• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

SecondNature

Oct 25, 2017
I hope they add in Frontlines as a main mode. It was fun.

But really, I pray the Conquest changes are good. Id love to play Armored Kill sized maps, maps with important strategic holds, etc. I truly hope gunplay is as promsiing as it sounds

I really hope the game is tactical, Id love to play games that play out like PUBG where you're not just running at 20 enemies but making smart decisions and positioning. Id also really love Battlefield BR

Ripcord

Oct 30, 2017
I think I like a majority of those changes. At least on paper. Need more vehicle information.

Blade Wolf

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Taiwan
This is the most hardcore Battlefield to date, I can't stress just how happy I'm right now, this is what Battlefield is.

BF1 was casual as fuck, thank god they learned from it.

jelly

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Black Ops was talking about the skill based shooting thing recently too. Is this a new thing or are they basically doing Counter Strike?

Deleted member 2913

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

WhiskerFrisker

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
New York City
Bipods didn't need to be worked on, the hell.

I have to play the beta to see how this is. It seems quite different from BF1 which I was pretty good at.

LowParry

Oct 26, 2017
What exactly was shown in the reveal trailer? I could't tell if it was supposed to be multiplayer or single player.

Yeah that's what threw me off at first because it was very meh to me. But those details. Now that's very exciting. Let's go E3! This whole thing is making me feel like we're back to a COD vs BF again for competition. Goddamn this is going to be a great year.

haveheart

Oct 25, 2017
Black Ops was talking about the skill based shooting thing recently too. Is this a new thing or are they basically doing Counter Strike?

CS has probably the most refined and satifying shooting mechanics so it makes sense for others to follow. Visual recoil is just bad.

R6 Siege recently did too.

Rahxephon91

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
We are never going to get something as good as BF4 again are we? Why would you make the game slower paced? This whole BFV reveal has been garbage.

Whales

Oct 25, 2017
different audiences and all, but man I have no clue how people can be hyped for new CoD games when BF reveals are always insane and look so much better IMO

I cant wait, this looks like a big step up from BF1

OP
OP
SweetNicole

SweetNicole

The Old Guard
Oct 24, 2017
Jackfrags said that fortifications allows you to rebuild destroyed buildings, fuck that. Imo if some building is destroyed it should stay destroyed, I don't want any building in my Battlefield, stuff like sandbag and foxhole building it's OK, but whole buildings? C'mon now.

One of the coolest things in Battlefield is destruction and how the gameplay changes as more and more buildings and cover gets destroyed, but that's not the case anymore with fortifications.

That might even even be game breaking feature to me.

It sounds like rebuilt building can be re-destroyed

Carbon

Deploying the stealth Cruise Missile
Oct 27, 2017
So many of these changes sound great as a long time fan of Battlefield. Always been a big fan of the segmented health bar vs full health regen.

Fortifications DOES sound like the biggest change in Battlefield. Hopefully it improves the BF experience, rather than changing it into something totally different. Lots of potential there.

MarineMountie

Banned
Jan 18, 2018
I read the OP and didn't see the biggest news listed...might have missed it when I was reading through.

Real Conquest is back baby!!!!! Not that bastardized thing that DICE called Conquest in BF1.

Ringten

Nov 15, 2017
Not sure about fortifications.. Unless it's purely sand bags etc. But I swear I saw a building being rebuilt in the live stream event.

Rotterdam! Glad to see my home country (Netherlands) get represented!

iTehDroiD

Oct 28, 2017
I just hope they give the guns some proper recoil again. Predictable and no more visual recoil sounds great but thats all useless if the weapons have 0 recoil like in BF1. Also they need to increase crosshair size during the hip fire. In BF1 you don't even need use your iron sight since hip firing is so easy compared to BF4, BF3, BC etc.

Dark Ninja

Oct 27, 2017
These changes and additions sound great. WHAT THE HELL was that reveal event talk show shiet didn't cover any of this. Was that trailer supposed to aim at the casual audience.

Lifejumper

Oct 25, 2017
I just hope they give the guns some proper recoil again. Predictable and no more visual recoil sounds great but thats all useless if the weapons have 0 recoil like in BF1. Also they need to increase crosshair size during the hip fire. In BF1 you don't even need use your iron sight since hip firing is so easy compared to BF4, BF3, BC etc.

Predictable recoil is in.

Oct 30, 2017
I'm really really liking what I'm hearing. I'm down for a highly evolved Battlefield. Hell I'm down for any BF. It's my CoD. I'll always buy it.

Nameless

Oct 25, 2017
Building sounds really fucking dumb as does less ammo and every little thing requiring some elaborate animation. On the flip, the gunplay sounds potentially great, in depth customization is always welcome, and thank the gods Elites, Behemoths, and Premium are gone.

Bagelbeard

Oct 30, 2017
We're talking FOUNDATIONAL changes here, including things we were pushing for over 5 years ago. After watching Jack's video I'm completely on board, despite having significant concerns about my gameplay time with Red Dead hot on BFV's heels. As always, I'm obviously biased when it comes to Battlefield, but holy shit if this isn't shaping up to be the BF game I've always wanted.

MetalGearZed

Oct 30, 2017
This is the most hardcore Battlefield to date, I can't stress just how happy I'm right now, this is what Battlefield is.

BF1 was casual as fuck, thank god they learned from it.
I am pleasantly surprised. I thought that the fact that there will be only 2 years between V and 1 meant that we weren't going to be getting any big changes. Boy am I a glad that I'm wrong

Complicated

Oct 29, 2017
What was the Airborne mode they mentioned in the developer talk portion of the reveal? Certainly sounds like it could be 100 people airdropping on a map.

Apr 11, 2018
Australia
The no season pass thing means that I'm finally coming back to my favorite FPS franchise :D

I couldn't be happier and this is shaping up to look really great, could be one of the best games ever if the shooting feels right.

tommy7154

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Sounds pretty great. Usually not interested in this/CoD but will be watching out for some game play of this.

thevid

Puzzle Master
Oct 25, 2017
These changes sound promising. It'll be interesting to see whether or not these changes actually affects people's play styles though. At least it sounds like a well coordinated squad will be rewarded for working together.