• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Jul 15, 2018
This sounds like the direct response to the politization of the game's development and marketing fiasco.

I don't recall anything similar happening in past BF titles but because of the current political climate (especially in the US) do these divisive politics keep appearing in places where they have no business. So far I've only spotted a couple of "white man" in the chat but nothing severe on EU PC servers.

Rafako

Dec 19, 2017
Siege already did that with their word filter and ban penalties, too bad it was futile because racists got creative and even manage to bait other people to get banned. IIRC Ubisoft took out the filter in the last update.
Didn't BFV ban words in chat like "white male?" Seen in Angry Joe's beta review.

Deleted member 11093

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Didn't BFV ban words in chat like "white male?" Seen in Angry Joe's beta review.
They did, not sure if it still does, but all it does it just filter out the word, what Siege actually did is actually give players bans that ranges from several hours to a whole week. Obviously they didn't ban people for something dumb like "white males" or any of the other nonsense in BFV's filter, but they target racial slurs and their variations mostly.

Skade

Oct 28, 2017
Yeah, i saw a guy spewing bullshit like that yesterday, and his username was something like BattlefieldVSucks.

Totally not a hater (and he sucked).

Bookoo

Nov 3, 2017
I don't notice it that much myself although there are the occasional trolls doing various things, but most of the time I just see people bitching when we are losing. I play Frontlines though so that may be the reason since I don't think it's as popular as Conquest.

Using the H key will allow you to cycle through Hide/Show/Only when Active chat settings

Last edited:

bbq of doom

Oct 25, 2017
I've played pretty much daily since the Origin Premier launch and somedays it's just awful and other days it's just people bitching about medics. I'd say the majority of the days are the medic days, at least at this point.

I do find it funny that many of the "omg women in MY Battlefield, how could they?!" types still (apparently) got the game.

Some (all?) artificially compounded words avoid the censor.

Rocketz

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Metro Detroit
Siege already did that with their word filter and ban penalties, too bad it was futile because racists got creative and even manage to bait other people to get banned. IIRC Ubisoft took out the filter in the last update.
Well they changed it. If a message that has a banned word is detected, the message will now not display and it will be sent for "review". Then from there a decision will be made on what to do.

SapientWolf

Nov 6, 2017
Traditionally, PC Battlefield players would mostly chat about penis. The alt right crap is pretty recent. I don't see it very often, thankfully.

Rafako

Dec 19, 2017
They did, not sure if it still does, but all it does it just filter out the word, what Siege actually did is actually give players bans that ranges from several hours to a whole week. Obviously they didn't ban people for something dumb like "white males" or any of the other nonsense in BFV's filter, but they target racial slurs and their variations mostly.
Some (all?) artificially compounded words avoid the censor.
Well they changed it. If a message that has a banned word is detected, the message will now not display and it will be sent for "review". Then from there a decision will be made on what to do.
I see, thanks for the replies. What is evident is that if you try to ban someone from a certain discussion or from doing something bad, most of the times you encourage them at doing that, specially if they are of a certain age...

no1

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Apr 27, 2018
Is it bad that I'm curious to see some screenshots of the bigoted chat?
No but I want to say this isn't the community lol. I've seen barely any of this stuff. I'm already up to 100 hours of playtime. So I really don't think this is an accurate representation of the entire community.