

Welfare

Prophet of Truth - You’re my Numberwall
Oct 26, 2017
That looked great and the changes sound interesting. Battlefield needed to spice things up in the gameplay department.